By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Southampton (home) Friday June 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
I know we have been saying "must win" for what seems like a long time now, but I really mean it now! We must be looking to win all our home games from now on in, to give ourselves any kind of chance.

We might even have 3 CB's fit, so I do wonder if Farke will have a tactical tinker, he played second half at Sheff U with a diamond, which could be promising.

Time for Drimic to start I think.

dj161

dj161

absolute must win, we have very little chance of getting out of the bottom three, but if we do it's our home form that is the key, remaining home games all look winnable on paper, and we probably need to win all five of them to have any chance

Southampton
Everton
Brighton
West Ham
Burnley

thats the remaining home fixtures, and still need to probably pick up points on the road too with the Watford game being the key one

morty

morty

Staff member
Could this be our last game we can watch at Carrow road? Things seem to be moving fast now re Corona-virus.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I wouldn't be surprised. I hope it doesn't go to behind closed doors. That's dished out as a punishment, better cancel the whole thing it's fairer.

morty

morty

Staff member
Sounds like the game is still on! I wouldn't bet against it being the last one for a while though...

dj161

dj161

me either, seems like everything across the continent is being postponed now, would be surprised if we have another game for a month

morty

morty

Staff member
me either, seems like everything across the continent is being postponed now, would be surprised if we have another game for a month
Selfishly, a 5 week break would be good. I go back to work in the US next week :D

morty

morty

Staff member
All premier league to go ahead this weekend

and Mikel Arteta has tested positive for Coronavirus
I wonder if they may have a rethink tomorrow? A Man City player also tested positive, and a few Leicester players. The whole Arsenal team is now in isolation. Probably getting to a point to consider giving it up for now.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Don't see how that match anyway can go ahead. Imo we are now at the point of cancelling for at least a month. Situations will arise where players will show symptoms on Sat am, whole team will have to go into isolation, match postponed, supporters halfway between Brighton and Newcastle say, totally ridiculous.

morty

morty

Staff member
Don't see how that match anyway can go ahead. Imo we are now at the point of cancelling for at least a month. Situations will arise where players will show symptoms on Sat am, whole team will have to go into isolation, match postponed, supporters halfway between Brighton and Newcastle say, totally ridiculous.
The Premier league certainly have some big decisions to make at their meeting tomorrow morning. Somebody is going to be pissed off, if they just suspend the league then sides who are looking like getting promoted from the Championship will be butthurt. They can't just finish the league with fixtures not played and relegate the bottom three. So not sure what they can do that is fair to all, a break of a month then potentially disrupts the start of next season.

dj161

dj161

you can add Callum Hudson-Odoi to the list of people who have contracted Coronavirus, so I'd assume thats both Chelsea and Arsenal's games off, I think we're genuinely at the stage now where the FA needs to step in and suspend all football for at least a couple of weeks now

Last edited:
morty

morty

Staff member
Everton players now in isolation.

Aye, this is all getting called off. Seeing things on twitter speculating that league suspended till April.

OldRobert

OldRobert

PL suspended 'til April 3. Can't see there being a miraculous disappearance of coronavirus by then. Imho bye bye season 19/20

morty

morty

Staff member
Question is, where do they go from here? Just scrap this season? Finish it in the summer? There is no outcome here that pleases everyone.

There are clubs that are going to go to the wall without the gate receipts.

OldRobert

OldRobert

The PL have over 1billion in cash just sitting there. Maybe it's time for them to help the lower league clubs who will REALLY need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.