By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Wolves (Home) Saturday 27th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Looking forward to this, going to be a tough one, Wolves are in very good form indeed, so we'll really see what we are made of. A full weeks training will have given Dean a bit more time to instil what he wants from players. Am seeing snippets in the press about how we need to be tougher and not so much of a pushover.

Team? Probably not too different from last week, minus Cantwell hopefully.

N

Number 9

It's looking a tough game on paper, they best West Ham last week.

It'll be interesting to see what the team & tactics look like after ten days with Smith & Shakey coaching. I can't imagine we'll see a first half like last week.
I'd like to see Cantwell again, needs game time to reach match fitness.
He's one of our best players and one of our most creative, he needs to be on the pitch.
Anyone who blames the dreadful first half last week on him must have missed the change in tactics that happened at half time.
It wasn't a simple case of Todd off & Josh on.

Hoping Deano will work his magic, 1-1

N

Number 9

Nah, Todd was shite.
Can you think of any reasons why a player might not be at his best when he plays his first game in months in a game where the team is getting pummelled?

morty

morty

Staff member
Can you think of any reasons why a player might not be at his best when he plays his first game in months in a game where the team is getting pummelled?
Already covered it. I can take rustiness, lack of match fitness, or the whole team not playing well. But Todd looked absolutely disinterested. This was his chance to prove doubting fans wrong, and show the new manager why he should be in the team. Now if Dean had planned to just give him 45 minutes, he would have told him, he would have said "Go out there lad and run your arse off, as I'm hooking you at half time". Didn't look like that to me...

I call it as I see it, I have no irrational grudge or issue with Todd, I desperately want him to do well, but he really doesn't do himself any favours.

D

DaveJ

I’m a Black Country villan so I detest the Dingles with a passion.
This is my local derby and has been since I grew up in school surrounded by Dingles.
Most Villans look out for Blues/Albion as our main rivals - but not me.
I am hoping you smash them, not only to keep your momentum going, but trust me, these Dingles don’t half get ahead of themselves after winning a few games

morty

morty

Staff member
#ncfc DS squad update: 'Dowell started training on Thurs. Available. Everyone bar Zimbo fully fit. Byram to play more mins for 23s on Mon.'

The plan is for Sam Byram to increase his minutes with the 23s on Monday. The hope is to get him 60 minutes. Smith will be led by his medical team but reiterates how good a player Byram is.

DS: There’s a growing belief in the group after back-to-back wins. Wolves are in good form, it will be a tough game for us. We're at home again and if the second half atmosphere last Saturday is anything to go by, Carrow Road will be a tough place to come.

DS: It’s a very welcoming place for myself and Craig, from board level all the way throughout the club. It’s been a really nice start to what I hope will be a long career here.

#WWFC a 'very good team' and Smith praises Bruno Lage for not losing his beliefs despite a difficult start to the season.

DS: I wanted to know there was stability at the club before coming here. I’m looking forward to enhancing the relationship I’ve got with Stuart already.

Keinan Davis links... DS: "I have 23 players I am working with at Norwich. I am not thinking about other players."

'I think it showed the mentality of the players. They proved they can turn around a game. Football is a simple game. It's about the reaction to the goal.' Smith again mentioning the importance of 'consistency' within performances and remaining level headed within games

DS: Bruno is a really good coach. They lost the first three games but I looked at the statistics because I’m a bit of a geek with data, and their data was really good. It was only a matter of time before they turned results around.

Smith has probably used the word 'belief' more than any other in his press conference so far. On the fans: 'We have to get them behind us with our performances by showing how hard we will work for the shirt'.

New additions to the #NCFC squad 'integrating really well', according to Smith. There is still a desire for patience but he believes they will come good.

Smith says Ozan Kabak was 'unlucky' to miss out last week but hadn't trained much because of glandular fever. Describes the understanding between Ben Gibson and Grant Hanley as 'excellent'. Stresses the importance of competition from Kabak and Omobamidele.

Nice snippet from Smith that he watched Josh Sargent play for both Werder Bremen and the USA. His work ethic is something Smith highlights. Describes him as a 'wide forward' and 'changed the game'.

A full week of training has allowed Smith to drip-feed a bit more information to his squad. He wanted to simplify the information he was giving the squad last week. Work on transitional phases has been at the fore this week.

'I know the sort of player Todd is and can be'. Smith believes Cantwell is getting closer to his top level. Plenty of praise for him as a footballer. I wonder what that means for tomorrow.

DS: "I believe the risk was worth it. I just felt he was slightly off it last week. He has had a full week of training this week and I feel he is getting back to those levels we all know he has."

Smith has had a chat with Todd Cantwell about last week and explained why he decided to take him off. 'It won't take an awful lot to get him back to the levels of the Premier League. I don't need to tell what #NCFC fans what a player he is.'

#ncfc DS calls himself a 'data geek': 'We ran collectively 5km more than #saintsfc. half a km of that was high speed running. We are certainly fit enough. But we need to be able to keep the ball more.'

N

Number 9

I like that Deano is getting everyone down to Carrow Road at 12pm.
They'll all be able to have a couple of beers together watching Newcastle get spanked by Arsenal before our game at 4pm.

N

Number 9

Torn between 1-1, or 2-1 to us today.
Wolves in good form to be fair & Deano has only had 10? days with our boys.
I'm hoping for a draw but who knows what might happen.
Normally you'd expect the team which finished the last game to start this one, but again, who knows?
It'll probably be a couple of months before we understand how Dean thinks.

OldRobert

OldRobert

FFM_ECoXsAIuoJ2

N

Number 9

Well that's a first half we haven't seen for a while.
Battling well against a top six team who have been in form.
Not much quality though out there, and worrying about Norm.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

good performance today .... another robust effort from sargent .... mclean very good at breaking up wolves attacks ... rupp was a more than adequate replacement for normann .... standouts today - williams, rashica, aarons and gilmour .... pukki missed a good chance .... could have nicked it but that's another point in the bag .... bring on the toon !!!!!

Last edited:
morty

morty

Staff member
Enjoyed that. You can smell the change, there's a little bit of confidence, we're 10 yards higher up the pitch, there is a bit more bite, and you can see small tweaks all over the pitch, in all the players. Rashica easily man of the match for me, Williams very good too, also Kenny had a decent second half especially. One of those games where it is hard to think of a player who actually had a bad game.

Follow this up with something away at Newcastle and who knows where we may end up.

Good stuff.

D

DaveJ

Good weekend for lions and canaries - well done guys, you are making the impossible suddenly seem possible.
It’s amazing how far a little confidence can take you in football. I think it’s fair to say you have a lot of goodwill on your side outside of Norfolk, and I’m sure O’hara is regretting his big mouth idiotic comments from a few weeks ago.
UTV
On the ball city

Status
Not open for further replies.