By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

My first day without sky

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I've cancelled sky tv. I only had the basic package but thought I'd call their bluff which means no more sky sports news. I do have an android box with kodi but it's easier when it's all on your sky box, so I'm going cold turkey at the moment. I could afford it but it just seems a lot for the channels I was actually watching so I'm waiting for them to phone me with one of those " what can we do to have you back " calls. 

Reactions: ZLF
morty

morty

Staff member
Be strong man!

I have had a plan to do this for about a year, but never really got round to it!

ZLF

ZLF

it is only the inconvenience factor, channels that made me struggle at first - the inability to record remains my only irritation now - which lessens when I remind myself what I am saving and not adding to murdochs millions.

G

GJP

I cancelled then rang them back 5 minutes later and all of a sudden all sorts of deals and reductions were mine.

The f*cking robbing bastards.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Found a decent stream on my android for sky sports news which is better, can't live without Jo Wilson, Natalie Sawyer and Anna Woolhouse ?

Reactions: ZLF
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I forgot to say I kept the function to pause and record etc for an excessive £10 a month. I think they caught me at a weak moment for me to say yes to that but it was the only means I had to do that. Anyway, Sky have just phoned and given me all my old channels back at no extra cost so I feel I've sort of won until next September when I'll renegotiate again.