By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Reading (Home) Wednesday 10th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Back home in the fine City and looking forward to this!

For me, Vrancic in for the banned Emi, and a comfortable City win.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Reading will be better than QPR but we should still win this, 2-0

morty

morty

Staff member
Aye, I was thinking something around two nil.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Pooks will want to show off his award. Vrancic/Leitner will want to show us what we've been missing. Aarons will also want to show us his award. Jamal will want to show the panel he should have been in the Team of the Year...............make that 4-0 minimum.:D

Din

Din

Would love to see Leitner as it's been so long since we've seen him properly, but I think Vrancic does actually provide that little bit more creativity, which with Buendia out we're going to need. So yeah, McLean moved up into attacking midfield and Vrancic slotting in alongside Trybull for me.

Should be a win, but there's never any guarantees, and we haven't won a single game Buendia hasn't played in this season, so I'm nervous. Reading have improved a bit since Jose Gomes came in, and are right in the heat of a relegation battle, so I don't see this being routine. 3 points is all that matters at this stage of the season though, and at home, the way we're playing, we should get that. OTBC :D

F

FleggyBoy

Despite what the league table suggests, at this time of the season clubs fighting relegation usually produce heroic performances in their battle to stay up. However, without Buendia and his creativity, I think it will be a close game but hopefully we will edge it with the backing of the crowd. I'll settle for a 1-0 win right now. OTBC

morty

morty

Staff member
From the presser, no other injury concerns and Daniel knows who is going to replace Buendia, but he isn't telling :p

David Evans

David Evans

From the presser, no other injury concerns and Daniel knows who is going to replace Buendia, but he isn't telling :p

He sounded like he was just going to go with a straight replacement to minimise changes, Cantwell or Vrancic I guess

N

Number 9

He sounded like he was just going to go with a straight replacement to minimise changes, Cantwell or Vrancic I guess
Yep, since Todd came on on Saturday, he'll be most likely to start as the only change.
I don't understand the logic but it's easy to the the pattern of Farkes team selection.

J

James Jackson

Going for an easy 3-1 victory to Norwich! Have you seen the odds you can get for a win?

OldRobert

OldRobert

I don't want to be picky, but you have made 4 posts now, and every one of them has had a link to betseven in them, do you work for them?

Work for 'em, he's practically advertising 'em imo.

dj161

dj161

Cantwell get's the nod, I'm going for a tight and tense 2-1 victory tonight

morty

morty

Staff member
Well that felt like a big old kick right in the bollocks. Still, 6 points clear of second with better GD means Leeds still have to win 3 more games than us. Zimmerman Mom for me tonight, immense. We really missed Emi tonight.

G

GJP

Credit to Reading, not many teams get anything out of us at the moment.

Thought too many players were a bit....ineffective. Cantwell is a decent player but he lacks a bit of the killer instinct and we'd have won that game with Emi, no doubt.

morty

morty

Staff member
Credit to Reading, not many teams get anything out of us at the moment.

Thought too many players were a bit....ineffective. Cantwell is a decent player but he lacks a bit of the killer instinct and we'd have won that game with Emi, no doubt.
Reading came to defend, and like you say, massive credit to them, that point could prove invaluable. But yeah, we needed that player that can ghost past a defence, and Cantwell isn't Emi, it isn't his fault. Heard a few grumbles about the place that he should have been, slightly unfair. He was decent, but maybe ran out of steam a bit, and really was only subbed tactically.

G

GJP

Thought Cantwell should have done better with that one he put over the bar. Lacked a bit of conviction.

However, I also thought Stiepermann was fairly poor. A lovely touch from him for Godfrey's goal but was about the only thing he did and I thought there were times he was indulging in too many touches.

Didn't love Hernandez tonight either. Thought he played sorta... within himself.

Thought McLean and Lewis both worked very very hard indeed but both suffered from getting the final ball wrong too often.

Godfrey should have done better on the opener too but he did make up for it later.

Zimmermann and Trybull both brilliant again.

The lads will be hurt by this and I am confident it'll fire them up again for Sunday.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Imo Cantwell shouldn't have started, we have far better on the bench. He's decent but not class. We have class in Leitner and Vrancic, 'bout the first time DF has been wrong this season. There I've said it.

Din

Din

So, so frustrating. We did so well to battle back and get the lead, and then a horrible sucker-punch right at the end. No need to panic obviously like some supporters are, we're still 6 points clear of 2nd and 7 of 3rd, but it's hard not to feel dejected after that game.

We really missed Buendia today. We were nothing like as creative going forwards, and there were times where we just didn't know what to do, which is so unlike us this season. Not gonna get on our players back because they've been so good all year, but some of them out there looked a shadow of their usual selves, Hernandez being one of them. Another was Stiepermann, who had an absolute shocker, and made a crucial mistake for Reading's first, and should've done more to stop the pass that led to their second. Cantwell did ok, but he's just not Buendia, and while I understand Farke's logic bringing him in, I have to say I think it was the wrong decision. I think Vrancic coming in and McLean moving up would've been better, and I hope that's what he does Sunday. That all said, we should've won the game regardless. Pukki missed a couple of great chances, and at 2-1 up Rhodes has a great chance to make it 3 and just puts his header straight at the 'keeper, who also made a couple of superb saves, particularly the one from Trybull. While though there were some below par performances, there were some great ones as well. Trybull man of the match for me, he was just everywhere, as he always is. Zimbo a close second who was colossal again today, and what a strike from Godfrey for our equaliser.

We showed a fantastic spirit getting back into the game though, and it's such a shame we couldn't see out the lead because the celebrations after Zimmermann's header was one of the best moments in a season already packed with them. Hopefully though this group of players can pick themselves up and go again for another big game on Sunday.

Have to give credit to Reading who executed their game-plan to perfection and were solid defensively. That said, while I get why they went mad after scoring in the 96th minute, there was no need to run over and have 4 or 5 of our players ssh our fans the way they did. Just be happy that you've scored rather than try and wind our fans up, it's not like we'd been giving them abuse all game. So with that in mind I won't be shedding any tears if they went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.