By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Wigan (Away) Sunday 14th April

morty

morty

Staff member
May as well get this rolling seeing as Farke has had his pre game press conference already! No new injury concerns to report!

Thanks to Sky scheduling I shall be getting up before the sparrows on Sunday morning, coaches leave Carrow road at 5am o_O

N

Number 9

I haven't seen any presser yet, what do you think the starting 11 will be?

morty

morty

Staff member
He praised Cantwell, so makes you wonder if he'll go same again. Personally I'd rather see King Kenny pushed up to number 10 and play Vrancic beside Super Tommy.

OldRobert

OldRobert

He praised Cantwell, so makes you wonder if he'll go same again. Personally I'd rather see King Kenny pushed up to number 10 and play Vrancic beside Super Tommy.
So would I. I was reminded that Cantwell had a rough time against Wigan down here. I believe in playing our best players if available. Emi isn't, others are.

dj161

dj161

we haven't made changes while we were on a winning run, but now we're not, is this the time Farke will make some changes to the starting lineup, I personally doubt it, but he has an excuse to now, this is how I'd lineup

Pukki

Steipermann McLean Hernandez

Trybull Leitner

Lewis Godfrey Zimmermann Aarons

Krul​

McGovern, Hanley, Klose, Vrancic, Cantwell, Rhodes, Srbeny

tough on Cantwell and Vrancic not to start but we all know Mo is our best centre mid and I don't think he's touched the ball since xmas

OldRobert

OldRobert

we all know Mo is our best centre mid and I don't think he's touched the ball since xmas
I also think we could easily lose Mo if we don't start to play him. Do we want that?

dj161

dj161

I also think we could easily lose Mo if we don't start to play him. Do we want that?
absolutely not, I've been contemplating that myself, from things I've heard he's becoming quite frustrated, and I can't say I blame him, but at the same time you have to commend Farke for sticking with a winning side, most managers are only too happy to switch things up even if you've just won 6-0

G

GJP

tough on Cantwell and Vrancic not to start but we all know Mo is our best centre mid and I don't think he's touched the ball since xmas
Is he?

Vrancic is a quality passer, is better at winning the ball and does more damage going forward.

N

Number 9

absolutely not, I've been contemplating that myself, from things I've heard he's becoming quite frustrated, and I can't say I blame him, but at the same time you have to commend Farke for sticking with a winning side, most managers are only too happy to switch things up even if you've just won 6-0
Sticking with a winning side is not enough when we've been hanging on in games and far better players are on the bench.

N

Number 9

Is he?

Vrancic is a quality passer, is better at winning the ball and does more damage going forward.
Vrancic is different to Mo, completely different game.

Vrancic is midway between Mo and Steiperman in position if you like.

Kenny wants to play where Steiperman plays.

Mo sits beside Trybull or Tettey and has the ability to control the game, possession with world class passes through defense, dictating the pace of the game etc

He must sit on the bench watching, the game going from end to end with no control, and wonder whether he put salt in the gaffers tea by mistake.

N

Number 9

Is he?

Daniel Farke called Mo, and I quote, "the best midfielder in the division"

N

Number 9

Kinda difficult to criticise though, when you have taken 25 points out of the last 27.
Were top of the League, about to win promotion & soon to be crowned Champions.

But, this team selection recently has not helped us learn how to survive the Premier League.

Its been good, how long since we have enjoyed this success, but the tactics and game management will get us dumped out of the big boys league pretty sharpish.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

If Mo is saying play me or I’ll leave then he’s the wrong sort of character to have in the squad, he should be able to see the big picture and be looking to impress in the prem next season

morty

morty

Staff member
Were top of the League, about to win promotion & soon to be crowned Champions.

But, this team selection recently has not helped us learn how to survive the Premier League.

Its been good, how long since we have enjoyed this success, but the tactics and game management will get us dumped out of the big boys league pretty sharpish.
I suspect we'll worry about that when it happens / over the summer. Lets not get ahead of ourselves, I'm sure Farke has it all under control.

N

Number 9

I suspect we'll worry about that when it happens / over the summer. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Fair comments but,
If Farke and Webber were not thinking about that you would say they were incompetent.

So this is what's happening in my head....

Farke has to be thinking about the Premier League line up, surely his choices now are informed by that process, but I can't see it in his team selection.

I'm not privy to any conversation with players, coaches or directors of football etc so I'm just calling it as I see it.

morty

morty

Staff member
Fair comments but,
If Farke and Webber were not thinking about that you would say they were incompetent.

So this is what's happening in my head....

Farke has to be thinking about the Premier League line up, surely his choices now are informed by that process, but I can't see it in his team selection.

I'm not privy to any conversation with players, coaches or directors of football etc so I'm just calling it as I see it.
No I do see what you're saying, I would assume Farke has a mental list of who is going to be in the team next season, and who needs to be upgraded. So I'm not so sure he is thinking that far ahead. How we set up in the Premiership I suspect will be quite different, and probably not suited to the league we are in now.

Din

Din

I'm one of the 5000 who will be waking up at 5am for this one :D At £7.50 I couldn't turn it down, even if it is a long trip and Sky decided to screw us over again.

On the Vrancic/Leitner debate, they're very similar quality players, and I wouldn't be upset to see either of them start Sunday. My preference though would probably be Vrancic to drop in alongside Trybull, with McLean moving into the advanced position. I think Vrancic provides that little bit more creativity than Leitner, hence why he has 7 goals 5 assists, and Leitner has 2 goals 2 assists this season. Not saying Mario is better than Mo in general, they're just different sort of players. So yeah, hopefully Vrancic being in the side can go someway to making up for Emi missing.

It's harsh on Cantwell to be dropped, because he didn't really do anything wrong, but he was asked to essentially replace what Buendia does for this team which he just can't do (which isn't his fault, just a reflection on how good Emi is). But seeing as we can't replace Emi with a like for like, Farke should change things up slightly. Have to say I'll be a bit disappointed if Vrancic/Leitner don't start this game.

This feels huge after the dropped points against Reading, especially as Leeds and Sheffield United will likely narrow the gap on Saturday (Sheffield United definitely will as they have Millwall at home). With 5000 fans it's gonna feel like a home game, and hopefully the players will respond to that. Can't wait! OTBC

OldRobert

OldRobert

Kinda difficult to criticise though, when you have taken 25 points out of the last 27.
25 points with Emi I agree, but why leave some of our best players on the bench when we are forced to leave him out. If DF thinks Mo is the best midfielder in the division, what the hell is he doing on the bench? Cantwell seems a shoe-in for Emi, yet has little creativity which surely a manager would be trying to replace. There seems to be almost a fixed order of players coming in if someone is banned or injured in midfield which mustn't be altered. God knows where Vrancic and/or Leitner stand in that.