By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Dirty Leeds (home) Sunday 31st October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Right then.

Not going to use the phrase "must win". However other phrases such as "Could really do with winning", "Would like to see a bit more effort and application" and "Score some ghouls buh", can be used.

There needs to be a backlash from the Chelsea game, that's a given, so let's hope Farke watched Webber's interview, and go a bit more on the front foot. Win this and we are, depending on other results, 3 points from safety, and very much up with the pack, lose and we will starting to look a bit adrift already, after ten games.

Lots of cries for change of formation / change of personnel, and it feels like if Farke names an unchanged side, the fans will be beaten before they even get to their seats.

Yeah, it's a must win.

N

Number 9

Leeds got some players returning from injuries etc, not sure if they're all ready yet.

Numan

Numan

I remember 2 real stinkers against Leeds on 2 consecutive Saturdays during the 70s ..... game #1 an FA Cup 3rd Round at Carrow Road 1-1 draw ..... terrible match (lost the replay 5-0) ..... game #2 on the following Saturday at Carrow Road, 'must win' Division 1 relegation match, 0-1 defeat ..... another wretched match. Must have been 1973-74 season 'cos we went down to Division 2. Ho hum .....

N

Number 9

I remember 2 real stinkers against Leeds on 2 consecutive Saturdays during the 70s ..... game #1 an FA Cup 3rd Round at Carrow Road 1-1 draw ..... terrible match (lost the replay 5-0) ..... game #2 on the following Saturday at Carrow Road, 'must win' Division 1 relegation match, 0-1 defeat ..... another wretched match. Must have been 1973-74 season 'cos we went down to Division 2. Ho hum .....
Start the weekend as we mean to go on!

morty

morty

Staff member
No new injury issues to report from the press conference. Zimbo has had an ankle operation, out for several weeks. Byram training, but nowhere near after being out for 20 months. Todd Cantwell - "No change". Whatever that means...

N

Number 9

No new injury issues to report from the press conference. Zimbo has had an ankle operation, out for several weeks. Byram training, but nowhere near after being out for 20 months. Todd Cantwell - "No change". Whatever that means...
I read Todd had issues with his back after his run out with the U23's

morty

morty

Staff member
I read Todd had issues with his back after his run out with the U23's
Yeah I read similar, so can only assume that "Nothing has changed" means that when Farke said once Todd trains for a whole week he will be considered for a game, that still stands, and Todd missed a day or two this week. Someone told me they saw something on news and he was training on Thursday. So God knows what is actually going on.

N

Number 9

Yeah I read similar, so can only assume that "Nothing has changed" means that when Farke said once Todd trains for a whole week he will be considered for a game, that still stands, and Todd missed a day or two this week. Someone told me they saw something on news and he was training on Thursday. So God knows what is actually going on.
Bit worrying really, 'back' issues are difficult to prove and open ended in time frame.
We've probably all known people who have 'dodgy backs' when in actual fact they're slackers.
Let's hope Todd's playing again soon we certainly need him.

morty

morty

Staff member
Bit worrying really, 'back' issues are difficult to prove and open ended in time frame.
We've probably all known people who have 'dodgy backs' when in actual fact they're slackers.
Let's hope Todd's playing again soon we certainly need him.
Do we though?

Sure it will be nice to have him as an option, but obviously in a different system to the one we are playing now. I have seen a lot of people shouting for Todd, and also Sorenson, using the rule that any player not currently playing, is immediately the answer to all our problems ;)

N

Number 9

Do we though?

Sure it will be nice to have him as an option, but obviously in a different system to the one we are playing now. I have seen a lot of people shouting for Todd, and also Sorenson, using the rule that any player not currently playing, is immediately the answer to all our problems ;)
I'd have him over McLean or Sargent

morty

morty

Staff member
I'd have him over McLean or Sargent
You're comparing apples and oranges though, all three of those are very different players, for different systems.

But sure, I'd like Todd as an option.

N

Number 9

You're comparing apples and oranges though, all three of those are very different players, for different systems.

But sure, I'd like Todd as an option.
Todd is liable to create or score goals

morty

morty

Staff member
Well I survived the perils of the Norwich beer festival last night, and woke to look at the results, which have been pretty kind to us. Will be funny to send the toon bottom :D

N

Number 9

Well I survived the perils of the Norwich beer festival last night, and woke to look at the results, which have been pretty kind to us. Will be funny to send the toon bottom :D
Have you been practicing your booing?
:D

N

Number 9

But probably not for us the way he's going. He's turning into a sicknote. Good for f*ck all.
I'm not entirely convinced of the truth of the situation I'm afraid.
I expect time will tell us how much of the issues are Todd angling for a move away or Farke falling out with another player.

Numan

Numan

a little bit of perspective perhaps re NCFC's current form given some of today's results ..... a 0-0 draw for NCFC at Burnley looks good compared to Brentford's 3-1 defeat at Turf Moor ..... a 0-0 home draw by NCFC against Brighton looks good alongside Brighton's 2-2 draw at Liverpool ..... and Newcastle get thumped at home 3-0 by Chelsea ..... a win tomorrow and we're off the bottom of the table ..... and finally, super Brentford lose again .... I stick by my prediction that they will be relegation battlers very soon
1f642.png

N

Number 9

a little bit of perspective perhaps re NCFC's current form given some of today's results ..... a 0-0 draw for NCFC at Burnley looks good compared to Brentford's 3-1 defeat at Turf Moor ..... a 0-0 home draw by NCFC against Brighton looks good alongside Brighton's 2-2 draw at Liverpool ..... and Newcastle get thumped at home 3-0 by Chelsea ..... a win tomorrow and we're off the bottom of the table ..... and finally, super Brentford lose again .... I stick by my prediction that they will be relegation battlers very soon
1f642.png
It's probably best not to ignore the injuries and form of those teams we got a point against.
Burnley had been struggling and didn't have all their best players available, they've found form now and Cornet, for instance, is back.
Brighton had many injuries to their fairly light squad when we played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.