By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Birmingham City (home) Friday 18th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Looking forward to this, first game in a while! Looks like we are back to having some options, I think Stieperman is fit? And Mcclean has maybe done enough to be involved? Rhodes to start?

Could do with 3 points, keep up the pressure!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

If we’re serious about top two then we need 3 points

Din

Din

Yeah a win here would be very nice indeed. Not gonna be easy though considering Birmingham are only just outside the play-offs. At home though you would back us.

Team I'd go for:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Klose Lewis
Tettey Vrancic
McLean Stiepermann Hernandez
Pukki

Subs: Matthews, Hanley, Godfrey, Trybull, Buendia, Cantwell, Rhodes
If Klose's fit then he has to come back in. Godfrey overall has done well but he's just not Klose. Wouldn't be against seeing Hanley introduced but probably a bit drastic to change both centre backs. I don't think Cantwell or Buendia have really been at it in recent weeks. Buendia has obviously been in and out with injury, and Cantwell maybe has just been playing a bit too much, so it'd be good to see McLean get a chance. Harsh to leave Rhodes out but I think he's literally the perfect option off the bench, and to start him we'd either have to drop/move Pukki or change formation, which I wouldn't want us to do. Stiepermann should definitely come back in. We've missed him in the last couple of weeks.

Really looking forward to this, let's hope that we can put on a show seeing as we're live on Sky. OTBC

OldRobert

OldRobert

Agree Din, must play Klose and Stiepermann. I'm not one of those totally convinced by Godfrey. He's done well, but I don't want to see all that experience left on the bench. If McLean is fully fit he should start, he can be a bloody nuisance, imo Cantwell has been off the boil a bit lately.

hogesar

hogesar

Godfrey really suits our style of play so wouldn't be surprised to see him still included.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

No Klose or Tettey :( I think he may bring in Hanley alongside Zimbo to try and deal with Jutkiewicz, as for Tetteys replacement I guess it will be Trybull

Din

Din

No Klose or Tettey :( I think he may bring in Hanley alongside Zimbo to try and deal with Jutkiewicz, as for Tetteys replacement I guess it will be Trybull
Yeah would agree with that. Disappointing news, Klose potentially being out for 6 weeks.

I wouldn't be against giving Godfrey a try in Tettey's role. I like Trybull but he hasn't quite got the physicality that Tettey has, which Godfrey also does.

N

Number 9

Some good news at last..............Klose does not need surgery.:D
He put a cryptic message out this morning about waking up with good news, but good to have him confirm.
Hopefully be back soon.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Good three points, keeps the pressure on Leeds and Sheffield United.

A bit frustrated with some of our final balls and decision making in the final third in the second half but can't really complain considering our recent form, we looked more composed than we have done in recent weeks and can't say we didn't graft. Stiepermann was superb and Pukki never stopped running.

G

GJP

Thought Tommy Trybull was the best player on the pitch.

Thought Onel Hernandez was not.

hogesar

hogesar

Thought Tommy Trybull was the best player on the pitch.

Thought Onel Hernandez was not.
Trybull really came into the game after his goal and was that split second quicker. Havent seen the stats but reckon that made his interception count on par with his better performances last season.

Pleased to see us not cater to entertaining the crowd and being a little more pragmatic in our second half approach....even if Greg Downs disagrees!

Din

Din

First half performance was superb, second half we did the job and comfortably saw out the win. Great night's work overall and cannot have any complaints about a comfortable win against a team who are just outside the play-offs.

Would probably have Stiepermann as my man of the match, though Trybull and Lewis were also brilliant. Godfrey and Zimmermann also very solid at the back. Thought Buendia was very good as well up until his injury, so let's hope that's not anything serious. Vrancic is a great player to watch as well when he's on it, which he has been since Leitner has been out.

Sheffield United and Leeds next 2 games. 2 huge games. Can't wait to see how we get on. OTBC

Status
Not open for further replies.