By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Football news !

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Aston Oxborough has signed a new contract until 2022

morty

morty

Staff member

N

Number 9

Confirmed by the club. He's 23, everytime I read about him he's playing in a different position.
Attacking utility player covers it I suppose.

N

Number 9

Sweepstake as to how many attacking midfielders we gonna sign before the football starts again.......:D

OldRobert

OldRobert

How about a sweepstake as to when football starts again..................!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

With Sky now saying they won’t be asking for money back it makes it more likely the season will be void, let’s hope so anyway

N

Number 9

With Sky now saying they won’t be asking for money back it makes it more likely the season will be void, let’s hope so anyway
I maintain that it's very difficult to see any other solution.
It's not about goodwill or doing the right thing, we're talking about a pit full of parasites like agents who are in players ears.

dj161

dj161

if it's that soon (which I doubt) surely thats empty stadium football, no way old trafford is havng 75k people in it by June

N

Number 9

if it's that soon (which I doubt) surely thats empty stadium football, no way old trafford is havng 75k people in it by June
I cant see it, all players, staff, stadium employees, tv personnel etc staying free from a virus which you can catch without showing symptoms, plus ambulances taken away from hospital duty.
I just can't see it.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Should be Nitwit Football. Pie in the sky. Whatever world are they living in. Just underlines to me what little they understand or know of the real world. Ha bloody Ha.

morty

morty

Staff member
Should be Nitwit Football. Pie in the sky. Whatever world are they living in. Just underlines to me what little they understand or know of the real world. Ha bloody Ha.
Haha, no I don't particularly see it either, just thought it was funny that they were making such a prediction!

dj161

dj161

so UEFA have given all European leagues a deadline of Monday May 25th to finalize plans to return to action, that doesn't mean leagues have to return by that point, just that plans must be submitted, personally I feel it's a bit disrespectful to be demanding this, it almost says to me 'yeah 10s of thousands of people have died across the world, but when are you getting back to playing football?'

the French and Dutch leagues have already abandoned there respective seasons, Germany could be back playing in a couple of weeks, and Serie A is planning to return in June

It'll be interesting to see what decision the FA make, but personally i think it's in everyones best interest to just cancel the season and look to return on time for August for the new season, provisionally at least, that way we get an extra couple of months to try and get the worst of this virus gone and gives players more time to get themselves back up to speed and not feel forced into doing it

morty

morty

Staff member
They are desperate to get the money machine rolling again. I still have no idea how they plan to actually do this safely.