By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Chelsea (away) Saturday 23rd October. 12:30 kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Early train for me!

Maybe we can be encouraged by Chelsea injuries? I guess you could class a draw there as a decent result?

Can't see the starting lineup changing, would like to see Todd involved if he is fit.

N

Number 9

Early train for me!

Maybe we can be encouraged by Chelsea injuries? I guess you could class a draw there as a decent result?

Can't see the starting lineup changing, would like to see Todd involved if he is fit.

Don't want to be overly negative but realistically a draw would be a huge shock.
Lusaka and Warner, although making good headlines, haven't actually been scoring recently, the goals have been shared around the team.
Also, they've won their games following a Champions League game.
I expect Farke will keep the same team to try to limit the damage.

N

Number 9

No Cantwell in training says David Freezer, although he's not injured.

morty

morty

Staff member
Bit worrying this, been some mixed messages coming out from the club.
How do you mean mixed?

I have seen nothing really mixed. They said it was "personal reasons", he was back in training last week, he looked happy enough in the pictures. He was out at some bar with mates midweek, posting pics on Instagram. And latest I heard he has an Achilles issue?

OldRobert

OldRobert

If he's being difficult, bung him in the U23's, and sell him in Jan if anyone wants him. Simples.

Thomas the Tank Engine

Thomas the Tank Engine

Some are very keen to think the worst of Cantwell even though they have absolutely no idea what's going on. Many agendas against one of our very best players. He deserves more respect.

N

Number 9

How do you mean mixed?

I have seen nothing really mixed. They said it was "personal reasons", he was back in training last week, he looked happy enough in the pictures. He was out at some bar with mates midweek, posting pics on Instagram. And latest I heard he has an Achilles issue?

If he's being difficult, bung him in the U23's, and sell him in Jan if anyone wants him. Simples.

Some are very keen to think the worst of Cantwell even though they have absolutely no idea what's going on. Many agendas against one of our very best players. He deserves more respect.
I don't follow Todd on social media.
I rate him as one of our better players.
Farke has a history of falling out with players and it sometimes gets a bit messy.
In my opinion we need Todd on the pitch.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I said IF, point one, point 2, respect has to be earn't, something the younger generation don't always get.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I don't follow Todd on social media.
I rate him as one of our better players.
Farke has a history of falling out with players and it sometimes gets a bit messy.
In my opinion we need Todd on the pitch.
He is either injured or not in the right mindset. Either way he doesn't seem to want to be on the pitch atm.

N

Number 9

He is either injured or not in the right mindset. Either way he doesn't seem to want to be on the pitch atm.
Last week he was training ok, Farke said he left him out for Dowell because Todd had only been back in training for a short while.

N

Number 9

So today Farke saying he wants Todd to train two weeks without any injuries etc

morty

morty

Staff member
Okay, here's how I see it, based on what we know.

Todd and his girlfriend have split up, Todd thought this was a good reason to miss training, Farke obviously doesn't, saying "Todd isn't 18 any more" ie grow up lad and crack on with your work, seeing it as not a particularly valid reason not to train.

Frankly, I'm with Farke on this one. And Todd is playing for the U23's tonight now, I believe.

morty

morty

Staff member
Todd also, quite rightly, got the arse with someone speculating that he has mental health issues, tweeting the below, but deleting it not long after as people were giving him grief.

Todd.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

Why doesn't he have your respect then?
From what DF has been saying Cantwell has missed a lot of training sessions over quite a long time, without, as DF sees it, valid reasons. That's one big reason why I have little respect for him. If I didn't turn up for work (before I retired) because I didn't feel like it, I wouldn't expect respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.