By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Watford (Away) Boxing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Just seen that Gibson, Rupp and Quintilla available!

Tough test this, 2-1 to the Nodge.

Reactions: Din
dj161

dj161

wish Watford hadn't changed manager before our game, always seems to be against us that teams get the new manager bounce, hopefully we can go there and pick up at least a point, hopeful for more though and a merry xmas all round

G

gerryinromania

Behind closed doors again, I wonder for how long. Morty, I guess that you are pretty pleased that you took the plunge and was at the last game. I remember you wondering whether to go or not . Craciun Fericite people. To those of you that I've met, I will raise a glass of sipping stuff to you. To those of you that I have not met, I will raise another glass of sipping stuff Happy Christmas

Din

Din

Great news that Quintilla, Rupp and Gibson are all available. As great as it would be to see them all back in the side, I'd probably stick with a winning team for now. It is a bit of an ask to throw Xavi into such a big game after spending so long out, so as nice as it'll be to have a natural left back, I'd stick with Sorenson for this game at least. Same with Gibson. I'd love to see him re-ignite his partnership with Hanley, but Zimbo doesn't deserve to lose his place.

If Watford hadn't of sacked Ivic I would've felt very confident about this, but with the new manager, an unknown quantity coming in you never know. Could well end up being an Alex Neil vs Bournemouth scenario! If we can get a point here I'd be happy with that. 10 points from Blackburn, Cardiff, Reading and Watford, 3 of them away from home, would be a superb return.

dj161

dj161

well thats 90 minutes of my life i'm not getting back, one of the dullest games i've ever seen

G

GJP

Would have been nice if Dowell and Cantwell had contributed something. Bit of that for McLean too.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Until Cantwell learns what consistency means and is, he is worth about 5% of what the Pink morons think he's worth.

Din

Din

Bit of a reality check for us after a fantastic few weeks. The first 40 minutes or so were pretty good, everything after that really was not. Never got going in that 2nd half. Worst display in a long time for a lot of these players (Skipp and Buendia the only ones to come out with any credit).

But we play again in 2 days time, and win that and everything will be forgotten :)

Hoping to see Xavi, Gibson, Rupp and Vrancic come in for Tuesday’s game.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Bit of a reality check for us after a fantastic few weeks. The first 40 minutes or so were pretty good, everything after that really was not. Never got going in that 2nd half. Worst display in a long time for a lot of these players (Skipp and Buendia the only ones to come out with any credit).

But we play again in 2 days time, and win that and everything will be forgotten :)

Hoping to see Xavi, Gibson, Rupp and Vrancic come in for Tuesday’s game.
Agree with this, we didn’t do enough in the final third which is where we were looking for more from Todd and Dowell

Din

Din

Who is dropping out and do you think you'll get all 4 of those?

Mario for Dowell, Rupp for McLean, Gibson for Zimbo and Xavi for Sorenson.

But no, I don't think we'll get all 4. I think Gibson will probably come back in for Zimmermann. His ability to bring the ball out from the back and the fact he's left-footed is a big plus with the way Farke likes to play, not to mention that he's a very good defender and formed a really good partnership with Hanley before his injury.

Rupp and Vrancic I'm not sure if they'll come back in. Even though his best position isn't a number 10 I think the whole team looks a bit better when Mario's in it. Similarly to the Hanley - Gibson combination, we've looked at our best this season when we've had the Rupp - Skipp partnership in midfield, so even though I think generally McLean's done well since he's come back in, I'd be looking to bring Rupp into the side. Xavi I guess it depends how fit he is. Sorenson's done a very good job of filling in, but last night was a prime example of why we need an actual left back in that position, so if Quintilla's fit enough to start then he has to in my opinion

I'm not trying to advocate dropping players after they've had one below par game, and obviously you don't want to be constantly chopping and changing, but we have so much strength in depth and with the games coming thick and fast it makes sense to use it.

Last edited:
Jimmy smith

Jimmy smith

Tight game, done on the break and unlucky not to get a penalty. Probably our toughest game we had left on paper as well.

Take the L, move on and put it right next game, keep doing the things that have worked for us so well this season so far. Hopefully Krul is back next game as well

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Krul won’t be involved until the cup match with Coventry

G

GJP

Mario for Dowell, Rupp for McLean, Gibson for Zimbo and Xavi for Sorenson.

But no, I don't think we'll get all 4. I think Gibson will probably come back in for Zimmermann. His ability to bring the ball out from the back and the fact he's left-footed is a big plus with the way Farke likes to play, not to mention that he's a very good defender and formed a really good partnership with Hanley before his injury.

Rupp and Vrancic I'm not sure if they'll come back in. Even though his best position isn't a number 10 I think the whole team looks a bit better when Mario's in it. Similarly to the Hanley - Gibson combination, we've looked at our best this season when we've had the Rupp - Skipp partnership in midfield, so even though I think generally McLean's done well since he's come back in, I'd be looking to bring Rupp into the side. Xavi I guess it depends how fit he is. Sorenson's done a very good job of filling in, but last night was a prime example of why we need an actual left back in that position, so if Quintilla's fit enough to start then he has to in my opinion

I'm not trying to advocate dropping players after they've had one below par game, and obviously you don't want to be constantly chopping and changing, but we have so much strength in depth and with the games coming thick and fast it makes sense to use it.

I have to agree on all points.

Reactions: Din
Status
Not open for further replies.