By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Brentford (away) Tuesday 27th October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Barring injuries, I suppose the only real question is that will Mario start?

Idah banned for 3 games, I assume, after being sent off the other day.

morty

morty

Staff member
Daniel Farke can't put a timescale on when Zimmermann will be available. Are we going to regret loaning out the likes of Bushiri and Famewo?

1.jpg

dj161

dj161

Mario in behind Pukki for me, with the option of Hugill to come on around the hour mark if needed

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Xavi
Rupp Skipp
Emi Vrancic Cantwell
Pukki​

N

Number 9

The initial worry I have is Farkes team selection.
Will he start Vrancic? Unlikely, given his comments. This alone could have a negative impact on the starting players psychologically.
Will he play Rupp on the left? Probably, this cuts down the options and restricts the supply going into the box from the left because he rarely touches the ball with his left foot.
Will Pukki be outside the box trying to cross rather than being in the danger area?
Playing them out of position worries me.

morty

morty

Staff member
The initial worry I have is Farkes team selection.
Will he start Vrancic? Unlikely, given his comments. This alone could have a negative impact on the starting players psychologically.
Will he play Rupp on the left? Probably, this cuts down the options and restricts the supply going into the box from the left because he rarely touches the ball with his left foot.
Will Pukki be outside the box trying to cross rather than being in the danger area?
Playing them out of position worries me.
I'm wondering if he will drop Pukki or Hugil tonight, and go with 5 man midfield.

N

Number 9

I'm wondering if he will drop Pukki or Hugil tonight, and go with 5 man midfield.
Farke said he wanted possession to stop them scoring, but I can't see him dropping Pukki, maybe Hugill. He just as likely to drop Emi.

morty

morty

Staff member
Or not, for some reason I thought kick off was 7pm!

Din

Din

Big game this. Gonna be a real early-season test of our promotion candidacy.

Brentford are going to be really up for it, particularly after a poor result against Stoke on Saturday, they'll be wanting to bounce back. We really need to up our performance levels. While it's still very early days, and we have done well overall and put in a couple of good performances, I don't feel like we're near the standards we need to be hitting if we want to challenge at the top of the table. Today would be an ideal time to show that actually we can hit those levels, but I don't know how optimistic I am.

I'd go for:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Xavi
Skipp Rupp
Buendia Cantwell Placheta
Pukki

Subs: McGovern, Tettey, Sorenson, McLean, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Hugill
That's assuming Todd is fit, as obviously there's some doubt about that. Would love to get Mario in, but I don't think Rupp deserves to be dropped, and I'm not sure that Mario's mobile enough to play in the number 10 spot, although I wouldn't be against Farke trying it. I'd actually be tempted to bring Tettey in for Skipp, as while I like Skipp and he has done well overall, Tettey is still probably the better defensive option. I'd like to see Placheta come in so that we actually have a natural wide option. Last few games we've often tried to force our way through the middle, and it makes things very congested. Hugill hasn't really done much last couple of games, so think I'd like to see Pukki moved back up front and have 3 attack-minded midfielders in behind him.

Gonna be a really interesting game. A point wouldn't be a bad result at all, but a win would be a real statement. Unfortunately though I have to say I think we'll lose this one, 2-0 Brentford. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong though!

Din

Din

Yeah let's hope that that side looks as good on the pitch as it does on paper! :D

Din

Din

Gibson to go left back with Sorenson at centre back, or Aarons to swap sides, Rupp and right back and Sorenson in the middle?

Din

Din

Was really impressed with the opening 20/25 minutes. Played some superb football and pressed Brentford really well. Brentford though were slowly finding their way, so it was vital that we didn’t make any silly mistakes or give the ball away sloppily. So what do we go and do? Give the ball away in our own half and get cut open far, far too easily. And then like with Wycombe, as soon as we concede we look like a shadow of the side that started the game so well. So frustrating.

I don’t want to try and scapegoat anyone, but the fact is Hanley not marking Toney lead to their goal. That is the 3rd time in 4 games Hanley has made a mistake that has lead to a goal. The other 2 games we were able to fight back and win the game anyway, at the moment I can’t see that happening here. We really needed to sign another centre back after Godfrey and Klose left. With Zimbo injured that leaves us no choice but to persist with Hanley, even when he keeps making mistakes.

Have to say though, Sorenson looks a really good player. Think he’ll be an asset in centre midfield. Not as a left back though unfortunately.

Really need our top players to step up. Buendia, Cantwell, Vrancic. I know we like doing things the hard way but if we concede a 2nd I can’t see any way we get back into this.

morty

morty

Staff member
Ah well. Win your home games, and don't lose away, that's how you win this league.

Not sure if Vrancic warranted his start, or not...

G

gerryinromania

Didn't see any of the game. Another late goal, a point away at Brentford. What's not to like. Appears that Sorenson had a good debut. Quite a few from the black hole, complaining that our goal was only a deflection, so was lucky. Who gives a toss, any goal that helps win points, are really worthwhile. Some strange creatures about

Status
Not open for further replies.