By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Watford (Home) Friday 8th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Relegation 6 pointer, if you are to believe the slightly damp panted amongst us. But, to be honest, they are pretty terrible, so if we can't beat these at home, then you have to start asking yourself some pretty stern questions.

All about the injuries again, hoping Amadou is fit so we don't see Tettey in defence again, but I am going to stick my neck out here and call a surprise start for Akin Famewo, so we can shift Amadou forward into DM.

Stieperman had a better performance against Brighton, without being back to his best, but I feel he is the crucial link to getting Pukki back in the goals again.

4-nil City, 2 goals either side of half time.

N

Number 9

Be good to see another young player stepping up, let's hope you're right.
Watford getting some players back from injury too I believe?

morty

morty

Staff member
Mario a possibility but not for 90 minutes.

Zimmerman and Hanley could be back after the international break. Cantwell and Amadou have both recovered. Onel and Trybul both back to full fitness.

Nice to see a presser that isn't doom laden!

OldRobert

OldRobert

You can say that again, as long as Zimm isn't rushed back. I know he's needed but.........

SwindonCanary

SwindonCanary

After this afternoon our position is going to look even worse, as Everton play Southampton !

morty

morty

Staff member
Right then, lets give this a go.

We aren't quite good enough. We have two players in our whole squad who have Prem experience. And however you cut / spin it, we really have been desperately unlucky with injuries. When I saw we were playing Tettey at CB last night, as I was finishing my pre match meal in Zak's I almost said "Sod it" and went home to watch the game on telly, it was a miserable night. To have any kind of chance in this division we need every single player fit, playing to their very best, and we need every young play to hit the ground running. Not much to ask.....

To say we shot ourselves in the foot, early doors is an understatement. But to blame Emi for it is just daft, sure it was a mistake, but there were three players back and covering that just didn't bother doing anything about it.

When you aren't quite good enough, and things aren't going your way you desperately need that first goal, as we just don't have the confidence, and maybe a bit of the ability, to come from behind.

I thought we were alright, but we huffed and puffed and it never really happened. Again. When we swapped to 3 at the back it helped, but it was undone a bit by Drimc getting injured. And Watford happily camped in their own half and let us play poor final ball after poor final ball at them. Ironically we could have done with Emi still on the field at that point.

Again, same as last week, we are just too predictable, too anxious, and too prone to a punishable mistake. I lost count of how many times Watford waited until Jamal foraged upfield then just punted it into the space he had just vacated. We have been worked out, big style, and we need to start doing a few different things. We are too reliant on attacking down the wings, and Stieperman and Kenny although okay, do not bring any effective, attacking intent at this level. Vrancic was a welcome change, and it will be interesting to see if he can bring a different dimension. I would also like to see Leitner player in a deep role, but our current defensive frailties / issues make that risky.

I have actually seen fans wanting Allardyce. That didn't take long.....

Reactions: Din
OldRobert

OldRobert

To say we're not quite good enough, I can't help feeling is being kind, or looking at it with yellow and green tinted specs on. In our defense I don't think we've had one game where we had a full strength side out, but where I thought we'd be strong enough, i.e. midfield, we have been woeful imo, and I'm not seeing improvement as the injured return.

N

Number 9

This quote

His call to retain the same XI who flopped at Brighton looked suspect before kick-off.
Alex Tettey preferred to Ibrahim Amadou - himself a makeshift option - at centre back, questionable. And the continued omission of Patrick Roberts from the 18 continues to baffle given the quest Webber embarked on to bring him here.
One thing is for sure, if results the other side of the international break fail to improve Webber is not a man for sentiment.
He made it clear in a recent radio interview he would be negligent not to have alternatives in mind if this heads south.
Farke knows scrutiny comes with the territory when results turn. He can expect that to intensify from here.

That was Davitt on pinkun, his five things we learned or whatever its called. Talking about Farke being sacked if results dont improve after the international break.

morty

morty

Staff member
Nah, can't see him being sacked, at all this season, to be honest.

Interesting though.

N

Number 9

Nah, can't see him being sacked, at all this season, to be honest.

Interesting though.
Paddy's the top man there now, he wouldn't have written something that strong without reason. Archant don't tend to stick their neck out too far.

morty

morty

Staff member
Paddy's the top man there now, he wouldn't have written something that strong without reason. Archant don't tend to stick their neck out too far.
It is a bit of a recycle of something said by Webber ages ago, probably last time Farke wasn't doing too well. About Webber having a shortlist of potential managers. I don't think it is new news. And Webber, as director of football, will have daily contact with Farke, and will likely know exactly why Amadou didn't play.

I don't think he would hesitate in wielding the axe, but I just think Farke is fairly safe.

N

Number 9

I have made no secret of the fact that I believe Farke has made mistakes and he needs to learn some lessons fast, would agree with you at moment though.

morty

morty

Staff member
I have made no secret of the fact that I believe Farke has made mistakes and he needs to learn some lessons fast, would agree with you at moment though.
It just feels too soon. Literally 12 games ago everything was rosy, we had fan and squad togetherness the likes has never been seen before!

N

Number 9

I agree with you.

However, if you're the boss, customer experience is just one aspect that your manager is measured by.
You would have targets regarding team performance quantified by a range of stats agreed upon.
You would look at his personal development as a coach / trainer / manager etc. How effective is he at improving players and devising strategies / tactics for games.
And you would be ruthless.

morty

morty

Staff member
I agree with you.

However, if you're the boss, customer experience is just one aspect that your manager is measured by.
You would have targets regarding team performance quantified by a range of stats agreed upon.
You would look at his personal development as a coach / trainer / manager etc. How effective is he at improving players and devising strategies / tactics for games.
And you would be ruthless.
Oh I don't disagree with any of that. But I would not underestimate the constrains that Farke was already working under coupled with a frankly ridiculous injury list.

Webber isn't stupid, and has coaching badges himself, he will know what exactly is going on, and why.

Safe till Christmas, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.