By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Cardiff City (away) Saturday 30th July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Here we go again!

Elected not to bother going to this, only got home from a long trip yesterday, and don't fancy another one!

Absolutely no idea re team, would like to see big Andy involved, possibly Onel, but biggest area of concern remains midfield. Is that DM we got injured? Any news on the Brazilian? Just reading an article, Smith impressed with Liam Gibbs, and Sinani, so may be a few pointers there.

morty

morty

Staff member
Isaac Hayden, Sam Byram and Ben Gibson will miss Saturday’s game. Tony Springett as well. Gabriel Sara and Kieran Dowell have trained this week, a late decision will be made of those

Good from Smith on culture. He speaks about the importance of evolving it after last season. He feels that is moving in the right direction.

Smith says his door is ‘always open’ to @NorwichCityWFC and they are always welcome to watch training. He speaks very positively about the Lionesses’ and their run to the Euro final

Smith describes pre-season as positive, but admits he feels for the international contingent who have barely had any time to recover.

Smith describes Sara as a ‘bundle of energy’. Shakespeare has already had to remind him to play his natural game after he has shown a keenness to impress. #NCFC boss says he is erring on the side of the caution and probably isn’t prepared to start him at Cardiff.

DS: “Todd has proven in previous seasons what he can do. I believe he’s come through a tough period and we’re enjoying the player who’s training with us now.” “He can play different roles - off the left, the No.10 and the No.8.”

No enquiries for Milot Rashica this summer. Smith is pleased with the condition he has returned in and is pleased with the commitment he has seen from the Kosovan.

Marcelino Nunez’ met with a straight bat. ‘We are interested in plenty of players. We may have to look in areas that others aren’t.’

Smith says #NCFC are walking into the unknown against #CardiffCity tomorrow because of the sheer amount of changes they’ve made this summer. ‘I’m not sure even Steve (Morison) will know what to expect’.

‘In pre-season, I’m everyone’s friend because I don’t have to pick a team. There has been a bit of nervousness this week as the players try to figure out whether they are in it. Real excitement as well.’

DS: “We’ve got a really good analysis department here. They give us the numbers of the opposition.”

Smith feels you come up against a ‘lot more styles’ in the Championship than in the Premier League. That means #NCFC have to multifaceted in their approach or ‘all the golf clubs in your bag’ as Smith puts it.

‘The supporters want to see the players trying hard to win for #NCFC. I can guarantee that. I saw the togetherness in previous years and it was part of why I wanted to come here’.

Thomas the Tank Engine

Thomas the Tank Engine

Hopefully we can get three points tomorrow to distract us from the pictures of Liz Truss in a Norwich City scarf :confused:

G

gerryinromania

Does it matter which side of the political spectrum a supporter/ fan of a club comes from. Just relax and enjoy your team playing football Mr Engine

morty

morty

Staff member
Getting excited now which means we’re getting hammered today :D
I literally have no sense of excitement whatsoever. Missed all pre season while I was away, and really not bought into it all yet. Should remedy itself once I get the first home game done. Have bought tickets for Hull away, but doubt I will do as many away trips this season, every single one is bloody miles away!

N

Number 9

I literally have no sense of excitement whatsoever. Missed all pre season while I was away, and really not bought into it all yet. Should remedy itself once I get the first home game done. Have bought tickets for Hull away, but doubt I will do as many away trips this season, every single one is bloody miles away!
Nobody seems to know what to expect in terms of tactics etc.
Smith has tried different options in most positions and different ways of playing during the end of last season and the preseason games.
He's been quoted as saying that we have to adapt to all the different styles in the league so who knows what will happen.
Isaac Hayden? aside (we obviouslydidn'tlearn the lesson of only having one injury prone defensive midfielder),I'm ambivalent towards the new signings / players we've tried to sign. They seem like replicas of what we already have, lot's of running around yet no end product.
Let's hope I'm proved wrong.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I think Smith will play different formations depending on who we’re playing. We got so used to watching us play one way under Farke that a lot of supporters seem to now want to see one way that’s very clear to see what we’re trying to do. One of the criticisms of Farke was no plan B, I think Smith will go up to plan C if necessary which will keep us all guessing

morty

morty

Staff member
I think Smith will play different formations depending on who we’re playing. We got so used to watching us play one way under Farke that a lot of supporters seem to now want to see one way that’s very clear to see what we’re trying to do. One of the criticisms of Farke was no plan B, I think Smith will go up to plan C if necessary which will keep us all guessing
Which is fair enough. Unless you are way, way better than the opposition, you can't just expect to turn up, play the one way you want to play, and win every time. He alluded to this in the pre match presser.

morty

morty

Staff member
tt.jpg

N

Number 9

Let's hope Cardiff don't attack through the middle or their right.
That lineup came from the Canaries official app.

morty

morty

Staff member
I thought more of a 4-2-3-1. But same thing really.

N

Number 9

It seems lopsided to me, maybe they won't start like that

N

Number 9

Dimi, Todd & McLean can't defend. Josh can't create so Dimi & Todd gonna have to get past him to create anything on the left.
Aarons, Jacob & Milot all going to be holding hands on the right hand edge of Cardiff's box, that's likely to be very congested.
Maybe I've got it all wrong, I'll take three points.

morty

morty

Staff member
For me, this is about as good as we can put out just now, but we need those two new midfielders fit. An engine room of Sorenson and Mclean is not a Championship winning one. We need the old Cantwell to turn up that can create for the goat, and, theoretically, Rashica and Sargent should be amazing in this league.

Bit concerned there really isn't much on that bench that can really change a game, maybe Hugil and Sinani. Maybe...

N

Number 9

For me, this is about as good as we can put out just now, but we need those two new midfielders fit. An engine room of Sorenson and Mclean is not a Championship winning one. We need the old Cantwell to turn up that can create for the goat, and, theoretically, Rashica and Sargent should be amazing in this league.

Bit concerned there really isn't much on that bench that can really change a game, maybe Hugil and Sinani. Maybe...
If you were to use preseason as a guide, it would be Josh & Pukki off for Jordan & Onel.
No idea what Deano has planned

N

Number 9

We'll do well to get nil with that lineup (cue 6-0 win for us & three points)

Status
Not open for further replies.