By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Barnsley (Home) Saturday 2nd January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Definitely time to get back to winning ways! As an aside I see they have just bought our young striker Carlton Morris, no idea if it has gone through yet.

I don't think Krul is fit yet so we will see more of Barden in goal. I think a few would like to see Zimbo benched.

Just reading Barnsley are in a bit of form...

N

Number 9

Barnsley have Covid, 1 player tested positive, two others self isolating.

dj161

dj161

this is from Paul Warne, Rotherham manager, he basically says that if they postponed their game against Barnsley due to Rotherham players having covid-19, his team would receive a fine and a points deduction, they've since played the game and Barnsley players have now contracted covid-19, this is getting ridiculous now, teams are playing with covid due to being threatened with punishments if they don't, the FA & EFL need to make a ruling that if you can prove your club has a single positive case of covid the next fortnights worth of games need postponing with no repercussions, imagine if we play Barnsley and Teemu Pukki contracts it, and then has to return to his newborn without even knowing he has it, absolutely pathetic from footballs governing bodies

N

Number 9

this is from Paul Warne, Rotherham manager, he basically says that if they postponed their game against Barnsley due to Rotherham players having covid-19, his team would receive a fine and a points deduction, they've since played the game and Barnsley players have now contracted covid-19, this is getting ridiculous now, teams are playing with covid due to being threatened with punishments if they don't, the FA & EFL need to make a ruling that if you can prove your club has a single positive case of covid the next fortnights worth of games need postponing with no repercussions, imagine if we play Barnsley and Teemu Pukki contracts it, and then has to return to his newborn without even knowing he has it, absolutely pathetic from footballs governing bodies

TBF, there's been no testing in the EFL at all so the situation you mentioned regards Pukki, or indeed any player, could have easily happened up til now.
I believe it was Tottenham? who kicked up because a Cup game was against an EFL side who hadn't been tested and even refused to be tested when Spurs offered to pay for it.

dj161

dj161

TBF, there's been no testing in the EFL at all so the situation you mentioned regards Pukki, or indeed any player, could have easily happened up til now.
I believe it was Tottenham? who kicked up because a Cup game was against an EFL side who hadn't been tested and even refused to be tested when Spurs offered to pay for it.

that's all true, but doesn't change the fact that we know 100% that members of the Barnsley team/staff do have it, surely it's putting unnecessary risk to not only the players and staff's health but also their family members, I can understand to some extent when a team has 0 cases that they are aware of but it turns out you do have unknown cases which just haven't been picked up yet why they go about things as normal, but when you 100% know that members of your group do have it, everyone that has been in contact with them in recent days needs to isolate, for example if I saw my parents over xmas, one of the had caught it, I found this out and just went to work anyway, these players have been in contact with each other virtually everyday, and people wonder why most of the country is in tier 4 now

Din

Din

Obviously we all want football to keep going. It's just about the only thing I look forward to at the moment being furloughed and basically in lockdown, but I don't really know how the EFL/FA can justify keeping everything continuing as normal with the way it's going. This week just gone, 7 of the 12 fixtures in League One were called off because of Covid, as well as 2 Premier League fixtures and 2 Championship fixtures. There really at least needs to be some sort of circuit-breaker, or it's just going to get more out of hand than it already is.

Din

Din

On this actual game, assuming it does go ahead, Placheta will be back on the bench, and Farke said Krul has a 'solid chance' of playing :D McGovern out for 3/4 months, which is a real shame for him. Rupp and Stiepermann also not back until the FA Cup game next week at the earliest.

For me, Gibson has to come back into the side for Zimmermann. Wouldn't be opposed to a couple of other changes either, like seeing Dowell or Martin come in.

Barnsley are obviously missing a couple of players, but even so they've won 6 out of their last 8 games, and are the most in-form side in the league over their last 6 games. Their away form recently has also been superb. Tough game, but after disappointing results in the last couple of games it’s one that we could do with getting 3 points from.

