By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Aston Villa (Home) Tuesday 14th December 7:45pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Assume there is a presser this morning at 9? Not sure if I will be able to see any of it, as they can shove their Pinkun app up their rickers.

Seeing a story that Villa cancelled a recovery session yesterday due to Covid cases, so will be interesting to see what is going on, there seems to be a real upturn in cases amongst players just now.

Regarding us I guess defence is the biggest issue, is any of Hanley, Omabamidele, or Gibson fit? I think I saw Gibson was expected to be. Then there's the question of Giannoulis or Williams?

morty

morty

Staff member
Dean Smith confirms Christos Tzolis remains the only player isolating with a positive Covid case. DS on latest Covid situ in the squad: 'We have the one confirmed case. He is isolating at home. But the rest of the squad, we are ok. But we can see what is happening in the country. I have had my booster. We are hopeful of getting others to do the same.

DS on fears of returning to BCD games. "It's always worrying when you've got the PM coming on the screen to tell us what's happening but the last two years we've had that, we got through the first period." Very much projecting a message of no internal panic about Covid.

Smith on Villa: "There's an advantage that obvs I know the majority of strengths & weakness as brought the majority in, think it's just John McGinn that was there before." But clearly Gerrard will have changed methods, has watched & "they've had some really good results"

Smith not getting caught up in the #AVFC emotions, says the decision to sack him was out of his hands and has spoken plenty about his personal connections. "I move on very quickly, I'm enjoying life at Norwich and it just so happens it's Villa tomorrow."

DS on controversial PL refereeing calls: "All managers understand can't have consistency from referee to referee, as sometimes they'll see things differently, but want consistency in a 90 minutes." Highlights subjectivity of penalty decisions, VAR improvements still needed. Smith says "I still feel the referees need to take more on-field responsibility" in terms of over-reliance on VAR for making decisions

Smith on busy festive schedule #NCFC "We can only control the next game and concentrate on our own performances. We're moving in the right direction and hopefully results will follow."

Smith stresses creating chances is the important thing and he remains convinced that the #NCFC goal output will improve: "We need to make better decisions in the final third, if we do that then we'll be fine."

DS says no extra motivation to be playing against his former club #AVFC "No, only the motivation that is to win the next game. We need to because of our position in the table and the gap to safety. We've taken 5 points in 5 games under me and we need to take more."

Smith asked if #NCFC have had a Xmas party, which seems a bit irrelevant to me, when they're playing football in a stadium of 27,000 people - the party fuss was from a year ago... "We've only had a virtual one, where there's one or two of us in the room."

Smith asked more about Villa links, stresses his 'sole remit' is #NCFC now but can't hide connection. "I'll always be a Villa fan." Jokes: "I was quite proud of the fact my lad came back from America and he wanted to go and watch Liverpool v #AVFC rather than the Norwich game.

Grant Hanley - no fracture but definitely got ligament damage, out for at least 10 days. Ben Gibson - training today. Andrew Omobamidele - back after Christmas period (stress fracture in back). On Zimbo. 'Not running yet. Maybe indoors running next week or so.'

On Normann. 'Hasn't trained yet. So he won't be ready for #avfc. Rashica, back running. We hope he is available for #arsenal.' #ncfc

On Tzolis. 'Not sure about the protocols and when you can return. I'll leave that to the medical dept.'

First Buendia question put to Smith. "It was enjoyable working with Emi, a good lad, top player, a fiery character. Signed him for a reason because knew he could perform at this level." Points to playing a slightly different position so far this season. More on Buendia: "I said from the outset he's not the new Jack Grealish. They don't play similarly, they're very different players. Emi's had a bit of a troubled start, getting injured and then going away with his country and having to isolate for 10 days in Croatia.

A little more from DS on Hanley shoulder injury: "It's a blow, captain as well, but when you see someone like that go down and stay down you know there's a problem. I was really pleased with Jacob Sorensen when he came on."

DS asked about what reception Buendia should get. 'He should have the one he deserves for what he did here. I saw the reaction Jack Grealish got going back to #avfc. He deserved better than that.'

N

Number 9

Assume there is a presser this morning at 9? Not sure if I will be able to see any of it, as they can shove their Pinkun app up their rickers.

