By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Leicester City (Home) Friday 28th February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Tricky one for Farke, virtually no one (apart from Krul, as usual) came away from Wolves with much credit.

And, with fans (on Twitter too) we are getting into the realms of "Why dunt he play him, he cuddnt do no worse" so unless there is 4 or 5 changes, some won't be satisfied.

Me, I wouldn't mind seeing Kenny in at 10, as I think Duda has really tailed off, and see Vrancic back in a deep lying role, see if we can control the ball in midfield a bit better. Would not be surprised to see Drimic involved, as I really don't think Pukki is fully fit.

Lets face it, Vardy is going to absolutely skin our defence.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’ve put Vardy into my fantasy team, just in case :)

OldRobert

OldRobert

What's the betting there won't be changes unless there are injuries?

morty

morty

Staff member
Onel and Zimbo not involved in training. Looks like Godfrey will be getting a game again, despite having a bit of a shocker last time out...

morty

morty

Staff member
Oh and just noticed it is the first time James Maddison has been back to Carrow road, pretty sure he'll get a decent reception!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Oh and just noticed it is the first time James Maddison has been back to Carrow road, pretty sure he'll get a decent reception!
I’ll give him a brief clap, but that’s it from me. It’s not that I don’t appreciate what he did for us bit it was a while ago now, personally I wouldn’t want to hear his name being sung ( unless it’s after we’ve beaten them ;) )

morty

morty

Staff member
I’ll give him a brief clap, but that’s it from me. It’s not that I don’t appreciate what he did for us bit it was a while ago now, personally I wouldn’t want to hear his name being sung ( unless it’s after we’ve beaten them ;) )
Oh aye, same. I would be disappointed if anyone booed him though.

dj161

dj161

can't imagine anyone booing him, he had a great season for us, we got a good price and he left on good terms, absolutely no reason to boo him, but I agree no need to be singing for him, maybe as appreciation after the game, but certainly not during it

morty

morty

Staff member
Big jacket definitely required tonight! Pissing down in NR1!

G

gerryinromania

Brilliant result. First game this season that I've not been able to watch on the tellybox or puta. Should have stayed out there another couple of days and watched it whilst enjoying some sipping stuff. Busy waiting to read all the reports. Well done to the Canaries and you Canary people

OldRobert

OldRobert

Me too GIR. Hopefully someone will report it on here. Seen 2 mins on Sky but that's all. Brilliant goal and excellent result. OTBC.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I thought we played well in spells, but not overall. EMI gives us something we don’t get from anyone else, similar to Wes, he wasn’t great at tracking back either but gave us so much going forward. Todd wasn’t quite on his game for me, tried too many flicks and tricks, many of them in the wrong area of the pitch. Hanley has his limitations but I thought he had another good game, as did Godfrey. Still a long way to go, but looking at our home fixtures there is some hope depending on other results today. Was great to be doing ole’s at the end of the game again.

morty

morty

Staff member
Nice meal in Las Iguanas pre game, bit of tapas and some Coronas (your virus doesn't scare me) Post match, several in the Nelson, then "we can have a few back at mine if you want. Before I know it, it is 7:30am and folk are getting taxis home. Gotta celebrate the wins when they come :D

B

Ben

Grant Hanley MOTM for me. He has been class in the last two home games against quality sides. In him, Tettey and Krul, we have three real leaders running down the spine of the pitch

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Nice meal in Las Iguanas pre game, bit of tapas and some Coronas (your virus doesn't scare me) Post match, several in the Nelson, then "we can have a few back at mine if you want. Before I know it, it is 7:30am and folk are getting taxis home. Gotta celebrate the wins when they come :D
Wow, I wouldn’t survive a night like that :)

morty

morty

Staff member
Oh, and football. Not getting away from the fact that Leicester really looked poor, it was a very mature, measured performance. We looked solid, and saw the game out very well, showing some streetwise smarts that have maybe been missing earlier in the season. Pukki really does not look fully fit, and should definitely be rested for the cup game, Drmic looked like he has something to offer. Tettey was Sky man of the match, but for me was Aarons, showing a very mature, assured display.

Almost forgot what it was like to win, and if results go our way today, the great escape is definitely on!

G

GJP

Thought Aarons was very good indeed. Then Buendia, Hanley and Tettey.

Thought Duda brought a little bit more to the party as well than he has been.

morty

morty

Staff member
Completely forgot to mention Emi. Aye, decent, that is exactly the sort of game that Farke was wanting him to play, I guess he has been trying to drill into him that he plays for 90 minutes, not just for the bursts of entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.