By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Aston Villa (Away) Sunday 5th May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Unfortunately won't get to see this as away back to work in the morning.

I want us to win the league, I want a trophy in our cabinet and a medal round the players necks, as they deserve one. Hard to know what Villa will do with this one, whether they will rest players or not. I assume we will go with pretty much an unchanged team from last game.

dj161

dj161

Tammy Abraham injured and won't be risked before the playoffs
Jonathan Kodjia has a calf problem and will be monitored in the lead up
Jed Steer has a foot injury and could miss out (he's been in goal for all twelve games in their unbeaten run)
Anwar El Ghazi's red card against Leeds was rescinded so he'll likely play a part
John McGinn is on 14 yellow cards so won't play due to the playoffs

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them rest a couple more players with one eye on the playoffs

as for us Injury dependant I wouldn't change anyone from the Blackburn game, lets go get that trophy!!!

morty

morty

Staff member
I saw somewhere, the other day, that there is actually a rule on this, ie how many players you have to play that have previously been involved. It was along the lines of if they haven't been involved for most of the season, you can't just chuck them in, they have to have played since 1st of March or something. It stemmed from a scenario a few seasons ago where a team played a virtual youth side, and it contributed to them losing and another team being relegated.

dj161

dj161

I saw somewhere, the other day, that there is actually a rule on this, ie how many players you have to play that have previously been involved. It was along the lines of if they haven't been involved for most of the season, you can't just chuck them in, they have to have played since 1st of March or something. It stemmed from a scenario a few seasons ago where a team played a virtual youth side, and it contributed to them losing and another team being relegated.
How is that going to be relevant in this game though, we're definetly promoted, and they're defintely finishing in the playoff places, seems a ridiculous rule if that's true

I remember a few years ago Mick McCarthy having a run in with the FA when he rested all ten outfield players away to Man Utd that had played in the previous game, as they had a more winnable game after that and wanted to keep them fresh, I seem to remember Ian Holloway doing the same, and the basic argument is who at the FA has the right to decide what is a managers strongest eleven when you're forced to pick a 25 man squad and then get told you can't play these players

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I think you have to pick eight players that have played the previous week, something like that although I’m sure there’s a pretty easy way of getting round it. We’ll find out on Sunday

Din

Din

Would love to be able to go to this, but it sold out before I even had the chance. Not only obviously would I love to see us potentially lift the title etc, but as I've mentioned before one of my good mates is a Villa fan so always try and do Villa Park if I can, just a shame for me it's the most in-demand fixture of the season.

But yeah, my mate said that practically all key players will be rested, including McGinn and Kodjia (as said above),and most likely Grealish and Mings too.

To be honest, while I'm happy just going up regardless of whether that's in 1st or 2nd, I would be a bit disappointed if we didn't win the title now, mainly that's because I can't be arsed to see Wilder's stupid face holding the trophy. He's a dickhead, a few of their players are dickheads (cough Dean Henderson cough),and fair few of their fans are dickheads, and it would wind me up seeing them giving it large on Twitter, even though it shouldn't haha. Plus I saw a stat the other day which was something along the lines of we've been top of the table for 21 games this season, Sheff Utd have been top for 2. We deserve it miles more than them, so let's go and get at least a point and secure the trophy :D

Same team as Blackburn for me. Would love to see a Pukki hat-trick so that he'd be the guy who scored more goals in a season than anyone else. In a way I'm looking forward to this, but I also really don't want this season to be over, as it's undoubtedly been one of the best and most memorable seasons of my time supporting Norwich. But yeah, let's end it on a high. OTBC

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Apparently if we get the point we need we won’t be lifting the trophy at Villa Park

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Why's that? So they can do it Monday?
Don’t know, had a chat with Jordan Rhodes yesterday, he said he didn’t think it would happen on Sunday if we get the point to win it but he didn’t know why

dj161

dj161

I imagine they don't want any trouble in stadiums by having the away team celebrating a title win in another teams ground, but if the trophy is there or not if we win it there's still gonna be some major celebrations

OldRobert

OldRobert

NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C),Godfrey, Lewis; Vrancic, McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK),Hanley, Klose, Tettey, Leitner, Cantwell, Rhodes
VILLA: Steer; Hutton (C),Tuanzebe, Hause, Taylor; Whelan, Hourihane, Lansbury; Adomah, Green, Kodjia. Subs: Kalinic (GK),Elphick, Elmohamady, El Ghazi, Jedinak, Bjarnasson, Davis
REFEREE: Peter Bankes (Merseyside)

morty

morty

Staff member
H/t. 1-1. So far so good! Nice to see the blades are losing too.

morty

morty

Staff member
100% deserved, our consistency towards the back end of the season has been immense. We were moaning about the draws, but kept grinding them out. Amazing mental strength when you compare it to how Leeds finished the season (lol).

OldRobert

OldRobert

That was the proverbial icing on the cake for me. Promotion obviously was brilliant, but I wanted the title too, and they obliged. What a brilliant season they have all given us from Doris to DF/SW. Now we can busy ourselves with all the speculation ready for next season. Couln't have asked for more. OTBC.

G

gerryinromania

Super good. Gerry in Romania is on Thassos and feeling happy and proud. Mythos and Metaxa tasting oh so good, plus I'm re-united with you good folk

N

Number 9

Its pleasing in a strange way that we basically walked the League yet we have a good deal of room for improvement with the players already in the building.
We haven't been over performing in my opinion so bodes well for learning lessons and success in the Premier League.

G

gerryinromania

Yeah butt. my bloody telephone is brukken.Didn't see anywhere in manual, that it was not supposed to go up in the air, and land on a hard surface. Can't get by the log in. 55 Euros tomorrow. Who cares, press another grape please.

Status
Not open for further replies.