By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Burnley (away) Saturday 21st September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
I should imagine Farke has worked hard this week bringing everyone back down to earth after Man City, and what better game to do that, than this one!

I don't think any injured players will be back yet, so imaging a fairly unchanged side. Though do wonder if we will see Hanley at CB, so we can play Amadou at DM.

N

Number 9

I should imagine Farke has worked hard this week bringing everyone back down to earth after Man City, and what better game to do that, than this one!

I don't think any injured players will be back yet, so imaging a fairly unchanged side. Though do wonder if we will see Hanley at CB, so we can play Amadou at DM.

We cant play the same game against Burnley as we did Man City, you don't need Burnley being shown down the wings, getting crosses in to the box.

Be interesting to see how Farke adjusts to this different threat.
We know that he is reticent to change things unless its unavoidable.

morty

morty

Staff member
I should imagine that the system will be tweaked, but not much will change, personnel wise, other than the one I mentioned above.

N

Number 9

He'll keep it the same team, obv we've yet to hear of any injuries from his pre match

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I'm hoping cantwell is fit, was on the floor for 5 mins at end of man city game?

morty

morty

Staff member
Just remembered that Roberts will be back, so at least we have one more to choose from!

E

EL PUKI

If there are no returnees from the injury list, I'd like to see the same back four playing. All credit to Hanley but I haven't seen anything from him that would put him ahead the guys that played against ManC.

Hopefully everyone in the squad has learned from the West Ham game that there are no easy games in the league and put in a solid performance.

dj161

dj161

I'm hoping cantwell is fit, was on the floor for 5 mins at end of man city game?
I saw the interview with him post game and they asked about it, and if he was injured, just said he was down through the emotion of it all and exhaustion from what I can remember, so should be fine

morty

morty

Staff member
If there are no returnees from the injury list, I'd like to see the same back four playing. All credit to Hanley but I haven't seen anything from him that would put him ahead the guys that played against ManC.

Hopefully everyone in the squad has learned from the West Ham game that there are no easy games in the league and put in a solid performance.
I think though, the deciding factor there is how fit Tettey is to play another 90 minutes.

dj161

dj161

Patrick Roberts is obviously available again though, and Hanley should be fit enough to start if needed, but I'd be shocked if it isn't the exact same starting 11 that started against Man City, wouldn't be surprised to maybe see Leitner or Vrancic make the bench too

dj161

dj161

from the press conference

Patrick Roberts is available again

Grant Hanley is fit to start

Moritz Leitner will be in the squad

Ralf Fahrmann will miss out with a groin problem

Vrancic is out for tomorrow still, but could be back in team training from next week

so a bit more positive than last week, though last week didn't turn out too bad I suppose ;)

Din

Din

Gonna be a really tough game this. Almost a complete contrast of styles with Burnley being a very physical side who will likely swing high balls into our box numerous times. A draw here would not be a bad result at all though obviously the Manchester City game makes me believe that anything is possible. As long as we put in a good performance and show a dramatic improvement from our last away game against West Ham I won't be too upset.

Same team as last week for me, will be nice to have a couple more options on the bench though with Leitner and Roberts back. Gonna be positive and say we'll win 2-1, Pukki and McLean with the goals. OTBC

dj161

dj161

2-0 down at half time, not been great, though from I've seen we've started to come into it more since going 2 down, gonna need a big second half performance to turn this round, Burnley don't lose many at home, especially from 2 goals up at the break

morty

morty

Staff member
I guess Farke doesn't read this forum and didn't see my suggestion about Hanley at CB.....

Or more likely he is barely fit enough to be risked, I guess.

As for the result, I think Farke needs to get a bit more streetwise, yes we all love "attack attack attack" but maybe sometimes you do need to show a bit more prudence, and perhaps just grind out a point away from home. Not the end of the world, as long as we can keep good form at home, and maybe get a wee bit more luck with injuries, we should be okay.

OldRobert

OldRobert

From the press conference, Hanley was supposed to be fit to start, if that wasn't an out and out German Porky surely he should have started against the likes of Wood. He's more of an old style CF as somebody else said, and I feel Hanley wouldn't have let him score twice from almost exactly the same spot to put us firmly on the back foot. Burnley then gave us a lesson in defending. Imo Amadou was lucky to stay on the pitch after his yellow, there were 2 more tackles where he was more than a bit fortunate that he didn't get a second.................imo.

Last edited:
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Thing is, after beating Man Citeh the players deserved to play in the next match. If you’d have played Hanley who would you have left out ?

Din

Din

Yeah to be fair I think the team who played against Manchester City all deserved to start. Plus it's a no-win situation as if Farke does start Hanley and we still lose the game then fans will be questioning why we changed a winning team. I do agree though for the Palace game we should probably start with Hanley and move Amadou in defensive midfield. Would like to see Leitner alongside him too. Solely judging off Tettey's instagram story it looks as if he may be out for a little while.

Don't think this game was as bad as the West Ham one. As I said before the game it was always going to be a difficult one because Burnley's style of play is the complete contrast of ours. We quite simply just couldn't deal with their robustness and physicality, and to be honest they bullied us for the opening 20 minutes or so. The opening quarter was poor regardless of how well Burnley did their job, we couldn't pass and made a few basic mistakes. We did undoubtedly show improvement after that though, and played some nice stuff at times, and if Leitner's superb effort is just a couple of inches to the right and hits the net rather than the post then it's a different game. Don't get me wrong we didn't deserve to get anything from it, but it wasn't a complete disaster. Onto Palace away!

Status
Not open for further replies.