By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Millwall(home) Saturday 10th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Should be a home win, and I see no need, barring injuries aside, to change last weeks team?

Though you have to have it in mind that we are getting noticed by teams now, and the overriding tactic will be "park the bus" so you can see some frustrating home games coming up. That said, I fear no one in this division now.

N

Number 9

It's probably a good game to have, any feelings of overconfidence or complacency will surely be gone after 20mins of Millwall.
That said, easy home win!

morty

morty

Staff member
It's probably a good game to have, any feelings of overconfidence or complacency will surely be gone after 20mins of Millwall.
That said, easy home win!
Aye, I think they have a terrible away record, and also haven't won at Carrow road in 50 years!

G

GJP

Yes, I do think we could be seeing some bus parking but that's what you get when you're at the top. But Mo and Mario can pick the lock.

As for Millwall specifically, they have got 2 or 3 lads who can score a goal at this level. However, I expect our lads to deal with them.

morty

morty

Staff member
Seeing speculation that Marshall (who!?) could be involved, based on the fact he was on loan at Millwall last season. I would have thought a place on the bench at best, as really can't see anyone being dropped to accommodate him.

That said, he would be handy re homegrown numbers.

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

This for me is one of those bench marking games to see how far we have come. The sort of game that perhaps over the last two or three seasons we would have lost after a few good results. This team over the last couple of months does appear to be the real deal and has been taking on situations and passing with flying colours, really want that to happen today big time as that humble pie is ready to be eaten OTBC

morty

morty

Staff member
This for me is one of those bench marking games to see how far we have come. The sort of game that perhaps over the last two or three seasons we would have lost after a few good results. This team over the last couple of months does appear to be the real deal and has been taking on situations and passing with flying colours, really want that to happen today big time as that humble pie is ready to be eaten OTBC
I think, to some respect, every game feels like that for me. I look at most games and think "Yeah, this is exactly the sort of game we usually lose". But they keep proving me wrong, the Sheff Wed game last week being a prime example. Don't get me wrong, I fear no one in this league, but I still have that nag in the back of my head that we still have it in us to have "one of those" games.

morty

morty

Staff member
Untitled.jpg

Din

Din

Wtf even happened to McLean? By the time he comes back at the start of December that'll be about 4 months he's spent on the sidelines.

Rhodes and Cantwell replacing the two youth lads who were on the bench last week would be my only change. It's harsh on the likes of Cantwell and Stiepermann considering they've been playing so well (though I do think Stiepermann has gone off the boil a little bit in his last couple of starts, no doubt though his physicality in that position is a big bonus),but I'd say the team that played against Sheffield Wednesday is probably our strongest XI, only debate being a fully fit Hanley or Zimmermann. At the moment though Zim more than deserves his spot. Our bench is looking so strong as well. Real shame for Trybull that he can't even get on it because of the homegrown rules. Could maybe put him on there today instead of Srbeny now that Rhodes is back? Would be very harsh on Dennis though considering he scored last week.

Also, some stupid comments from Neil Harris in his press conference, saying that we should be where we are in the table because we've spent so much money. Has he not done any research? Take Klose out who we bought in the Prem and our starting XI on Saturday cost around £7m. A fraction of what most of the starting XI's in this league cost.

Anyway, obviously really positive that we can comfortably win this game. It is the sort of game that we would drop points in the past though, so not taking anything for granted. Gonna go 2-0 Norwich, Pukki and Buendia. OTBC

OldRobert

OldRobert

Also, some stupid comments from Neil Harris in his press conference, saying that we should be where we are in the table because we've spent so much money. Has he not done any research? Take Klose out who we bought in the Prem and our starting XI on Saturday cost around £7m. A fraction of what most of the starting XI's in this league cost.

You must remember Din, that Harris can't read so research is out of the window, and counting beyond 7 is also impossible for him, so it will seem that we have spent a fortune as he has no idea what comes after 7.:cool:

OldRobert

OldRobert

Blimey, that was close. Perhaps someone who was there can explain what went 'wrong'! Icing on the cake for me was Harris being booked for complaining right at the end.:D Well done City for never giving up. OTBC.

dj161

dj161

Blimey, that was close. Perhaps someone who was there can explain what went 'wrong'! Icing on the cake for me was Harris being booked for complaining right at the end.:D Well done City for never giving up. OTBC.

I don't even know what to say, deserved the win even if we make hard work of it, I've heard that Zimmers goal that was disallowed for offside was actually on side, and we still can't take a penalty even if we do have a squad full of germans, all I do really know is I've lost my voice, most of the millwall fans were only the to cause trouble, and the scenes at the end were almost identical to those against Derby after Simo's goal, was nuts, oh also WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Bonkers game. We tried to lose it by giving them two goals and missing a pen but somehow still won. As dj161 said, it was very reminiscent of that Derby match.

morty

morty

Staff member
Jesus Christ. I almost died in the lower Barclay it was that chaotic when we equalised for 3-3, and then again for the winner. Absolutely mental, bodies being launched everywhere, seats broken, it was more like a riot than a football game. Fucking loved it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.