By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Swansea (home) Friday 8th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Evans

David Evans

McLean was okay at Millwall, it's harsh to drop him but I think Vrancic or Leitner are just better players at the moment and they'll suit Swansea's game

David Evans

David Evans

A reminder of what happened last time we met courtesy of SwansTV...

N

Number 9

Yes he did well but Kenny is not the player for the position. He can't control the game, it becomes more like a basketball game rather than a professional shut out of a lower ability team.
I'll show you some more stats for the game rather than the individual player.

N

Number 9

This is against Millwall, lower level of the 2nd league, we're hoping to play against the big boys who will blow us away if we we allow them all those opportunities on goal.
If you listen to / read McLean interviews he prefers to play further forward, the Steiperman role if you like.
He does his best, but he can't influence the game like Mo or even Mario.
The adjective used for Leitner is metronomic, he controls possession and calms everyone down. The deeper role with Trybull is where he works best and he's very good at it.

N

Number 9

It reminds me of Maddisons comments about Kenny, when we signed him.
JM said that Kenny kept him out of the team at times, they both play in the same position.
You'd expect the argument to be McLean or Steiperman.

N

Number 9

McLean was okay at Millwall, it's harsh to drop him but I think Vrancic or Leitner are just better players at the moment and they'll suit Swansea's game

Everyone's fit so be interesting if Farke changes it up or sticks to the same team.
Opinion on here seems divided and that's necessarily a bad thing, but the only opinion which matters tomorrow afternoon is Farke's.

Din

Din

I thought McLean was good against Millwall, but yeah we weren't quite able to shut them out like we have been doing in recent weeks. I wouldn't be against seeing Leitner or Vrancic in for McLean, but it would be harsh, and I think Farke will stick with the same team.

Every game now I go into it think this could be a banana skin, but pretty much every time this team prove me wrong. I really hope they can do so again here! This is gonna be a tricky game but there's no doubting if we play our best that we will win the game. OTBC

N

Number 9

Everyone's fit so be interesting if Farke changes it up or sticks to the same team.
Opinion on here seems divided and that's necessarily a bad thing, but the only opinion which matters tomorrow afternoon is Farke's.
Not necessarily

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

This is exactly what I was going to put, so thanks Din...

"Every game now I go into it think this could be a banana skin, but pretty much every time this team prove me wrong. I really hope they can do so again here! This is gonna be a tricky game but there's no doubting if we play our best that we will win the game. OTBC"

To add, when considering the dark place I thought our club was in not so long ago, I am so pleased to have been wrong as what has been achieved so far this season is remarkable!

dj161

dj161

thought we were completely outplayed in the first half and just couldn't get a foothold in the game at all until Buendia stepped up and unleashed a thunderfuck of a shot that was unstoppable, after that it wasn't plain sailing but we always looked like winning the game, certainly wasn't our best performance, nobody stood out as great for us tonight but was a great team effort, keep working as hard as that and we should be able to do it, Swansea really needed someone with more of a cutting edge up front, if they had that they'd of likely been out of sight by half time

Din

Din

Yeah nowhere near our best today, but as long as we keep getting the 3 points I do not care a bit. Credit to Swansea who I thought were one of the best teams we've seen at Carrow Road this season in that first half, and if McBurnie had been fit and they'd had that cutting edge in the final third then it could've been a different story. Fortunately though Swansea weren't able to take advantage of our sloppiness, and once we scored in the second there was no doubt we'd see out the win.

What a strike though from Emi, who was superb in the second half. Aarons, Trybull and Zimmermann also all great. Pukki not at his best, but even so was unlucky with his effort that hit the post. I think the Hull game though will be an ideal time to bring Leitner or Vrancic in for McLean, who wasn't bad today but just doesn't quite have the impact that either of those two do.

The win is all that matters at this stage of the season, and we got that yet again tonight. Pressure is well and truly on Sheffield United and Leeds tomorrow now, where hopefully at least one of them will drop points. OTBC

morty

morty

Staff member
Am on shifts so go to bed early, but just catching up on how salty the Leeds fans are about us not playing well but still winning. I think the pressure is getting to them

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

For me that win truly showed what this team is all about. Swansea were great in that first half, clearly had a plan and it worked, and were I feel the reason why we couldnt raise our game, they just didnt let us. We came through that challenge and dug out a win, with a classy strike, its what good teams do. Agree that a freshen up is probably needed, particularly as its a three games in eight days run. Bristol Ciity not easy today for Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.