By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Bolton Wanderers (home) Saturday 8th December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

On paper, an easy win?

Is Wildschut still there?
Wildschut + one of our keepers, Matthews I think, although I may have remembered the wrong one.
Both of them ineligible to face parent club.
Bolton have struggled to score at all, how many will City score? Pick a number (then double it)

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

I'm guessing that we will see a "Park the bus" strategy from Bolton, but an early goal from us for a change :)

David Evans

David Evans

On paper it should be a win for us but could Bolton park the bus and nick a point or three?

We've been on an incredible run of form, unbeaten in 8 and we have nothing to fear, even losing this game. It not about who or when we lose a match to but how we respond to it.

dj161

dj161

fancy us to get a comfortable win, I'll go for 3-0, but thats reliant on us keeping a clean sheet, which doesn't happen too often, also we seem to need the opposition to score to get us playing, so maybe we should just let them score in the opening minute to get it over with and we can then get on with winning

N

Number 9

fancy us to get a comfortable win, I'll go for 3-0, but thats reliant on us keeping a clean sheet, which doesn't happen too often, also we seem to need the opposition to score to get us playing, so maybe we should just let them score in the opening minute to get it over with and we can then get on with winning
They don't score many, maybe 1 goal occasionally, it's not looking very hopeful for Bolton staying in the division at all to be fair. It's very difficult for s club at the bottom of the League to buy a good goalscorer in January transfer window.

dj161

dj161

just had a look, they've scored 2 goals in there last five away games, both coming in 1-1 draws at Millwall and Rotherham, losing the other three, at the same time they don't concede a huge amount in these, 7 conceded in there last five away games, so average just over a goal a game conceded on the road in recent weeks, most definitely looks like they'l come here to park the bus and get a scrappy draw, we could really do with getting an early goal to open the game up, any chance we can play the second half first :D

Din

Din

Taking the missus away for her birthday so not able to go this one. Was thinking of taking her to this game as her birthday treat but I'll probably just take her next year when we're in the Prem instead.

Bolton haven't been able to pay their players for last month, and considering our contrasting league positions and form you'd think this'd only go one way. So 1-0 Bolton it is. OTBC

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

My missus wouldn't consider a football game a treat mate to be honest, she enjoys Leeds away because of the banter but she's generally bored shitless - lucky you if yours likes footy!

N

Number 9

No Leitner but Hernandez is back.
Leitner with 'calf' injury, he's been in Munich getting married!
Not sure how much fake news is the injury and whether he just negotiated time off for wedding and honeymoon.

morty

morty

Staff member
Leitner with 'calf' injury, he's been in Munich getting married!
Not sure how much fake news is the injury and whether he just negotiated time off for wedding and honeymoon.
I'm pretty sure players wouldn't just be able to take time off like that lol.

N

Number 9

Well he's been in Munich getting married, that's for certain, it's all over his Instagram. Weddings usually take some elements of planning, takes more than 5 minutes.
It's possible that it was booked before he joined us I suppose.

N

Number 9

Well he's been in Munich getting married, that's for certain, it's all over his Instagram. Weddings usually take some elements of planning, takes more than 5 minutes.

To clarify my thoughts-

I love watching Mo play, I want him on the pitch every minute, we're lucky to have him in our team.

He has a lovely wife and most men with a pulse would want to marry her.

I just wish it was sorted during season break rather than mid season. These things usually take months to organise etc, can't help but think the calf injury is a smoke screen.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Got married on Monday though which is a weird day to get married, presumably so he wouldn't have to miss the game on Saturday.

Is a bit of a weird time of the year to get married, especially for a footballer, but you never know the motives etc.... e.g. one of them could have a relative that they really want to be there who they have good reason to think may not be around in the summer, a mate of mine cancelled his big wedding and got married at short notice in front of a dozen people so his father in law could be there. The FIL died three days later.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Wildschut + one of our keepers, Matthews I think, although I may have remembered the wrong one.
Both of them ineligible to face parent club.
Bolton have struggled to score at all, how many will City score? Pick a number (then double it)

Neither of them getting much football anyway, Wildschut had a few shocking games and Bolton fans don't rate him at all.... got dropped for about 6 weeks I think.

After he got dropped by Cardiff for trying to dribble the ball out of their own six yard box during a crucial fixture you have to wonder whether he just isn't quite right in the head to be a successful footballer (or anything other than somebody to come off the bench for 10 minutes)..... just shocking that we apparently paid £7m for him, I thought it was sour grapes when Wigan fans were mocking us for paying that.

No chance Bolton will want him on a permanent in January as per their option to buy and I can't see us extending his contract, so its going to be £7m to £0 in 2.5 years :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.