By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Preston (away) Wednesday 13th February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
I doubt we'll be seeing Vrancic for a while unfortunately. So the question is, I guess, is Leitner fit yet, or will we maybe see McClean?

dj161

dj161

I'd imagine it'll be Tettey and Trybull at Preston, with maybe McLean to come in for the Bolton game

G

GJP

I think Tettey came on because we weren't really controlling midfield.

I'd also pick him against Preston cos they will kick a bit, especially if Pearson is playing. He's a dirty f*cker.

morty

morty

Staff member
I think Tettey came on because we weren't really controlling midfield.

I'd also pick him against Preston cos they will kick a bit, especially if Pearson is playing. He's a dirty f*cker.

Oh aye, I get why Farke did it, it just felt a bit negative, at home. To be honest, if McClean doesn't get a game, he will be wondering what he has to do to get one.

G

GJP

Maybe but I think it's different when you're top of the league. Players are more accepting. Although he's been missing recently Tettey has been a big player this season. King Kenny will know that. And will know that DF keeps the faith with the lads who get the job done.

dj161

dj161

I just feel that Preston are going to be more of a threat to us than Bolton will, so tighten up the midfield against them with a combination of Tettey and Trybull, and then keep Kenny fresh for Bolton, he's barely played all season so two games in four days might be a bit too much to ask from him right now

morty

morty

Staff member
Vrancic out for 3 weeks, no ligament damage or surgery required. Klose and Leitner will miss the Preston game, Cantwell struggling.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Vrancic out for 3 weeks, no ligament damage or surgery required. Klose and Leitner will miss the Preston game, Cantwell struggling.

Many thanks to the scum for that. Dirty little bastards. May they rot in L1.:mad:

dj161

dj161

West Brom draw 2-2 at home to Forest, a good start to the week that, tomorrow Leeds at home to Swansea and Sheff Utd at home to Boro, so hopefully they can both do us a favour, but more importantly lets make sure we get the three points at Preston

N

Number 9

West Brom draw 2-2 at home to Forest, a good start to the week that, tomorrow Leeds at home to Swansea and Sheff Utd at home to Boro, so hopefully they can both do us a favour, but more importantly lets make sure we get the three points at Preston

Interesting to see Leeds fixtures Feb & March.
Not just the severity of the fixtures but the timing, they play tomorrow then have 10 days to next game then sat, Tues, Friday tough games too. Then rest of March some tough games to play, sheff Utd, Millwall etc.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I would take four points from these two games, I think our lead would stay as it is now. Having said that, a couple of wins would be brilliant and would probably extend the gap to third.

N

Number 9

These two games are winnable obviously but from the point of view of our expectations, they're likely to be battles with us winning narrowly rather than blitzing them with Brazil style passing.
Get back to that when Mo is back I should think.

Din

Din

Tettey in for Vrancic as expected. Would like to see McLean in that role against Bolton on Saturday, obviously dependent on how we get on tonight, but think Tettey is the right choice for this game.

This is gonna be a really tough game. Preston are in superb form and away from home I don't think a point here, which would likely keep us top of the league going into the next game against 2nd bottom on Saturday, would be a bad result. We do have a habit of defying the odds every time I think we have a fixture where we could get unstuck, so I would be very happy to see that continue here.

Really looking forward to this. OTBC!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Bradley Johnson starts for Derby tonight, he couldn’t could he ? :)

Din

Din

To be perfectly honest, that was pathetic. The worst we've played since losing 3-0 to Leeds back in August. Conceding after 1 minute from a routine set-piece, Buendia conceding a clumsy penalty for the 2nd time in 4 games, and missing yet another penalty, that's now 5 out of 6 we've missed. Our lack of ability to defend basic set-pieces or score penalties is something that could really cost us if we end up finishing outside the top 2.

Preston are a very good side in top form, but we are helping them out as much as we can. Need to make a change or two at half-time, get Rhodes and/or McLean on.

If there is one thing we can say, this team never give up and are capable of extraordinary things. I do think this will be a step too far for them though. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

We need to quickly forget this and move on to Saturday, would be surprised if we saw Tettey and Trybull start that one together

Status
Not open for further replies.