By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Farke me

N

Number 9

I've given it thought and think I've got it in a nutshell.

Every manager has good and bad points (topics :)) )

What I struggle with about Farke is that he doesn't appear to learn or develop.
Now I'm happy to acknowledge that I don't see him conduct training or manage relationships with players / staff at the club.
What I see is the team playing over the past couple of years and the press conferences.
I reckon hardly any thing has changed in terms of tactics and game management etc we see now exactly what we saw in past seasons.
I call it Plan A.
I don't know why he doesn't move on, I've met him a couple of times and seems like a perfect gent, but he's not improved or developed.

morty

morty

Staff member
Does every single manager just keep improving and developing until they become the best manager in the world, then?

What about his learning and development from his first season, to the second where we won the league, does that not count?

And really, when you look at the big picture, you have to look at the club as a whole, and not just how Daniel effects things. His ability to have a plan B is very much dependent on what he has available to him. Tactically he has been pretty hamstrung by the overall quality of the squad (Let's not kid ourselves, we are doing this on the cheap) and also availability of players. A plan B that he has very much wanted to use, which would definitely add a string to our tactical bow, is to play 3 at the back. We have the perfect fullbacks in Max and Jamal to play this system, but haven't had 3 CB's fit all season I don't think? I think we managed it once, a few games ago, and then just as we think we are making headway, Godfrey is banned for 3 games. We have never really had striking options, Srbeny wanted off, and Drimc is only just fit again. None of our players who have played in the number 10 position have really made their mark, and it is only now with the arrival of Duda that we may have someone who can get beyond the striker and get among the goals.

So really, if you look at it, the sum total of what has been available to Farke to make tactical changes has been swapping midfielders around.

I think really most fans understand this, and the overall situation, on the face of it fans should be baying for the manager's head, but they really aren't, either home or away. Even after a fairly bland performance away at Man U, the team were applauded off the pitch.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Whilst having been critical at times, I have to say I think that's a very fair critique Morty. My main criticism has been the timing of subs which I know FF doesn't agree with! He hasn't had any support from above which has been commented on here and elsewhere, and with Webber due to depart in 2 years I think it is, where that leaves DF and/or the club I'm not sure.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

My main criticism has been the timing of subs which I know FF doesn't agree with!
:) I agree that his subs can be late and he does seem to have his” go to” players to come off the bench. What I don’t get is people seem to think that if he’d made some subs earlier in matches the results would have been different. With the exception of Hernandez we don’t really have anyone that is going to change a game that much.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Tbh FF even a world class player would struggle to make a difference if he came on with only 5/10 mins to go. :)

N

Number 9

:) I agree that his subs can be late and he does seem to have his” go to” players to come off the bench. What I don’t get is people seem to think that if he’d made some subs earlier in matches the results would have been different. With the exception of Hernandez we don’t really have anyone that is going to change a game that much.
I don't want to repeat myself and bore you even more,
Spurs game as an example, Todd seemed tired and out of sorts, Teemu was having a mare and Byram was facing the wrong direction most of the time.
There were three players on the bench who could have made an impact. But it was left very late for changes.
Instead of making things happen in a proactive way, he sits on his hands and often responds when its too late.
Marco coming on at 2-1 down, 85mins, our defence playing it amongst themselves near our corner flag.
We have to remember that the players in the squad were bought by Farke, if they're not suitable where does the buck stop?

OldRobert

OldRobert

Don't know if anyone clicked on that above, but a big scam warning comes up if you go any further. Like most of you I have very high security on my PC so no harm done. Has been reported.