By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Rotherham (Away) Saturday 5th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Can see a few changes for this one, Mcallum and Hayden looked knackered on Wednesday, neither have had much gametime. Dean said in the presser that The Sarge and Giannoulis were back in training, also saw a video from the club showing Johnathon Rowe back on the grass, we really could do with a pacey, wide option like him just now.

I'd like to think we can get something from this.

morty

morty

Staff member
Dean Smith expects Lungi, Omobamidele and Idah to return to training during the World Cup break.

DS on Sargent and Dimi: "Sarge is pain free, he is fit enough to start. Dimi we will have to judge if he’s ready to start. A lot depends if Sam McCallum is fatigued, if not we have Kenny McLean.”

DS: "The only concerns are the ones who have been playing of late with a lack of preparation - Sam McCallum, Isaac Hayden and Sam Byram."

DS reflection on QPR: "Yes, we’d like to prolong good periods. I feel we get a bit loose on the ball when we aren’t ahead in the game. We want to be in control of games.”

DS on upcoming games: "We need at least four points from the next two games, but we want six.”

DS on the league table: "The important thing is we don’t let teams get too far away. A run of games can change things very quickly.”

DS: "We know where the end-line is, the top two, and that's where we want to be. A run of games can change things very quickly."

Dean Smith confirms the players will have a week off after the Middlesbrough game. They will then jet off for some warm weather training.

DS on GK situation: "Tim Krul is a big member of the team and the squad, but I am the one who makes the decisions.”

DS on Rotherham: "It’s a difficult place to go and I see tomorrow being no different. They went to Burnley and almost got a result.”

DS on Rotherham: "They've some momentum after being promoted into the league but we have to go there and show our qualities."

DS on Rotherham: "They've conceded two late goals (at Burnley on Wednesday) and they'll want to see a reaction."

morty

morty

Staff member
On this :-

Dean Smith expects Lungi, Omobamidele and Idah to return to training during the World Cup break.

That will be like having three, pretty useful, new players in January.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

Gunn
Aarons / Hanley / Gibson / McCallum
Dowell / Sara / Gibbs / McLean / Cantwell
Pukki

or

Gunn
Aarons / Hanley / Gibson / McLean
Dowell / Sara / Hayden / Gibbs / Cantwell
Pukki

I think Sarge will be on the bench with Hugill not making the cut.

morty

morty

Staff member
Gunn
Aarons / Hanley / Gibson / McCallum
Dowell / Sara / Gibbs / McLean / Cantwell
Pukki

or

Gunn
Aarons / Hanley / Gibson / McLean
Dowell / Sara / Hayden / Gibbs / Cantwell
Pukki

I think Sarge will be on the bench with Hugill not making the cut.
I would go with option 2 there. I think this week has shown that we play better football with a single striker.

N

Number 9

I would go with option 2 there. I think this week has shown that we play better football with a single striker.
After the break we'll appear to have four strikers, what order would everyone prefer?

Hugill
Idah
Sargent
Pukki

Who would you play?

morty

morty

Staff member
After the break we'll appear to have four strikers, what order would everyone prefer?

Hugill
Idah
Sargent
Pukki

Who would you play?
I suspect that 4 will become 3 in January.

But my order would be

Sargent
Pukki
Idah
Hugill.

N

Number 9

I suspect that 4 will become 3 in January.

But my order would be

Sargent
Pukki
Idah
Hugill.
There's a couple of candidates for loans with Idah being favourite, unless of course you're selling Hugill?

N

Number 9

Gunn - done as well as he could have.
Byram - prefer him to Arrons atm
Mcallum - has done well enough, looks to get forward and cross
Hanley / Gibson not sure if any other cb's are available
Hayden & Gibbs - best combo protecting the defence and pushing things forward
Sara
Nunez
Cantwell
Pukki - he's looked bright without scoring, I'd be swapping him at halftime with Sargent who has taken more of his chances this season.

N

Number 9

Subbs - Sargent on at halftime for Pukki
Ramsey and Onel on for Cantwell and Sara / Nunez whichever one looks more tired.

If the players know that they've got 45 mins then they'll give full beams for that time, hopefully will bring the best out of all those players.

morty

morty

Staff member
FB_IMG_1667656869043.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
Bit of an odd one Cantwell being dropped. Strong side / bench though.

N

Number 9

I agree, it's more than a bit odd.
Is Byram injured? Can't understand why Max is in unless Sam is injured, he's not even on the bench.
Why put Kenny in when Isaac and Gibbs were apparently getting used to working together.
Now Hayden's got to do his work and Kenny's.
Difficult to see any logic in Smith's team and tactics sometimes.
Todd's been one of our best players too.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

Strange team selection. Can't see why Cantwell and Gibbs are not starting. Is it just to get McLean in the team?

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

Bizarre Smith team etc
A gutsy performance today which surprised me ... it was a feisty affair and we usually come off second best in this kind of match ... today, however, we got stuck in and produced some decent football all over the pitch ... McLean justified his selection with a goal, Ramsey got his third goal in three games, Gunn was good in goal, Sara excelled in midfield (apart from one big mistake),the defence was solid, Aarons had his best game for ages and Pukki 'n' Sargent were always a handful for the opposing defence ... a very good day at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.