By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Bournemouth (home) Saturday 18th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Well, in a latest in a series of must wins, this has to be the mustest winningness yet. You feel that if we are going to start a dramatic survival bid, it starts here.

One assumes that Pukki will be back and that we will be giving Duda a shot in the number 10 slot, to see if we can score a few more goals.

To quote the late, great Roy Orbison, it's now or never....

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

It’s already a real long shot, but if we could win then it gives us that little bit of hope. Callum Wilson has had just one shot on target since November, so there’s no chance he’ll score is there ? ;):rolleyes::p

Din

Din

Absolute must-win. Anything less and we're down.

I'd go for:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Hanley Lewis
Amadou Vrancic
Buendia Duda Hernandez
Pukki

Subs: Fahrmann, Godfrey, Byram, Tettey, McLean, Cantwell, Drmic
Feel like Hanley's done enough to keep his place. Would like to see Duda straight in.

Unfortunately feel this is gonna go the same way our last few home games have gone. Play well for a while, take the lead, and then concede at some point in the 2nd half, probably with help from VAR. Glad to be proven wrong though! OTBC

Din

Din

Assuming Vrancic is injured, cos there's no way in hell he should be left out the squad if he's fit.

G

gerryinromania

An easy win made to look difficult. Pukki was still in Finland, Godfrey should have been on the bench, and now he misses 3 games. Duda looked good, he seemed to know what the round thing was for and what colour his team mates wear earing. Good passing and seemed alert to what was happening around him. Good debut

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Really poor game, both teams went out to stop each other from playing and it worked ! Bournemouth definitely lacked any confidence and I thought Billing looked like a championship player.
Decent debut from Duda, looks classy on the ball but a bit lost with regards to what he should be doing when we haven’t got it. We clearly have a better chance of winning matches when Morty is out of the country ;)

G

GJP

No doubt Duda knows how to play. Really good players don't have more touches than they need and that was evident with him. Just a shame he had run out of steam early in the 2nd half.

Byram and Cantwell were very good.

Buendia though... I will never tire of watching him in a Norwich shirt. If him and Pukki are here next season I would be over the moon.

morty

morty

Staff member
Really poor game, both teams went out to stop each other from playing and it worked ! Bournemouth definitely lacked any confidence and I thought Billing looked like a championship player.
Decent debut from Duda, looks classy on the ball but a bit lost with regards to what he should be doing when we haven’t got it. We clearly have a better chance of winning matches when Morty is out of the country ;)
I don't mind taking a hit for the team ;) I won't be at Spurs either!

morty

morty

Staff member
Suddenly, looking at the table, and how many above us failed to win, life doesn't seem so bad. Another win where others don't and a few teams will be starting to feel very nervous indeed, anyone up to Brighton could easily be in trouble.

44.jpg

Course it means nothing unless we keep winning, but baby steps.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

It can be done, but looking at the fixtures I don’t see it happening. I’ll continue to enjoy the games though. The next target is to get above Bournemouth as every place is worth £2m and as we all know, we’re a self funding club short on money ;)

morty

morty

Staff member
It depends Frank, a few results, and a few new faces can transform a side. Yesterday should not be underestimated in terms of strength of character, that game, on the balance of things, probably should have ended a draw. Bournemouth are dropping like a stone, Villa are starting to look shaky. You just never know....

N

Number 9

It depends Frank, a few results, and a few new faces can transform a side. Yesterday should not be underestimated in terms of strength of character, that game, on the balance of things, probably should have ended a draw. Bournemouth are dropping like a stone, Villa are starting to look shaky. You just never know....
I think you do know.
I'm happy to see three points, but honestly, there's no way that was a good performance which deserved a win.
It was woeful much of the time, fortunately, Bournemouth can't score goals at the moment.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Some of the ridiculous defeats we’ve had will bite us on the bum unfortunately. Looking at the fixtures we will need to win our home games ( ignoring Liverpool) and pull out a big result somewhere. Three points at Spurs or Newcastle and I may change my mind but at the moment I think it’s all too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.