By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Coronavirus

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

And now thanks to my stupid fucking company, I have Covid-19. Started feeling bad Friday night, rang NHS 111 earlier on and they confirmed that my symptoms say I have it.

There is a very good chance that I've already had it.

If I did have it, then the form that it took for me was absolutely horrendous but only for 3 days. It was otherwise mild.

I had the worst throat pain I've ever had, like having shards of glass in the back, and a terrible fever. But my symptoms could have been tonsillitis? Who really knows.

Look after yourself Morty!

morty

morty

Staff member
So far, for me, I am on day 6.

Started last Friday night with really bad sweats through the night, was obviously running a fever. Next 3 days was running up to 39.8, which I could take back down to below 37 for maybe 3 hours with paracetamol. Felt absolutely washed out and was just sleeping a lot. Bit of a cough, but no huge drama. Yesterday (and still) temperature back down to normal. Still very washed out and napping a lot. Cough a little worse now but still not bad. A little wheezy, like i am not running on full lung capacity. Went out in the garden last night to watch shooting stars and the Space X satellites and had to come in after not very long as was struggling to breathe a bit in the cold air.

I am feeling okayish, but still wary of my breathing a bit. I would liken it to if you have ever gone somewhere really cold, and you try to breathe in it? I have to isolate till Saturday, and will be glad to get the weekend over, NHS 111 said some people can take a bit of a dip about day 7, so need to keep an eye out for that. Fingers crossed I just have the version where you are pretty ill for a week, then fatigued for a few weeks after, but this seems to be very very different for everyone. Have a friend of a friend who is fit as fuck who was in hospital on oxygen three days after showing first symptoms.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Hi Morty. Glad to hear you may be over the worst, take care thougn this bastard can come back and bite you. Trust your recovery will continue. All our best from Me and Mrs OR. :)

N

Number 9

So far, for me, I am on day 6.

Started last Friday night with really bad sweats through the night, was obviously running a fever. Next 3 days was running up to 39.8, which I could take back down to below 37 for maybe 3 hours with paracetamol. Felt absolutely washed out and was just sleeping a lot. Bit of a cough, but no huge drama. Yesterday (and still) temperature back down to normal. Still very washed out and napping a lot. Cough a little worse now but still not bad. A little wheezy, like i am not running on full lung capacity. Went out in the garden last night to watch shooting stars and the Space X satellites and had to come in after not very long as was struggling to breathe a bit in the cold air.

I am feeling okayish, but still wary of my breathing a bit. I would liken it to if you have ever gone somewhere really cold, and you try to breathe in it? I have to isolate till Saturday, and will be glad to get the weekend over, NHS 111 said some people can take a bit of a dip about day 7, so need to keep an eye out for that. Fingers crossed I just have the version where you are pretty ill for a week, then fatigued for a few weeks after, but this seems to be very very different for everyone. Have a friend of a friend who is fit as fuck who was in hospital on oxygen three days after showing first symptoms.
Take care matey, try to get out to the garden in the sun and do nothing for a while.

morty

morty

Staff member
Take care matey, try to get out to the garden in the sun and do nothing for a while.
Haha, there is a definite theme of "doing nothing" with all this. But yeah, it is a beautiful day, will definitely be sitting out soon!

N

Number 9

Filled it in and am ineligible, guess am not what they are looking for, but cheers. Have been looking into donating plasma once I recover, but there isn't a donation centre anywhere near here. Nearest I think was Ipswich, and, no.
Anything at all you'd be able to donate to Ipswich, whatever it was it'd improve the place. :D

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I'm hoping for a slight easing of lockdown restrictions at the end of this week. Nothing too over the top, but perhaps a few things to help keep people sane. For example, I wouldn't mind being able to go to a national trust property with big gardens for a walk and I'd be a bit happier if it was easier to get supplies for gardening if I'm going to be trapped inside the house for any longer!

N

Number 9

I'm hoping for a slight easing of lockdown restrictions at the end of this week. Nothing too over the top, but perhaps a few things to help keep people sane. For example, I wouldn't mind being able to go to a national trust property with big gardens for a walk and I'd be a bit happier if it was easier to get supplies for gardening if I'm going to be trapped inside the house for any longer!
They've a meeting on Thursday, I imagine it'll start to ease after that.
One of my kids works in Home Bargains, people all day and all night buying compost and plants etc.
Must be some proper tidy gardens out there now.