By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Sheffield Utd ( home) Sunday 8th December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

Another " must get something from". I think we may need a wee tactical tweak, and I would definitely start Emi.
What tactical tweak were you thinking about?
Maybe keeping a clean sheet?
I agree with Emi.

morty

morty

Staff member
What tactical tweak were you thinking about?
Maybe keeping a clean sheet?
I agree with Emi.
I have only read reports but saw questions about Trybull and also questioning if Jamal should come back in. I am not a fan of two DM's at home, but we desperately need to tighten up at the back without comprising our attack.

Wilder is a clever guy and Farke is going to have to be spot on tactically on Sunday.

Will also help if the players all show up in the first half...

OldRobert

OldRobert

Will also help if the players all show up, period, showing some cohesion, and not looking knackered.

dj161

dj161

I'd like to see Leitner come back in and partner Amadou in the centre, we could do with his ability to control a game in a game like this, this is how I'd line up, not that I expect Farke to name this eleven

Krul
Aarons Godfrey Zimmermann Byram
Amadou Lietner
Emi McLean Onel
Pukki​

subs - Fahrmann, Lewis, Vrancic, Steipermann, Cantwell, Srbeny, Roberts

N

Number 9

I'd like to see Leitner come back in and partner Amadou in the centre, we could do with his ability to control a game in a game like this, this is how I'd line up, not that I expect Farke to name this eleven

Krul
Aarons Godfrey Zimmermann Byram
Amadou Lietner
Emi McLean Onel
Pukki​

subs - Fahrmann, Lewis, Vrancic, Steipermann, Cantwell, Srbeny, Roberts
Think Leitner seems to have been sent on his mid season break early

dj161

dj161

thats how it seems, personally feel we need to get either Leitner or Vrancic back into the side though

G

GJP

Played some quality stuff first half. But considering their manager and type of team they are it was entirely predictable they would come out fired up for the 2nd half. They out fought, out muscled us early on and we were done.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Played some quality stuff first half. But considering their manager and type of team they are it was entirely predictable they would come out fired up for the 2nd half. They out fought, out muscled us early on and we were done.
Again...................getting somewhat predictable.

G

gerryinromania

Sorry guys. I was not at game but had a superb stream. How can we play so well for first half and then come out and roll over like puppy dogs? 2nd half, there was no fight and determination, what is going on in the players minds? Very nice having pretty players, but we also nneed a coupleb of nasty bastards, with the old ,I will not give up attitutude. Mr Lambert used to say, you do not give up, you keep going.What the f@@@ is Mr Farke saying? It's ok guys,no problems, turn up tomorrow and we'll all have a nice cup of coffee,and talk about our Christmas plans. Man I am really pissed off

Din

Din

Yeah first half in general was very good. Thought we moved the ball around nicely, which was certainly helped by Vrancic coming back in. We looked solid defensively and deserved our lead. Sheffield United though clearly got a bollocking at half-time, and came out with a point to prove. Realistically if we want to stay up we simply just cannot concede an early 2nd half goal. If we hold them off and deal with the wave of their pressure then we get a result. But, we didn't, and once they equalised they were always going to win. The word predictable is being thrown around a lot about us at the moment, and it's not hard to see why.

One thing I don't understand, last season when we were losing a game or needed a goal we'd chuck Timm Klose up front and play more direct into him. I remember us doing it against Milwall, Bolton and obviously Forest where he basically got the assist for the 96th minute equaliser. So in the last 2 games where we've been 2-1 down late on, and looked completely incapable of doing anything except playing backwards and sideways passes, why have we not just thrown Zimmermann up front and played long balls up towards him like we did last season with Klose? Give Sheffield United a different threat to have to deal with, because what we were doing wasn't working. I could literally copy and paste what I said about the 2nd half against Southampton into this section. Once again we did not show anything like enough urgency, sat fat too deep, and had zero creativity when we did go forwards.

Tettey undoubtedly man of the match. Thought he was the one player who was superb throughout the whole game. Buendia, while getting a bit of stick from our fans at times towards the end for losing the ball or misplaced passes, was actually the only the only player in yellow trying to make something happen, which is why he lost possession a fair bit because he wasn't happy with just playing a 5 yard sideways pass that gets us nowhere. He was trying to push us on and take some risks, and it nearly worked had it not been for a brilliant save from Henderson to deny Cantwell at the end. Was impressed with Vrancic in the first half, was great to have him back, though he did like the rest of the team fade away in the second half. Krul, as fantastic as he's been (so feel bad criticising him),should've saved Sheff Utds 2nd goal, but tbf without him this season I dread to think how many points we'd have on the board.

I simply cannot reiterate enough my hatrid for VAR. Didn't even think the decisions made were neccesarily wrong, it's just the way they're handled is fucking appalling. Not being told what's going on other than 'VAR is checking for a goal' or whatever, and having to sit there for 2 or 3 minutes each time just waiting for a decision that you have no confidence is even correct. The whole red card incident was just a farce.

Next up, Leicester away :) looking forward to that Maddison hat-trick.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Here's one to think about. As has been suggested elsewhere, we should stop playing Godfrey as CB as the number of headed goals we concede is ridiculous. He should be playing DM which is his preferred position. Zimmerman is a proper CB, sorry but Godfrey ain't, he rarely heads the ball which is surely a prerequisite for a CB.

G

GJP

Do agree the balls into the box are an ongoing problem. But don't think he's good enough to play in midfield in the Prem. Probably not top end Champs either.

There's times when he's got the ball at CB and he's not sure what to do with it and that's when the play is in front of him. Put him in the middle I don't think he's got the awareness or skillset for it.

G

GJP

Thought Aarons struggled again yesterday. Think the most eye catching fullback performances this season have come from Byram and he's looking the better defender. Don't think Sheff Utd equalise with that header if he was at RB.

hogesar

hogesar

Thought Aarons struggled again yesterday. Think the most eye catching fullback performances this season have come from Byram and he's looking the better defender. Don't think Sheff Utd equalise with that header if he was at RB.
Yeah, first half we looked good and Vrancic was classy if a little rusty at times in midfield.

We also made the blades look really ordinary by stopping crosses at source and not allowing them to get balls into the box. As soon as they upped the tempo in the second half we fell to pieces. Byram, who like you say has shown to be a better defender, was still poor for both goals in my opinion. But Aarons height is a real weakness against physical sides. Really wish we had more CB's fit as 5 at the back would nullify that slightly.

dj161

dj161

out of the three full backs at the club, Aarons is the weakest defensively, Lewis and Byram are way ahead of him when it comes to those duties, but he is also the most threatening of the three going forward, so it depends on what you want from your full back really, personally I want them to be able to defend first

VAR is an absolute joke, like it was mentioned above it didn't even necessarily give the wrong decisions yesterday and had no bearing on us winning or losing the game, but I've had enough, I've tried to defend it and say it'll take time to adjust to, but for what ever reason the premier league has decided its going to do things differently to every other country that use it and use it well, and just continue to be crap, honestly I'd rather the decisions were given by the ref and were wrong than have to sit through VAR to get it 'right'

N

Number 9

It wasn't var which lost us the game and kept us in the relegation zone.
It's throwing in two goals per game which does that, we knew that before the season started though, didn't we?

G

gerryinromania

number 9. I don' think that the anti var members are just Norwich City supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.