By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Brentford (Away) Saturday 6th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gerryinromania

Great confidence booster. Well done the chaps in Yella. Suppose there will be a great wailing and gnashing of the teeth over there

G

GJP

So very happy.

Really happy for DF too. It might be a false dawn but for everything he has done for this club he did not deserve to go out without another win.

But hopefully it won't come to that anyway.

Din

Din

Huuuuuge.

Not a perfect performance by any means but what a massive 3 points. I have to admit after the Leeds game I reluctantly joined the Farke Out camp, I just couldn't see a way we were gonna get a result with Farke's recent formation/player selection. But today he took it back to basics (maybe partly forced by the injuries to Kabak and Hanley) and look what happens! As I said it wasn't but perfect but we looked so much better offensively and just seemed to have a much better balance in general. You can't say either that this team have stopped working for the manager or given up hope, the final half an hour where we were clinging on was a brilliant defensive effort.

Matthias Normann again was excellent, though closely behind him was Brandon Williams. For me it was his, Lees Melou and probably Rashica's best performances of the season. Omobamidele for me has probably become our first choice centre back now, him and Gibson were solid. I was actually really impressed as well with Sargent and Idah when they came on, even though they were both late cameos. I thought they both did such a good job of running the clock down and taking the pressure off us defensively in the last 10 minutes. A couple of brilliant saves by Krul too.

We've still got plenty to improve but this is a brilliant platform to build off of, particularly with a run of 3 games next, Southampton and Wolves at home, Newcastle away, where we're definitely capable of getting a result (Newcastle in particular is already looking big). We're currently 5 points off Watford and Villa, 7 off Brentford, 3 teams in dire form, if we can put a couple of wins together then suddenly out of nowhere we're back in contention. Absolutely crucial we build off of this, either way I'm delighted for Farke. I really hope this can be the start of an amazing turnaround!

Last edited:
Numan

Numan

I thought it was a very gritty away performance, just like the one at Burnley. Most fans would be pleased at the way the team stuck at it but not us ... we have to moan that the win wasn't pretty and that the opposition was crap. I don't get it. Mourinho's teams win many trophies playing that way and he's a genius .... except when he comes up against Kjetil Knutsen. :)

Last edited:
Thomas the Tank Engine

Thomas the Tank Engine

Thought Rashica looked bright in the highlights I saw...

Status
Not open for further replies.