By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Hull City ( home) Wednesday 13th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Every game is a must win now really, 3 points could be handy considering Leeds are playing Sheff U next weekend, if results go our way we could maybe open a wee gap.

But we need to be playing better than we did against Swansea!

N

Number 9

We could be 2nd by wed with Leeds playing Tues night, so that will be a slightly different dynamic for us, having to play our game in hand to go back to.

Timm Klose's Boat Analogy

Timm Klose's Boat Analogy

I always feel wary of Hull, you never know what to expect from them. We should win but if we have an off-day and their best players are on song a draw wouldn't be a disaster. Would like to see Mo back now in place of Kenneth.

edit: it makes sense now

Last edited:
Din

Din

To be fair Hull's home form is exceptional, 7 wins and 1 draw in 8 games. But their away form at the minute is shocking. Lost their last 4 away games; 3-0 losses against Blackburn and Forest, 5-1 to Brentford, and 2-0 to Derby. So while there's no doubting they're a good team who have the capacity to hurt us, at home this is a game we probably should be winning. Not that a draw would be a terrible result, particularly as it keeps us top of the league.

And yeah it's definitely time to bring Leitner or Vrancic back in for McLean. Vrancic was good in the 10 minutes he was on against Swansea, but then again Leitner hasn't properly played in so long I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, so would like to see him back in the side. Wouldn't also be against Vrancic coming in in the advanced role and giving Stiepermann a rest. Though Stiepermann has such a good connection with Pukki that it would be a risk dropping him. Apart from those potential changes though I'd keep things the same.

Looking forward to another midweek game, and if we can get a win to keep us top then that'd be fantastic. Particularly with Sheffield United and Leeds finally playing each other at the weekend. OTBC

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I know we shouldn’t look too far ahead but if we win the next two we will go into the international break in a very good position

dj161

dj161

unlikely to play any part against Hull, but good to see Louis Thompson is back in action for the u23's tonight, hopefully he can get through it unscathed and try and get himself back in the first team squad before the season is over

N

Number 9

unlikely to play any part against Hull, but good to see Louis Thompson is back in action for the u23's tonight, hopefully he can get through it unscathed and try and get himself back in the first team squad before the season is over
Also heisse playing there tonight

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Not sure, McLean is the one at risk but Farke May go with the team that’s won the last four. I think he’ll start with the same again, he will have a reason for changes whichever way the game is going.

N

Number 9

I'm past trying to guess what team Farke will put out, I'd always play the strongest team possible but Farkes not been doing that.

N

Number 9

Probably building your hopes up to an announcement about running on the pitch after this last weekend.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Not enjoying being a Norwich fan at work at the minute.

dj161

dj161

cant really argue it when we keep on winning

Din

Din

Not surprised but I think Farke will come in for some stick should we drop points for not putting Leitner/Vrancic back in, which I personally would've liked to have seen too. Ultimately though it's his team selections and big decisions that have got us to top of the league so I won't argue. OTBC

Status
Not open for further replies.