By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs West Brom (away) Saturday 12th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Good chance McClean should start?

I saw Jamal was back in training, good news. Does Hanley have a one game ban?

N

Number 9

Good chance McClean should start?

I saw Jamal was back in training, good news. Does Hanley have a one game ban?
Yeah, I believe it was one game.
Did West Brom lose their loan players in the end, there was talk of some going back to parent club.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Harvey Barnes is still there. I’m not expecting anything from this, I think they’ll muller us for the first 20 minutes and we won’t be able to get back into the game

N

Number 9

Do they still try and score loads but leave themselves open at the back?

Din

Din

I actually think we could get a result here. West Brom's front 3 is unreal, but apart from them their team consists of mainly of old, past-it players who have had their day and are now only slightly above average Championship players, like Morrison, Barry, Brunt, Gibbs, Robson-Kanu, Livemore etc. Only exception is Wes, who will always be the best player in the world. I really hope he doesn't have to play against us, or even worse, create a goal or something.

Buendia and Leitner still out, Stiepermann will miss out too. Lewis and Tettey will be fine though. Hanley obviously suspended.

Team I'd go for:

Krul
Aarons Zimmermann Klose Lewis
Trybull Tettey
Hernandez Vrancic Cantwell
Pukki

Subs: Matthews, Passlack, Godfrey, McLean, Marshall, Srbeny, Rhodes
Absolutely huge game. As said above, just do not lose under any circumstances. If we can get a win what a result it would be. OTBC

Last edited:
Din

Din

Brilliant news :D

Also brilliant, Buendia is available for selection tomorrow. As are Tettey, Lewis and Thompson. Only frustration is that Klose may be a doubt.

N

Number 9

I see Carlton Morris is back training, be good to see him on grass soon, u23 game I suppose.

OldRobert

OldRobert

That was a damn good point won imo. Sounds as though we didn't play that well, and with all the injuries we have, I say very well done to the team. OTBC.

G

gerryinromania

Had a very good stream, some how it was an I follow from West Africa with ex WBA player commentary. We were slow out of the blocks and did well to get to half time,losing by only one.Second half much better..Pukki should have scored, but he didn't, a nice goal from Rhodes, set up by Maclean. Krul pulled off some super saves. We missed Stiepermann and missing Lietner. The lads played to the end, and got a point against a very good side. Well done to all. City support, superb

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Seeing Onel Hernandez turn his back on the cross for that first West Brom goal is a bit irritating to be honest and I hope he gets a word in his ear about that. I don't understand this modern trend for turning your back to stuff.... what's the worse that can actually happen if you get the ball in your face? A mild concussion or a fractured nose at absolutely worst case.

Not saying it would have changed the outcome but I thought it was pretty standard that you should keep your eye on the ball, when Hernandez turned his back the West Brom player could have been selling him a dummy and cut back in on his other foot, or sold him a dummy and contined his run.

Not like the West Brom player even hit the ball with any pace. Sort of understandable on the edge of your box in a wall when your 10 yards away from somebody striking a dead ball.... although even that is a bit annoying when by comparison you've got Zimmermann who tackles with his fucking head when necessary.

Still.... on the wimp scale he's nowhere near the Murphy twins, Jacob in particular, was always irritated by their lack of bollocks!

Din

Din

It wasn't a great performance by any means, particularly the first half, but a point away from home is not a bad result at all, and seeing as this was a must-not-lose game we did the job by getting a point. Great to have Lewis and Buendia back as well, and hopefully within a couple of weeks they'll be fully up to speed. Fantastic the impact the subs made as well. McLean really could be like a new signing as well.

2 home games on the bounce now, albeit tough ones. We may now be outside the top 2 but I still think we're looking in good shape overall. Bring it on :D

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

That was a great assist by McLean, knew exactly where he wanted to put it without thinking and just plonked iit there. Reckon he's going to be a decent option in our squad. Not sure about whether he'll be a regular starter though, depends what sort of engine / stamina he's got I guess.... presumably won't be at 100% yet in that respect anyway. The attacking midfielders have to cover a hell of a lot of ground in Farkeball.

Status
Not open for further replies.