By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Man City (away) Sunday 26th July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Hahaha, well, this is going to go one of two ways! And neither will please anyone, lose and eyes are rolled, win and the cry is "Why couldn't we show that much passion in games we needed to win!?". Technically a nothing game for Man City, they can't move any places, but will maybe have one eye on revenge for earlier in the season. I expect an absolute drubbing, but hope they are on the beach and we get a repeat of the below! Assume Buendia and Drmic are suspended?

N

Number 9

Hahaha, well, this is going to go one of two ways! And neither will please anyone, lose and eyes are rolled, win and the cry is "Why couldn't we show that much passion in games we needed to win!?". Technically a nothing game for Man City, they can't move any places, but will maybe have one eye on revenge for earlier in the season. I expect an absolute drubbing, but hope they are on the beach and we get a repeat of the below! Assume Buendia and Drmic are suspended?

Isn't Raheem up for an award if he scores a bucket full against us?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

De Bruyne needs a couple of assists to break the current record. We have the pleasure of watching it all on pick :)

N

Number 9

So we beat Man City earlier this season, but will Farke play the same tactics to go for six points against them?

He set us up narrow to push Man City into the wide areas. We used the long balls a lot to counter the press.

One thing is certain, it won't be the same players in the team.
Some of them aren't even at the club now.

What would you do?
What will Farke do?

N

Number 9

This was the team
2 x not at the club now
1 x long term injury
2 x suspended
The first 5 x subs on the list not here / available.
Screenshot_20200723-190241_Chrome.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
DF squad news: Tettey (knee) and Klose (hamstring) both out. Plus Buendia and Drmic suspended.

Other bits from the presser :-

DF: 'Listen, we have ambitions here. In the mid to long term we want to be an established PL club. That is not just for new signings but the players here already.'

What would you do differently this season if you had your time over? #ncfc DF: 'When you lose a game you want to change everything. But listen, we had a decision to make at the start of this season - to use this season to pay for sins of the past and invest in future.'

DF: 'If I was selfish as a head coach, I would have cried for more quality to add to the squad. But maybe our promotion came 2 or 3 years ahead of schedule. We are a work in progress. We had a young bunch of lads and only 3 older players with PL experience.'

Do you go back to the @SkyBetChamp a better manager/coach? #ncfc DF: 'You have to be greedy to learn every day in this job. The same for a player. If you think you no longer have to learn, you become a dinosaur. I feel I have developed as a person and that continues.'

DF asked if he will play any part in talks to keep players? 'Of course if Stuart knocks on my door then I will be involved. The most difficult talks will be for Stuart. It is not up to me to speak to agents or negotiate. I have to try and get a football result.'

DF on next season: 'Winning has to become a habit again. Not getting used to getting beat. Changing that mentality is one of the big things. A challenging season ahead but one we are looking forward to.'

DF message to the fans: 'We can only thank them for their trust and unity. Of course, we understand the criticism after very poor results or performances. But that also shows how much they care. I don't want them to be happy at losing games any more than I am.'We still feel they are with us in difficult times. A year ago we won the title but we want to pay something back as soon as we can. I want to give them winning football and a good brand of football.'

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The players on the bench are the future, looks exciting

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Next couple of weeks will be interesting, players in and out plus I would expect pre season matches to be announced pretty quickly

G

GJP

My prediction was that we'd lose every game of the restart. But some of it has been worse than I thought it'd be.

OldRobert

OldRobert

For a long time I thought we were only going to go down 0-2. I thought we resisted huge pressure for a ridiculous amount of time quite well. Godfrey for me was immense, Cantwell showed some fight as did Aarons, but for me Hernandez showed why we must keep him. When/if we get back up there's not many of these players would keep us up there imo.

G

GJP

Thought Rupp did quite well.

And there were a couple of moments where I thought Stiepi showed why he should have been involved more than he has been. I don't think we'd have stayed up but I think he could have made a better effort of it if we'd have stuck a bit more with what had worked for us in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.