By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Derby County (home) Saturday 3rd October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Right, who do we have left that doesn't want a transfer?

The team news could be very telling at to what is just rumour, and who is actually wanting away!

Or maybe it is time for Todd and Emi to come back in from the cold?

OldRobert

OldRobert

You're a betting man Morty on occasions, what do the bookies say. I can't see DF backing down. Cantwell's agent is supposed to be working overtime for a move....................?????

dj161

dj161

this is what Skybet have right now, to sign before Oct 17th

godfrey.PNG
cantw.PNG
emi.PNG
maxa.PNG

Din

Din

Has to be said at half-time, while he’s no Vrancic, Lukas Rupp has been superb. Him and Skipp our best 2 players. Gibson looks composed so far. The front 4 are playing ok but need to settle down and get a rhythm going in this game.

G

gerryinromania

Super stream, Aussie commentator. We had nothing to beat, and we didn't. The Finnish Finisher failed, he was awful, Will Farke have the courage to drop him?

Din

Din

I just can not get my head round why Hugill wasn't bought on until the 85th minute yet again. The last 3 games have been prime examples of what we signed him for, and when he came on today he looked such a threat and nearly scored. It's so infuriating that he's just sitting on the bench the whole game when we need him and then getting next to no time to make an impact. Also when he is bought on we sub Buendia off, our most creative player, when we have two holding midfielders still on the pitch. Why?

Hard to blame Pukki for the penalty miss but it literally sums up our 2020. Like Bournemouth last week, Derby were solid enough defensively but we really should've broken them down and not given them the chance to nick a win due to a set-piece in the last minute. That was their exact game plan but yet again we just did not have the know-how to make the breakthrough, and the best opportunity we do have to take the lead and probably go onto win the game seeing how little quality Derby had on the pitch, nature or God or whoever intervenes and Pukki slips. Performance wasn't near our best today (though I would say it was better than Bournemouth) but you do have to wonder when we're gonna catch a break.

Obviously it's still very early days, and all the uncertainty going around the club really doesn't help. By the time we next play against Rotherham the transfer window will be closed and I can't fucking wait. The last two Championship seasons under Farke we've really kicked on after the first international break and I expect the same here. The manner of our last couple of defeats has been absolutely infuriating, but I think it can be excused because of the uncertainty around the transfer window and also having a lot of players needing to settle in. But if after the international break we're still not picking up points when we come up against the likes of Rotherham, Birmingham and Wycombe (our first 3 games after the break) then questions are really gonna have to be asked.

dj161

dj161

only got to see the second half, played ok without really looking like winning, Derby didn't do much but had the bit of luck we didn't when it matters, class free kick it's got to be said, and Pukki's penalty miss is just one of those things you can't really say or do much about, we need to improve massively if we have any hope of getting a place in the top 6 this season, still plenty of time, but we don't want to be waiting too long before finding some form

N

Number 9

only got to see the second half, played ok without really looking like winning, Derby didn't do much but had the bit of luck we didn't when it matters, class free kick it's got to be said, and Pukki's penalty miss is just one of those things you can't really say or do much about, we need to improve massively if we have any hope of getting a place in the top 6 this season, still plenty of time, but we don't want to be waiting too long before finding some form
Derby defended well?

dj161

dj161

Derby defended well?

seemed like they came with the game plan of get men behind the ball to keep things tight, and then try and nick a goal on the counter, or keep it 0-0 for the majority of the game and steal a winner, there plan worked much better than ours

Hugill looked like a threat when he came on, offered us a different option, just a shame that he only got five minutes or so to do it, had he come on 60-70 minutes in who knows what the outcome would of been

N

Number 9

seemed like they came with the game plan of get men behind the ball to keep things tight, and then try and nick a goal on the counter, or keep it 0-0 for the majority of the game and steal a winner, there plan worked much better than ours

Hugill looked like a threat when he came on, offered us a different option, just a shame that he only got five minutes or so to do it, had he come on 60-70 minutes in who knows what the outcome would of been
Seems like what we expected, Plan A didn't work again.

G

gerryinromania

Really can't see why we paid money for Hugill. He must be getting p'd off sitting on the bench, watching Pukki in front of him, due to what he used to be. That Welsh girl, many moons ago, used to sing Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end

N

Number 9

Really can't see why we paid money for Hugill. He must be getting p'd off sitting on the bench, watching Pukki in front of him, due to what he used to be. That Welsh girl, many moons ago, used to sing Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end
I personally hope that Pukki gets back on it, but I think Farke is wrong to keep playing him when he's out of form. That's last season and this.
Is it really helping Pukki?

N

Number 9

When Hugill arrived, I was concerned that Farke wouldn't change his tactics to play to Hugill's strengths.
Pukki fits Farkes Plan A and so he is first on the team sheet.
Farkes tactics are outdated and can be thwarted by mediocre teams. Why doesn't he change?

OldRobert

OldRobert

So you had a crush on Mary Hopkin? ;)

OldRobert

OldRobert

When Hugill arrived, I was concerned that Farke wouldn't change his tactics to play to Hugill's strengths.
Pukki fits Farkes Plan A and so he is first on the team sheet.
Farkes tactics are outdated and can be thwarted by mediocre teams. Why doesn't he change?
Well he did drop McLean...................

G

gerryinromania

I think quite a lot of us old timers ( hippy nearlys ) did OR. Super memories

N

Number 9

What’s the new modern way of playing now that makes him outdated ?

Clubs play against us by sitting back in numbers then they have big press on a specific trigger move. They attack our fullback positions when our boys have bombed up the pitch.

That's how clubs have adapted to beat our style of football, our tactics.

A couple of occasions we altered tactics last season (with some success) yet mostly, Farke uses the same tactics which have seen us fail to win.

Is it ok to say after every game "we were the better football team but we were unlucky?"

Surely the aim of the game is to do what it takes to win against the particular opponent we face that day. That requires hitting their weaknesses hard, not just playing Farke ball and hoping that the other team are sporting enough to wave us through because we have lots of possession and pretty passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.