Seeing a story that Villa cancelled a recovery session yesterday due to Covid cases, so will be interesting to see what is going on, there seems to be a real upturn in cases amongst players just now.

Regarding us I guess defence is the biggest issue, is any of Hanley, Omabamidele, or Gibson fit? I think I saw Gibson was expected to be. Then there's the question of Giannoulis or Williams?
Comply!

Din

Din

Given we're coming off the back of a couple of defeats, and we've got tricky games up next against West Ham and Arsenal, I think it's important we get something from this. A difficult one considering Villa have looked really solid since Gerrard came in, but if we can get near the performance levels we showed against United, then at home, I don't think a win is out of our grasp.

I saw that Gerrard said in his presser that they'd been "saving" Buendia for this game, bodes well :rolleyes: You can guarantee he's gonna have the game of his life.

Part of me would be tempted to put Williams back in for this game, just because I feel like he wouldn't be afraid to leave one in on Buendia, particularly as he never played with him, but I don't think you can drop Giannoulis after his performance on Saturday. Maybe play Giannoulis in front of Williams on the left? I dunno, but I have to say I wouldn't be against it. Whether though we do that, or bring in Dowell/Idah/Cantwell, I'd probably drop Sargent. Placheta did enough for me to keep his place. I know Gibson is back fit but I have to admit I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't start Sorenson and Kabak at centre back, both of them were excellent against United. A shame Normann isn't fit as I'd definitely bring him back in, but as he's not I imagine we'll go with the same midfield 3.

Din

Din

My gut feeling is that if Gibson is fit, he'll start.

I tend to agree, probably in place of Lungi. I like Gibson a lot, but it would be incredibly harsh on Sorenson to drop him out.

G

gerryinromania

As an aside to reffing problems. Here today. the Romanian league chiefs, have said that the top Eufa disciplinary man, is arriving tomorrow, checking all refs and their f$$k ups, awarding non existent penalties etc to certain teams, possibly brown envelopes. As one owner said last year, * We don't need var, we have enough corruption *

morty

morty

Staff member
cxcvx.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
Bloody hell, no Rupp, Sargent, Lees Melou, wonder if we have Covid issues?

G

gerryinromania

Gilmour and Cantwell are superb. GIR Chuckles crazily.

G

gerryinromania

Tv channel decided to switch games, so now GIR still chuckling crazily as Leeds are taking a lesson

N

Number 9

Well. That was terrible.
It's a difficult one, trying to pick positives out of a game where ten players were out with covid / injuries and the booing was clearly heard at the end of each half.

It was a makeshift team with players who probably had to introduce themselves to each other before the game.

For what it's worth, Byram did well and Placheta tried to get involved although obviously he's limited with his ability.

Max had a mare the whole game.

morty

morty

Staff member
It's a difficult one, trying to pick positives out of a game where ten players were out with covid / injuries and the booing was clearly heard at the end of each half.

It was a makeshift team with players who probably had to introduce themselves to each other before the game.

For what it's worth, Byram did well and Placheta tried to get involved although obviously he's limited with his ability.

Max had a mare the whole game.
You're not the first person I have seen say about Max, but I thought he was fine.

Aye, Placheta was decent again, and good to see Byram back.

Everyone else stunk the place out. I'm too angry about Cantwell to even give an opinion about him right now.

N

Number 9

You're not the first person I have seen say about Max, but I thought he was fine.

Aye, Placheta was decent again, and good to see Byram back.

Everyone else stunk the place out. I'm too angry about Cantwell to even give an opinion about him right now.
Bailey said some interesting stuff about Todd.
Placheta seemed to try hard with nothing at the end.
Don't know what McLean was doing, seemed to be throwing himself down all over the park looking for freekicks, and how he stuffed up that chance one on one with the keeper.

morty

morty

Staff member
Bailey said some interesting stuff about Todd.
Placheta seemed to try hard with nothing at the end.
Don't know what McLean was doing, seemed to be throwing himself down all over the park looking for freekicks, and how he stuffed up that chance one on one with the keeper.
What did Bailey say about Todd?

Gaffer

Gaffer

Ramsey jogs all the way from the half way line into our box with our players jogging along with him as if they're trying to take a photo, so I can't see how any excuses about injuries or covid wash. But we do desperately need Normann back and to get rid of any fantasies that Todd is going to be our saviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.