By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Sheff Wed (Home) Friday 19th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Feels like it can't come soon enough!

Obvious debate is midfield tinkering, yes or no? Add in a pinch of Cantwell hating and it has stirred up quite the debate on Twitter and the Oink'un.

Hooge, though, we could technically be pretty much promoted, if results went our way.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Really difficult game, Weds will have to go for it if they think they’ve still got a chance of the play offs

G

GJP

I don't think Cantwell has been bad but I do think he is the least likely to bring something to the party.

Hernandez has been pretty rubbish the last couple of games but that appears to be what he's about. Unplayable in some games and unable to play in others. Given that he's been a bit crap he could now be on fire against Wednesday.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Tinkering is a must in my book. Must play at least Vrancic, and I'd like to see Leitner start as well. No Cantwell for me, and that's not baiting or McLean, then watch us fly. Monday I hope to goodness DF brings back Emi straightaway, and dooesn't stick him on the bench like he has Vrancic and Leitner.

Reactions: Din
morty

morty

Staff member
Tinkering is a must in my book. Must play at least Vrancic, and I'd like to see Leitner start as well. No Cantwell for me, and that's not baiting or McLean, then watch us fly. Monday I hope to goodness DF brings back Emi straightaway, and dooesn't stick him on the bench like he has Vrancic and Leitner.
I think thats fair. And not necessarily about change for changes sake, but about the manager maybe assessing who is handling the pressure better. Its a pain in the arse, this Buendia ban thing, because the team literally picked itself for so long, and the players knew each other inside out. It could have not come at a worse time.

Din

Din

We definitely need to change things up a bit for this one. I personally would go with

Krul
Aarons Zim Godfrey Lewis
Trybull Leitner
McLean Vrancic Onel
Pukki
Big call to leave Stiepermann out I know, but while he offers us something none of our other attacking midfielders do, he's been awful last couple of games, and hopefully leaving him out will give him the kick up the arse he needs going into the last 3 games when Buendia is back. McLean to move into the Emi position, Vrancic and Leitner to both come in.

Being the late kick off, if Sheffield United do lose we'll know that a win will guarantee us promotion. Not gonna be an easy game by any means though. Either way I'm looking forward to it. OTBC

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Whilst I like Dins line up, defensively I’m not sure if that’s enough, which is probably why Steipermann plays, because of his height.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Krul
Aarons Zim Godfrey Lewis
Trybull Leitner
Pukki Vrancic Onel
Srbeny

Cometh the hour cometh the man, Srbeny to score a few crucial goals like Simeon Jackson did back in 2011.

morty

morty

Staff member
Tom Trybull a major doubt with a knee injury the only issue from the presser, Rhodes unavailable.

It's Daniel Farke's 100th game tomorrow too!

N

Number 9

So he's just gonna swap in Tettey for Trybull then?

I certainly hope not, but we know what he's like regards team selection.

dj161

dj161

I actually think that would be the sensible thing to do, as much as I'd love to see Mo back in, a midfield parternship of him and Kenny doesn't exactly look to strong on the defensive side of things, they can both do a job there but Tetts offers you that bit of security, Sheff Wed will be no pushover as they've only lost two of there last fourteen and they were against Villa and Leeds, though they should just bend over and give us the points to stop Sheff Utd going up

another option is to change shape a bit with Emi still out

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Godfrey Lewis
Tettey
Leitner-----Kenny
Vrancic-----------------------------Onel
Pukki
Subs- McGovern, Klose, Hanley, Steipermann, Srbeny, Cantwell, Passlack

OldRobert

OldRobert

I just know I'm not going to like the selection........................:confused:

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Vrancic would be ineffective out wide I feel... complete lack of pace.

That's why I suggested we just play Pukki out wide, which is where he actually started the season for us.

Can't help but feel Mclean would also be wasted out wide unless he's got a head to aim for.... so I think it just makes sense for Pukki behind Srbeny.

N

Number 9

You know he's not going to do it, it'll be Tettey in for Trybull and Ox on the bench for the box ticking.

dj161

dj161

anyone feel like being seven points clear tonight

N

Number 9

So 6 points from 4 games = CHAMPIONS

if the chasing duo drop any more points from their 3 games then obviously it will lower our target.

Din

Din

I think Tettey has to come in if Trybull is out. The technical side of his game may not be the best but there's no doubting he's very good at breaking up the play. Easy to forget but he was superb in the first half of the season and at the time we all considered him one of our most important players.

Gonna be very interested to see the team for this one. In general I have to say I have a bad feeling about this game. Sheffield Wednesday are a good team and we haven't been great last couple of games. Even so, really looking forward to this :D

dj161

dj161

Cantwell out, Leitner in, I'd assume that means pushing Kenny up, and moving Steips out wide

Status
Not open for further replies.