By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Huddersfield Town (away) Saturday 12th September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
We all super excited for the new season? I, for one, can hardly contain my excitement :p

Team, no idea. Assume Klose is crocked, and Emi still suspended.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Normally I would be excited and looking forward to an afternoon watching soccer Saturday as the scores come in. I’m going to watch Wroxham v Gorleston in the FA Cup instead. I will check on the scores though ;)

N

Number 9

They're pretty average. We should win. I know this is a tough league and so on and the opening day can be a cagey affair but come on... time to end this sh1tty run.
We don't normally do terribly well in the first game.
It would be a good time to put that straight. If we have a clean sheet, Pukki, Idah & Hugill all score, would be a good start. :D
I reckon we could have the thirteenth in a row!

dj161

dj161

We don't normally do terribly well in the first game.
It would be a good time to put that straight. If we have a clean sheet, Pukki, Idah & Hugill all score, would be a good start. :D
I reckon we could have the thirteenth in a row!

these are our results in the opening game for the past ten seasons

19-20 Lost 4-1 Liverpool - Away
18-19 Draw 2-2 Birimingham - Away
17-18 Draw 1-1 Fulham - Away
16-17 Win 4-1 Blackburn - Away
15-16 Lost 3-1 Palace - Home
14-15 Lost 1-0 Wolves - Away
13-14 Draw 2-2 Everton - Home
12-13 Lost 5-0 Fulham - Away
11-12 Draw 1-1 Wigan - Away
10-11 Lost 3-2 Watford - Home

just one win out of ten, and only three times out of those have we started the league season at home for some reason

personally I'll take a draw and hope for a win

Din

Din

To be honest I’m actually really looking forward to it. New season, fresh optimism. Just disappointing we can’t be there.

Hard to know what our line-up is going to be considering the sheer number of players we have. Can’t help but feel that Webber assumed we would’ve had a few more player sales by now, because particularly in attacking midfield we are so overstocked. Buendia, Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez, Placheta, Sinani, Stiepermann and Martin all competing for 3 spots. Emi and Martin are obviously both out for this one, but even so it’s almost impossible to guess what team we’re gonna put out.

The one I reckon Farke will go for:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Godfrey Xavi
Skipp McLean
Dowell Cantwell Placheta
Pukki

Subs: McGovern, Hanley, Rupp, Vrancic, Onel, Idah, Hugill​

That bench leaves out McCallum, Mumba, Sorenson, Tettey, Sinani and Stiepermann, as well as obviously Emi, Martin and Gibson. I really don’t understand how we can fit everyone in.

As I said, I actually can’t wait for this one. Can’t wait to lose 2-0 :)

N

Number 9

Is Hanley fit?
McLean had a shocker for Scotland, so Farke will definitely put him in there.
I can't see Placheta for Onel?
Bali had a good preseason, seemed alot better than his record would suggest, I'd expect him on bench as minimum.

OldRobert

OldRobert

If McLean had a shocker as you say, he'll play. Rupp is criticised a lot so he'll play as well, wouldn't be surprised to see Hugill in for Pukki as he played well for Iceland. :cool:

N

Number 9

I can’t see Vrancic getting on the bench personally, I think he could be off before the window closes
Farke said that although Vrancic played at 8 versus Luton, he sees him as a 10.
That suggests that Vrancic will have to compete with the other hundred number 10 players which we have accumulated.

G

GJP

I don't really go along with that. Vrancic can play in midfield in this league. I'm not sure he will play much for us anymore but some of the best football we have played in recent memory has come through him.

N

Number 9

I don't really go along with that. Vrancic can play in midfield in this league. I'm not sure he will play much for us anymore but some of the best football we have played in recent memory has come through him.

Just Farkes comments after Luton.
Whether he was just trying to take pressure off Vrancic because it was a crap game, I don't know, but that's what he said.

dj161

dj161

Capture.PNG

Din

Din

Bit scrappy at times but all in all not a bad first half. Could feel us growing into the game at times, hopefully we continue to do that and can find the breakthrough.

Skipp looks a really good player. Impressed with Xavi as well. Dowell hasn’t really settled into the game yet. Godfrey also looks superb, I’ve changed my tune a bit on him at first I thought he was someone we could sell and easily upgrade, but I’d love to see him and Gibson become our main pairing at this level.

Would love to see Placheta on at some point in the 2nd half. Hugill as well if we’re still struggling to find that decisive goal 15/20 minutes from the end.

OldRobert

OldRobert

At last. Clean sheet too. Liked Quintilla's corners, much more effective than anyone else's. I did think today anyway Cantwell was very average, think Dowell will be an asset. Well done City, turned the page, onwards and upwards. :)

Din

Din

Got a stroke of luck, but we were long overdue one :) Huddersfield made it difficult for us, and scrappy at times, but you can't say it wasn't a hard-fought, well-earned victory.

Skipp man of the match for me. What a signing he looks to be. Godfrey, Aarons, Xavi and Hernandez all really good too. I think it may take us a few games to properly find our rhythm and settle on a team, but a win and a clean sheet is a really promising start. Brilliant play by Pukki too for the winning goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.