By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Barnsley(away) Saturday 3rd March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Will the game even go ahead?

A win would be nice if so :)

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I supposed to be flying to Budapest on that day, and I'm more worried about whether that will go ahead to be honest!

hogesar

hogesar

I was going to buy tickets, but first of all Barnsley is hardly the epicentre of cultural integrity (I have no desire to watch a 35 year old woman pee up the outside of a building),and secondly I had the fear of going on club canary, travelling 2 hours, getting stuck in an inevitable snow / ice based accident somewhere and missing the game.

N

Number 9

Pitch will probably be ok, but the approaches to the stadium and the outside areas of the stands will surely be frozen. That's without considering the state of the roads for traveling. Would be most surprised if majority of games aren't cancelled this weekend.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Barnsley has been closed today due to the weather, I’ve felt that because they have undersoil heating it would go ahead, but now having doubts about it

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

but first of all Barnsley is hardly the epicentre of cultural integrity

:D

I escaped 13 days ago.

Its just 25 years behind everywhere else... so go in 2043 when you feel nostalgic for the late 2010's.

I moved 20 miles north to nearer Leeds, and I almost doubled the cost of a pint of beer in the process.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Barnsley has been closed today due to the weather, I’ve felt that because they have undersoil heating it would go ahead, but now having doubts about it

We live somewhere near Wakefield/Leeds way, and my wife commutes to Doncaster for work. Her team are from Rotherham/Barnsley/Doncaster/Sheffield and she told them all not to bother going in for work today. Think my wife will go in tomorrow, but not conclusive that her team all will.

Motorways will presumably all be absolutely fine.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Another great interview with DF :)

The Canaries’ Championship game at Barnsley was called off on Friday on safety grounds, but Farke was less forgiving over some of the excuses from his squad earlier in the week as they struggled to get to the club’s snowbound Colney base.

“It was funny on the Wednesday, there was so much snow and all the German lads were in at the normal time,” he said. “To be honest, most of the British lads were thinking it was a day off and sending in pictures of the snow, saying: ‘The roads are blocked, we can’t come’.

“It was the same with the training staff. My goalkeeper coach rings me and says: ‘I can’t come’. I’m thinking this is a brilliant day for keepers to train in the snow.

“Most of the players live pretty close to the stadium and the Germans were in. Marley Watkins, a Welsh guy, and I think the Welsh guys are tough, he sends me a photo of some snow on his car. I understand the Portugal guys. Nelson (Oliveira) was sending me a picture saying the roads are too dangerous. I sent him a picture back of Louis Thompson, a British player who lives two houses away from Nelson, and he was in at the normal time.

“I accept the sun is always shining in Portugal. Maybe it is a cultural thing. I get the feeling here with snow everything is not possible.

“Normally we have the session at 9am so we said: ‘okay the streets are a bit tricky. We put it back to 1pm’ but even at 1pm, and I don’t want to criticise the British players, but at 12:50pm Jamal Lewis sends me a picture saying there is so much snow. I know this. That is why we put the session back.

“Nelson tells me it is too dangerous. I said: ‘Nelson, I drove on those roads at 9am. When I was driving I could see cars with young women and old women, old men and young men, children, and it is not too dangerous for them but my 25-year-old tough striker it is not possible to be in the car’. I can’t accept it.

“To be fair they were all in, Jamal a bit later. I have to adapt to the thought that when it snows nothing works.

“Even my television is not working for the past seven days.

“No technical guy can come out because it is snowing. I am the only head coach in Western Europe who is not able to watch football games on the telly.”

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I was going to buy tickets, but first of all Barnsley is hardly the epicentre of cultural integrity

ps. Its actually worth going to Oakwell in normal weather conditions to see their really old stand for football nostalgia, there are very few like it left and the rear of the stand is a great shot for instagram.

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/photos/grounds/barnsley-west-stand.jpg

The upside to a town of people who are adverse to progress and reluctant to join the 21st century.

morty

morty

Staff member
ps. Its actually worth going to Oakwell in normal weather conditions to see their really old stand for football nostalgia, there are very few like it left and the rear of the stand is a great shot for instagram.

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/photos/grounds/barnsley-west-stand.jpg

The upside to a town of people who are adverse to progress and reluctant to join the 21st century.

This one? Taken at last years disastrous trip there :oops:

15326301_10153994667380877_8588287262829146771_o.jpg

Din

Din

Is it just me or does that opposite stand look really wonky? :D

morty

morty

Staff member
Haha,
Is it just me or does that opposite stand look really wonky? :D
Haha, yeah, looks that way! Perhaps their fancy new foreign owners will sort it out!

Reactions: Din
Status
Not open for further replies.