By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Reading (Home) Friday 30th December 7:45pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

Obviously you can't play those tactics and get promoted these days or survive in the Premier League.

BUT, the atmosphere was better and the players seemed to have a clear plan to work to. It was less chaotic than recent games, you could see what they were trying to do, even if it wasn't a perfect plan, at least they appeared to have one.

N

Number 9

Am a bit annoyed, we really should have won that, Reading really weren't very good.
You surely will acknowledge that while it was a more enjoyable watch and better atmosphere, being that open as a team is not sustainable when you're hoping for more than mid level Championship.
Generally most teams will be able to score against you if you keep letting them break into your area that easily.

morty

morty

Staff member
You surely will acknowledge that while it was a more enjoyable watch and better atmosphere, being that open as a team is not sustainable when you're hoping for more than mid level Championship.
Generally most teams will be able to score against you if you keep letting them break into your area that easily.
I am generally annoyed at how shit we have become.

Losing to Blackburn and Luton, and a draw at home to a pretty poor Reading side is embarrassing. We are better than this, it's obvious we have the quality to be a lot better than we are, and we just aren't. And I'm not convinced you can blame it all on Dean Smith either.

N

Number 9

I am generally annoyed at how shit we have become.

Losing to Blackburn and Luton, and a draw at home to a pretty poor Reading side is embarrassing. We are better than this, it's obvious we have the quality to be a lot better than we are, and we just aren't. And I'm not convinced you can blame it all on Dean Smith either.
What needs to change?

morty

morty

Staff member
What needs to change?
Basically everything! There are a lot of players out of contract this summer and I think it is time for a huge clearout. There seems to be a malaise about the place after relegation, a lot of fans felt it too a kind of "What's the point of getting promoted, we just get spanked, week in week out, then get relegated anyway".

I think if Attansio decides to get a bit more involved and inject a bit more cash then we may see a change, not necessarily just in net spend on players, but also in a bit of belief that it might just be worth getting promoted.

N

Number 9

The pieces I've read don't suggest that there's any significant money coming from the States in January (obviously he bought 10 million worth of shares so not sure if that's available or just covering a deficit) and obviously we don't really have saleable assets at the moment because so many are out of contract soon and players like Max have been 'below par'.

I still have gut feeling that things might change in a big way at the end of this season, haven't seen that written anywhere but the number of depleting contracts suggest a departure from the norm.

The management situation might give us more clues.

Farke wasn't able to adapt to the Premier League, he had to go.
Deano, who knows what he was trying to do getting the players to sort things out for themselves, it obviously wasn't working.
Maybe we'll be surprised by the standard of manager who comes in, a proper manager who is aware of any proposed plans at the end of this season.

I might be clutching at straws here, but the alternative is that by the summer we won't have players or money.

G

GJP

Idah has a helluva shot on him. I rate the lad very highly.
Yeah, he's got something. It's that all important run of games that we never really seem to get from him.

Looking at that goal, Pukki gave him the chance to score. It's the kind of little cushioned touch you get off a good player who knows what you need.

If it was the other way around, does Pukki get the same touch off Idah? Not sure it's there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.