By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Kienan Davis

D

DaveJ

On our forum there are some reports that DS might be planning a bid for Davis for around £7mill.
I’m not convinced of his premier league quality tbh with you guys.
I believe he might be someone you might throw on, in the latter stages of a game you are chasing or if you are trying to hang onto a lead, as his main qualities are his ability to hold things up.
I can’t see him starting for you - mainly a support role to Pukki IMO.
Also seen some reports linking you to Hourihane - now this would be a good move for both club and player, looks a good fit to me.
I reckon a bid of £15 mill would land you both - any takers ?

morty

morty

Staff member
Just looked up Kienan's stats, and seems pretty similar to the likes of Adam Idah frankly. And invariably playing one striker, and having Pukki, Idah and Sargent, I'm not so sure we would be looking at another striker, especially a mostly unproven one. Especially in Idah, we have a striker that doesn't score, but is a big strong lad and can hold up play.

Hourihane, definitely a player I have admired over recent years, but for me, not sure he is likely, a bit past his prime at Premier league level perhaps. I think the fact he is on loan at Sheff U kinda says where his career is right now.

So it is a no from me :D

N

Number 9

On our forum there are some reports that DS might be planning a bid for Davis for around £7mill.
I’m not convinced of his premier league quality tbh with you guys.
I believe he might be someone you might throw on, in the latter stages of a game you are chasing or if you are trying to hang onto a lead, as his main qualities are his ability to hold things up.
I can’t see him starting for you - mainly a support role to Pukki IMO.
Also seen some reports linking you to Hourihane - now this would be a good move for both club and player, looks a good fit to me.
I reckon a bid of £15 mill would land you both - any takers ?
Deano has been making several obtuse comments about goalscoring and Pukki, so wouldn't surprise me if either some other players at the club get more game time or, another striker comes in.

D

DaveJ

Just looked up Kienan's stats, and seems pretty similar to the likes of Adam Idah frankly. And invariably playing one striker, and having Pukki, Idah and Sargent, I'm not so sure we would be looking at another striker, especially a mostly unproven one. Especially in Idah, we have a striker that doesn't score, but is a big strong lad and can hold up play.

Hourihane, definitely a player I have admired over recent years, but for me, not sure he is likely, a bit past his prime at Premier league level perhaps. I think the fact he is on loan at Sheff U kinda says where his career is right now.

So it is a no from me :D
I would agree regarding Davis tbh with you, especially with you pointing out the fact you already have a similar player Idah.
The Hourihane story seems to have more legs to it than the Davis reports.
He is a fit lad, the accusations against him, are more around his physical attributes rather than ability on the ball.
Maybe with you in the fight that you are, it may not be the best move either then.
I’ll keep you posted as and when more reports emerge on Villa Talk
UTV
On The Ball City

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

@DaveJ , the figure for Davis is reported locally as around £3-4m which more realistic I think. Having said that I still don’t think he’s what we need right now. As for Hourihane, a couple of seasons back I would have loved to have him but he’s got to be better than what we’ve got and I’m not sure if he is now

D

DaveJ

The Davis fee sounds about right to me as well, but VT saying £7 mill - I’ll drive him to Norfolk for this money .
I do like Conor - easy on the eye footballer, would probably make the squad stronger, but as you say not necessarily the starting 11.