By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Arsenal (Home) Boxing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
The Premier league has met today and says matches will go ahead, obviously depending on Covid testing results, and also depending on whatever overall restrictions may be brought in by the Govt.

Season ticket holders (and members?) also should have had a mail from the club, with a link, to upload your vaccination status to be attached to your membership number. I believe anyone going on a casual ticket can upload an LFT, done within 48 hours of the match.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

I am not a season ticket holder but am a member. I got my email and have registered my Covid status. It's really easy, as is getting any of the Covid passes.

morty

morty

Staff member
I am not a season ticket holder but am a member. I got my email and have registered my Covid status. It's really easy, as is getting any of the Covid passes.
Yeah I thought it was pretty straightforward, though I think some Apple users struggled. Should have bought a proper computer / Samsung phone then.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Mrs Frank isn’t registered on the club’s website so I’ve logged on, completed the form, refreshed it and then did it again with her details. I had an e mail both times so I guess that will be ok, we’ll find out Sunday but have our covid passes on our phones just in case

Din

Din

So looks from this like Tzolis and Sargent are ok again, but Rupp and Lees Melou still out, and worryingly no sign of Aarons either?

Normann and Rashica both absent too. Was hoping we’d have at least one of them back for Sunday.

morty

morty

Staff member
So looks from this like Tzolis and Sargent are ok again, but Rupp and Lees Melou still out, and worryingly no sign of Aarons either?

Normann and Rashica both absent too. Was hoping we’d have at least one of them back for Sunday.
We have a few days yet though, fingers crossed.

Din

Din

We have a few days yet though, fingers crossed.

To be fair Lees Melou put a post on his instagram story today which suggests he’s back in training, hopefully more are to follow before Sunday!

N

Number 9

Can I be the first one to say

Bah Humbug, Ya Filthy Animals!

morty

morty

Staff member
Dean Smith confirms City have fresh Covid cases. Although, some of those who previously tested positive are returning. HE says #ncfc have had fresh COVID cases at the club. He’s not sure how many will be missing on Boxing Day as still awaiting PCR test results.

Smith says it’s “lunacy that we are having to play two games in 48 hours”.

A line in that answer stating that #NCFC have been forced to push players quicker through their rehab and that has led to a few breaking down. Smith reveals he had four players who pulled out on the day of the Villa game. Another three who couldn't come on due to illness. He blames himself for not pushing to get the Aston Villa game off. States he felt bullish after United game to play his former team. Smith reveals #NCFC had a player playing against Aston Villa who had a temperature of 39+ degrees. He takes responsibility for that not being postponed.

'I think I've had more conversations with my head of medical and doctor in the last few weeks than I have anyone else.'

DS: “We’re coming up against an animal (Arsenal) who are playing really well. We need to be at our best.”

Of course, the current Covid situation makes it incredibly difficult to prepare for any game, with players dropping away at any minute. Smith believes that his experience in youth coaching, where players were plucked by the first team, has helped him become adaptable.

Big blow. Mathias Normann has had a setback and has some surgery. He's going to be out for the 'foreseeable future'. Boxing Day comes too soon for Milot Rashica, who Smith is hopeful will be back for the Leicester game.

'I don't think it's likely to go back to no supporters. The way the government have pushed for second and booster jabs, I think it would be wrong to keep supporters away now.'

Ozan Kabak is available for selection. He is one of the players who shouldn't have been playing against Aston Villa, Smith says. Recently recovered from glandular fever and was then forced to play twice in three games. “Kabak is back to fitness now, but to ask him to play two games in three days is going to be too much.”

'At this stage, I'm expecting both the Boxing Day and the 28th to go ahead. That was the message from the Premier League.'

Grant Hanley doesn't need surgery. That is good news. But he won't be available for the next couple of weeks.

Andrew Omobamidele is out for another 10 days with his back injury.

Smith says it was Billy Gilmour was playing with a temperature against Aston Villa. Christos Tzolis and Josh Sargent have returned to training.

Pierre Lees-Melou is back in training. Lukas Rupp has had illness and injury, will be assessed today ahead of Sunday.

Smith is expecting #NCFC to train with 16-17 players today. So above that threshold set by the Premier League. He adds that Norwich don't currently have a squad that is robust enough to play twice in two days because of Covid, injury issues etc.

Sam Byram has come through the game against Aston Villa. They are in constant dialogue with him, Smith says. But clear it wasn't in his recovery plan to play that soon and out of position.

But clear from Smith's tone that he's wary of being 100pc certain of anyone's availability, expects 16-17 players to train today. Essentially #NCFC are just trying to get through this as best they can and are forced to take it day by day, far from ideal, as it is across the PL.

'When you've got Jordan Henderson coming out and saying nobody is looking after player welfare, we should all sit up and take notice. 'Our captain (Grant Hanley) had spoken to him before that statement.'

morty

morty

Staff member
Burnley v Everton just been cancelled, I wonder if we might hear something today about our game?

OldRobert

OldRobert

Unless Arsenal haven't got 14 fit, they'll make us play no matter what. They don't want us in their poxy league, so they'll do anything to ensure we fall out of it.:mad:

morty

morty

Staff member
Spurs vs Palace just been called off...

Edit Not official yet though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.