By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Millwall (Away) Saturday 4th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Well, I certainly enjoyed the game on the tellybox, but you guys that went, must have had a great day, even if someone manages to put their head in the door, it adds to it. What do you do there? turn away and tut, quietly say, Oh my goodness, that poor chap, or do you feel your trouser leg getting damp, as you try not to laugh so hard?
Everyone just stared not believing it was happening, I, and others wrongly assumed the doors would just open, his mates really had to tug hard to open them. Wish I had taken a photo now :D

N

Number 9

Well, I certainly enjoyed the game on the tellybox, but you guys that went, must have had a great day, even if someone manages to put their head in the door, it adds to it. What do you do there? turn away and tut, quietly say, Oh my goodness, that poor chap, or do you feel your trouser leg getting damp, as you try not to laugh so hard?
There's some very worrying bits in there Gerry ;)

N

Number 9

Screenshot_20230306_111808_Twitter.jpg

N

Number 9

I think it was the volume of shots Millwall had V the amount we had.

Screenshot_20230306_122142_Chrome.jpg

Goals come from shots generally, our conversion rate was higher than theirs on the day.
Allowing that many shots at our goal would normally mean we lose the game.

morty

morty

Staff member
Oh aye, I know what exactly it is. But I use my eyes to judge how we did, and the old school system of "Did we win or not" to judge the actual outcome. Basically your post above says "We scored more than then and won the game". :D

N

Number 9

Oh aye, I know what exactly it is. But I use my eyes to judge how we did, and the old school system of "Did we win or not" to judge the actual outcome. Basically your post above says "We scored more than then and won the game". :D
Did you get the sense that they were wasting opportunities?
Apparently it's a very high number of shots against us, what did it feel like to you watching it?

morty

morty

Staff member
Did you get the sense that they were wasting opportunities?
Apparently it's a very high number of shots against us, what did it feel like to you watching it?
Not really, felt fairly even, we obviously gifted them goals with mistakes, but it never felt like the game was out of control. They went to pieces a bit after we went ahead. The term "shot on goal" can be very broad though. I remember Gunn making a few saves, but I wouldn't say more than other games.

And therein lies my point, if you just looked at the stats alone, you would get a very different opinion of the game.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

Great win and a fine performance all round. The cock-up for their 1st goal was the only proper blunder we made all afternoon, and that's not like us at all :).

Ratings:
GUNN 7
AARONS 6
HANLEY 7
GIBSON 8
GIANNOULIS 6
SORENSEN 8
SARA 8
MCLEAN 8
IDAH 6
PUKKI 7
HERNANDEZ 8

N

Number 9

Not really, felt fairly even, we obviously gifted them goals with mistakes, but it never felt like the game was out of control. They went to pieces a bit after we went ahead. The term "shot on goal" can be very broad though. I remember Gunn making a few saves, but I wouldn't say more than other games.

And therein lies my point, if you just looked at the stats alone, you would get a very different opinion of the game.
There was a bit made about Hanley's goal line clearance. I haven't seen it, but heard it and read the reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.