By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Watford (Home) Saturday 18th September

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
"Must win" is a big phrase. And of course if we don't win, then its not like we'll certainly be relegated. We could just leave it till later in the season and win the last 13 on the bounce. Sorted.

However...

A big mistake in previous relegations is not winning the games you should be challenging for, not beating teams around us, especially obvious relegation rivals. So perhaps we can categorise Saturday as "Would really like to, and really should" win.

Team? Not a clue. There wasn't a huge deal wrong with Arsenal away, trouble is that Pukki really is feeding off scraps, and it is down to opinion whether it is him being off form, or missing those through balls from Emi.

Our first four games have consisted of playing 4 teams that have won the Premier league. Time to get down to business.

N

Number 9

I don't recall us beating Watford last season at all?

morty

morty

Staff member
I don't recall us beating Watford last season at all?
Nope, we didn't. But we should try really hard to this season :)

I actually have no idea what they have bought, if they have improved or not.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

When Lambert was here ( sorry ;) ) in our first season in the premier we got most of our points from beating both of the other promoted teams home and away. I think Saturday is must win, sounds dramatic but I don’t think a point is enough

morty

morty

Staff member
Will be interesting seeing the presser this afternoon, am seeing a fair bit of opinion that Kabak should come in at CB, though not quite sure who we should be dropping to accommodate him. Also people asking to see Normann at CDM. Not really sure on that, against a team we should be being positive against, at home, I suspect some of this is maybe driven by a smattering of anti Rupp sentiment.

Pukki needs to up his game, or they need to sort out the supply to him, whichever works.

Certainly good that we have genuine options.

morty

morty

Staff member
A bit of clarification on yesterdays Covid checks thing mentioned by the club. So basically it will be the same as every other game. I was told at Arsenal this could happen. Didn't see anyone being checked.

morty

morty

Staff member
Zimmermann is out with the same ankle injury. Placheta still suffering from symptoms of Covid. Giannoulis returns. As does Sargent. Both have been back in full training in the last few days. Farke says Sargent probably won't be fit enough to start.

Sorensen (dead leg) and Lees-Melou (flu) have missed parts of training. But both trained earlier today and available

Farke now moving to defend some of his players after some criticism. Starts with Ben Gibson, who he describes at one of the best CB's he worked with when it comes to build up play. Then he moves to Hanley. Then Rupp - 'I know he is not a fan favourite'.

If you asked every player, he (Rupp) would be the first player on the teamsheet. 'The distance he covers. The repairs he does. He is LR7, not CR7. He does not play 'sexy football'. But we need this type of player. We need support for them.

Now on to Teemu Pukki. 'He is one of the best strikers this club has ever seen. He stayed with us when he had other opportunities because his blood is yellow and green.' Farke doesn't accept the criticism of the Finn

Still going. #ncfc DF: 'If I was to play Bali instead of Max. You might think when the team news comes out, 'That is a cr** decision. But then you must back the player.' Our team needs our supporters. We need it even more against a #watford than #arsenal.'

'We need all these players. Each and every single one. We need this positivity. In the stadium

OldRobert

OldRobert

And we, as supporters, need some bloody points on the board. Don't blame us for anything.:mad:

N

Number 9

A bit of clarification on yesterdays Covid checks thing mentioned by the club. So basically it will be the same as every other game. I was told at Arsenal this could happen. Didn't see anyone being checked.

Voluntary.
It wasn't worded well at all in the first place.

N

Number 9

Zimmermann is out with the same ankle injury. Placheta still suffering from symptoms of Covid. Giannoulis returns. As does Sargent. Both have been back in full training in the last few days. Farke says Sargent probably won't be fit enough to start.

Sorensen (dead leg) and Lees-Melou (flu) have missed parts of training. But both trained earlier today and available

Farke now moving to defend some of his players after some criticism. Starts with Ben Gibson, who he describes at one of the best CB's he worked with when it comes to build up play. Then he moves to Hanley. Then Rupp - 'I know he is not a fan favourite'.

If you asked every player, he (Rupp) would be the first player on the teamsheet. 'The distance he covers. The repairs he does. He is LR7, not CR7. He does not play 'sexy football'. But we need this type of player. We need support for them.

Now on to Teemu Pukki. 'He is one of the best strikers this club has ever seen. He stayed with us when he had other opportunities because his blood is yellow and green.' Farke doesn't accept the criticism of the Finn

Still going. #ncfc DF: 'If I was to play Bali instead of Max. You might think when the team news comes out, 'That is a cr** decision. But then you must back the player.' Our team needs our supporters. We need it even more against a #watford than #arsenal.'

'We need all these players. Each and every single one. We need this positivity. In the stadium
Farke should spend more time considering his tactical approach to the Premier League, then perhaps he wouldn't feel the need to defend his players by suggesting that supporters and the media don't know anything about football.
The League table doesn't lie, we can't be 'unlucky' every game.

morty

morty

Staff member
Farke should spend more time considering his tactical approach to the Premier League, then perhaps he wouldn't feel the need to defend his players by suggesting that supporters and the media don't know anything about football.
The League table doesn't lie, we can't be 'unlucky' every game.
The fact is though that, and everyone should know / see this, not just the manager, is that, man for man, Liverpool, Man City, Leicester (to a lesser extent) and Arsenal have far better players than us. It is a far bigger uphill battle than it was even just a few years ago. So I completely accept his points. Now if we get beaten this afternoon, and he says exactly the same things, then you may have a point.

As I said previously, we have been beaten by four teams that have won the Premier league, it isn't quite time to shit the bed, just yet.

G

gerryinromania

Enjoy the game people. Surely we should look better than that sad game last night. Newc- Leeds. Talent was there, but so disjointed

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I can’t get to the game now, got the new pants on so guaranteed home win

OldRobert

OldRobert

1631971037808.png

Status
Not open for further replies.