By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Chelsea (Home) Saturday 24th August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
First game of the season for me as getting on a chopper (ooerr) in about 2 hours to start the long journey home!

Can't envisage many changes after the fine win against the toon, though did I read that Max Aarons was subbed off, limping, late on?

I don't think that we will see any of the injured players back for this one, but would hope to see a few of them feature against Crawley next week.

N

Number 9

Aaron's ok apparently, came off as a precaution.
Enjoy the game, 2-1 I reckon.

dj161

dj161

was definetly Lewis that went off injured, pretty sure it was just an impact injury and he should be fine

Din

Din

Really looking forward to this, and genuinely think we have a great chance of getting a result, judging on how we played against Newcastle and how Chelsea have played in their first 2 games.

Same team as Newcastle for me. Hanley redeemed himself after the horror show on the opening day, and was generally very solid (should've done better for Newcastle's goal, but seeing as he went down with cramp immediately afterwards I'll give him the benefit of the doubt). So even if Klose is fit I'd be happy to stick with with Hanley. Only other possible change is Roberts in for Stepi, who hasn't adapted to the Premier League so far as well as most of the team, but we are only 2 games in and there's no doubting his physicality in the final 3rd is huge for us.

Cannot wait for this game, gonna be an amazing atmosphere and as I said I genuinely believe we can get something. Gonna say 3-2 to us, Pukki, Stepi and Trybull with the goals.

N

Number 9

This is a different game to NUFC. Chelsea have some proper players and will likely finish higher than us by the end of the season.
What's in our favour is that we are playing this game while they are still adjusting to the new manager, playing style and a couple of young players coming in to the first team.
Its likely to be close, Chelsea's games so far have seen them starting very fast, then tailing off as the game progresses.
Defense needs to be switched on right from the start and everyone in the crowd should prepare to dig in for the first half.
I think we can win 2-1 provided we keep our heads during the first half.

morty

morty

Staff member
Not much from the presser really, Klose and Zimmerman making good progress, Klose available this weekend, but really I would expect the same side as last week.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Beaten by a better team on the day imo. I never realised quite how biased Sutton is against us. I had the dubious privilege of having to listen to him as co-commentator on BT Sport. Tbh he spoilt it for me more than the result, moaning and arguing about every VAR decision or whatever that went in our favour, thought Cantwell should of been booked for diving, Godfrey sent off for stamping, the Krul free kick should of been a goal etc.etc.. Think I'll ditch BT Sport, it's free anyway, and latch onto a dodgy stream instead. I'm sorry for his Dad, but he's a plank.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Disappointed but not disheartened. Surprised Roberts didn’t make the bench, will be interesting to see how our reserve side plays at Crawley

morty

morty

Staff member
First game of the season for me, and my over riding impression is that we do not look one bit out of place in this league, we're not here just to make up the numbers, we have the quality to properly compete. Saying it now, we are not going down. One slightly worrying thing was when we wanted to make some subs, and try and change the game, there was nothing on the bench that really excited me, the likes of Vrancic and king Kenny were just really like for like changes. Odd decision to leave Roberts out as he could maybe have been the player to make a bit a bit of a difference. Overall though, Chelsea just a bit better than us, not much though, I had a bet on 2-2 and I don't think that would have been that unkind to either team, Chelsea definitely not at their best.

And who would have called Todd Cantwell settling in so well to this league?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

It’s when he tells Crouchy he wouldn’t have been any good for us :)

dj161

dj161

I watched that yesterday before heading to the ground, was a really good insight into how we do business, telling crouch we'd never of signed him now as he'd just be in the box standing there asking why nobody is crossing it into him, where as Joe Cole would of thrived in this side, also saying how when teams play passing football they get asked what plan b is, yet when teams play hoof ball no one tells them to get it on the deck and knock it around, shows we have a real identity in what we are trying to do on the field and in the transfer market

morty

morty

Staff member
The downside to this is that the cat is out of the bag. I fear losing Webber more than I do Farke, and stuff like this underlining just how instrumental he is in our footballing philosophy, isn't helping!

OldRobert

OldRobert

Up to the club, and us, to take advantage of that philosophy while we have him imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.