N

Number 9

that's all true, but doesn't change the fact that we know 100% that members of the Barnsley team/staff do have it, surely it's putting unnecessary risk to not only the players and staff's health but also their family members, I can understand to some extent when a team has 0 cases that they are aware of but it turns out you do have unknown cases which just haven't been picked up yet why they go about things as normal, but when you 100% know that members of your group do have it, everyone that has been in contact with them in recent days needs to isolate, for example if I saw my parents over xmas, one of the had caught it, I found this out and just went to work anyway, these players have been in contact with each other virtually everyday, and people wonder why most of the country is in tier 4 now
I agree entirely, I'm super cautious and can't understand why this situation hadn't developed before now. It's been a possibility since September.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Much as I hate the idea a 'circuit breaker' is called for. This bloody virus is out of control, not helped by the usual bloody idiots who take no notice of any regulations. Surely life is more important, I know mine is as is Mrs OR's. Do people not realise that it can kill you? Frankly I give up with the 'public', most don't have a freakin' brain cell that still works. :mad:

G

gerryinromania

Tell you what OR. I may live in Romania, we have a full on covid, but I feel much safer here with all the restrictions in place, after hearing what my daughter in Kings Lynn has to say. Our football is now in a 3 week winter break, so no probs here, I still get to watch football, every day if I want, and without the bloody posturing and bowing and scraping as is done in England, With that and the china plague, players must be getting pissed off

N

Number 9

Screenshot_20210102-172236_Twitter.jpg
So Farke and his mate are immune to covid then? That'll be the manager of Barnsley, yep Barnsley, covid central.
Just seems incredibly arrogant and stupid to me.

morty

morty

Staff member
Been daft busy all day so only just catching up now, sounds like we made hard work of it again, but can't complain I guess!

Nice surprise seeing Krul back!

N

Number 9

Been daft busy all day so only just catching up now, sounds like we made hard work of it again, but can't complain I guess!

Nice surprise seeing Krul back!
Much like all the games this season so far Morty.
Barnsley have a very good record past few games.
Barnsley had five? players out with Covid issues.
We didn't take our chances, other than the ridiculous Emi, and Barnsley didn't take their chances, although they had some very good ones.

Din

Din

I thought it was an improved performance on the last couple of games. We looked like we had an actual plan this time and had long spells when we were in control. Undoubtedly a deserved win, but with the chances we had it should've been more than 1-0. Barnsley were no slouches either, one of the better teams to come to Carrow Road.

Nice now that we have a 2 week break before the next league game, with a cup tie in-between where hopefully some players who have recently returned from injury can get some minutes, and for the first time we can rest a load of players who have played pretty much every game for 2/3 months.

Bang on half-way through the season and we're 4 points clear with 47 points on the board. If we can match our points tally in the 2nd half of the season then we'll finish the season on 94 points, the exact same amount we won the league with 2 seasons ago! (Incidentally we also had 47 points at the half-way point that season too).

N

Number 9

I thought it was an improved performance on the last couple of games. We looked like we had an actual plan this time and had long spells when we were in control. Undoubtedly a deserved win, but with the chances we had it should've been more than 1-0. Barnsley were no slouches either, one of the better teams to come to Carrow Road.

Nice now that we have a 2 week break before the next league game, with a cup tie in-between where hopefully some players who have recently returned from injury can get some minutes, and for the first time we can rest a load of players who have played pretty much every game for 2/3 months.

Bang on half-way through the season and we're 4 points clear with 47 points on the board. If we can match our points tally in the 2nd half of the season then we'll finish the season on 94 points, the exact same amount we won the league with 2 seasons ago! (Incidentally we also had 47 points at the half-way point that season too).
Surely Barnsley will be kicking themselves for not beating us, since they had and missed the best chances in the game.
Yes, we had possession etc, but they missed the best chances.
It seems to be a pattern of games this season.

G

GJP

Surely Barnsley will be kicking themselves for not beating us, since they had and missed the best chances in the game.
Yes, we had possession etc, but they missed the best chances.
It seems to be a pattern of games this season.

Thought we wasted several good chances and clearly the best side won.

Status
Not open for further replies.