By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Jamal

N

Number 9

Its a conundrum, Jamal's sat there on the bench watching someone who hasn't got a left foot massacre his position.
Has he been told that Byram is a better defender and that's being prioritised over Jamal's attacking productivity?
Maybe Jamal has been sent off to train on better defending?
I personally find it extremely frustrating to watch Byram hobble up the left wing on his right foot, eventually turning 180° to kick the ball backwards with the right foot.
Its like the bad old days with Hughton playing left footed Snoddy on the right, then the pain of him not being able to kick the ball when he got to the top end of the pitch.
I saw Byram kick the ball with his left foot once, it's not good in any way and it can't help Jamal's confidence to watch.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Quite a few would say he is a better defender, no left foot notwithstanding (or falling over). I don't see the defence worse off for Jamal's absence personally. The more Byram plays the better he gets.