By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Stoke City (home) Saturday 13th February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
After having lost top spot to Brentford last night, which seemed painfully inevitable, given our form over the last few weeks, it is no understatement to say we would like to see a statement of intent on Saturday.

Emi returns, and he'll save the day surely...

B

BetweenTheLines

After having lost top spot to Brentford last night, which seemed painfully inevitable, given our form over the last few weeks, it is no understatement to say we would like to see a statement of intent on Saturday.

Emi returns, and he'll save the day surely...
New poster here. I'm not actually a Norwich City fan, but I love watching u lot play. I try to watch u play whenever ur on Sky, if not I watch ur highlights on YT.

I've just recently written a scout report on Emi Buendía and would like to share it with you Norwich fans, but I'm not sure if there's any rules about "spamming" etc on this forum...am I free to post it?

morty

morty

Staff member
New poster here. I'm not actually a Norwich City fan, but I love watching u lot play. I try to watch u play whenever ur on Sky, if not I watch ur highlights on YT.

I've just recently written a scout report on Emi Buendía and would like to share it with you Norwich fans, but I'm not sure if there's any rules about "spamming" etc on this forum...am I free to post it?
Welcome, and post what you like mate, would be interesting to read.

morty

morty

Staff member
You can't plan to win the title in the Championship'. Farke is happy with where Norwich are, recognises the need for improvements and understands how much of the season there is to play. I'd say that is a realistic appraisal of where #NCFC find themselves.

We need to win 80 points to make sure we finish in the top six, then we will be greedy to get to 90 points to finish in the top two

He makes the difference'. Emi Buendia is back and Daniel Farke is happy

Farke adds Jordan Hugill and Marco Stiepermann's absences as being critical to their attacking struggles as well. Adds that Hernandez, Dowell and others aren't fit enough to start at the moment. So they have had to manage them carefully, He then shares a German saying that says that players need the same amount of time that they were out injured to get back to their best. He feels there is some truth in that statement

Farke is confident that both Jordan Hugill and Marco Stiepermann will return to team training next week

It's clear from this answer that Farke has identified why his side are struggling to score goals. There's a nice line about switching the play better instead of forcing the play through the lines. That's how he feels #NCFC will get their mojo back

Farke now feels that Hernandez, Dowell and Pukki are back to their full fitness and available to contribute in a better way. It's not just that Buendia was missing, it's that his absence came when others weren't prepared

Farke says that either Dimitris Giannoulis or Xavi Quintilla will play as the left-back from now on. Jacob Sorensen will move into a central position if needed

morty

morty

Staff member
33.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
Still not convinced by Vrancic in the No 10 position, but here we are. Up to Dowell to take it off him I guess!

OldRobert

OldRobert

Not that we've seen much of him, but Dowell hasn't done anything to date, to start in my book.

morty

morty

Staff member
Not that we've seen much of him, but Dowell hasn't done anything to date, to start in my book.
No, the position is a problem for us. Stieperman is the answer, he has a telepathic link with Pukki, and lets face it, that is the job of a 10, his only shortcoming is that he doesn't wade in with enough goals himself.

Someone just said to me on Twitter that during our good run Vrancis and Mclean switched about, which is something I haven't picked up on before, but will look out for today.

N

Number 9

No, the position is a problem for us. Stieperman is the answer, he has a telepathic link with Pukki, and lets face it, that is the job of a 10, his only shortcoming is that he doesn't wade in with enough goals himself.

Someone just said to me on Twitter that during our good run Vrancis and Mclean switched about, which is something I haven't picked up on before, but will look out for today.
It seems Steiperman has had his best days and can't replicate that let alone jump up to Premier League level.

OldRobert

OldRobert

I'm not ready to write Stieperman off until he's recovered from this condition he's had. Apparently it's affected his balance, caused nausea and other symptoms, so it's hardly surprising that he's not been able to play to his best. When he's fully fit again, then he should be judged.

Last edited:
morty

morty

Staff member
Well, that was pretty much what we needed, a big statement, and most of all, goals!

Yes you can point to Emi being the catalyst, but it isn't just about him, though good players play better with great players, but Todd was excellent today, he had one of those games where he was all over the pitch, looking for the ball, wanting it. And despite our Greek left backs howler, I thought he was excellent.

G

gerryinromania

Well from tv text out here, seems a good win, with some mistakes. Good to see the attacking force doing it. Looking forwards to the highlights

Din

Din

Emi was just brilliant, but I have to say man of the match for me was probably Cantwell. Both of them were unplayable though. Popped up absolutely everywhere and acted decisively when we needed them to. Credit to Vrancic as well, who I thought did a really nice job of linking everything together and allowing Buendia and Cantwell the space to play in. Lovely assist for the opener as well.

All in all, defensive howlers aside, it was exactly the performance we needed after the last few weeks. Going forwards we were irresistible and to finally thrash someone feels great, particularly against a generally solid and tough to beat side.

Delighted for Pukki to finally get back in amongst the goals. He looked rejuvenated today. Ollie Skipp was also excellent in the middle, as he always is. A special word for Giannoulis though. Yes he made a horrible mistake for the Stoke goal, but I thought it was his best performance yet, and he made up for his error by showing brilliant determination and skill to set up the 3rd. Considering he's only been in the country with his new teammates for about 3 weeks and has been thrown straight in at the deep end I think he's doing really well, and the signs are he's only gonna get better.

Fantastic win, and a really important one too. Now the next 4 games are all against teams in the bottom 6. A real chance to kick on and restore ourselves to the dominant position we were in a few weeks ago, going into the last dozen or so games and a huge game against Brentford at the start of March.

G

gerryinromania

Din. Thanks for your report, always like to read them. How do you watch to make the reports each game ?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Lee Hendry was watching the game for Sky. After the game he said we were the best team in the league which resulted in outrage from the other pundits, “ haven’t you seen Brentford? “. He said Brentford are a very good side but from back to front he felt we were better and would get promoted

Din

Din

Din. Thanks for your report, always like to read them. How do you watch to make the reports each game ?

I have a season ticket so get to watch all the home games and midweek away games for free, and for the other games I usually just pay the tenner to watch on iFollow. I don’t like doing it but not like there’s a lot else to do in lockdown!

G

gerryinromania

Thanks Din, you live in a far different world to us Eastern backwoods hicks. Keep it up please. I get streams for a lot of the games, but find it hard to understand the chinese and Arabic commentaries. When I am reading the tv betting commentaries, then I'm trying to read Romanian, Italian or German. Hard work, but the supply of sipping liquid tends to help :D ;):confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.