By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Wycombe Wanderers (home) Saturday 24th October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Stick, but if we’re comfortably ahead in the second half then get Mario on a bit earlier. Come to think of it, if we’re struggling get him on earlier too :)

N

Number 9

We've had a couple of lucky breaks against Rotherham and Birmingham, Wycombe aren't going to be easier, they will play the same way. If anything, psychologically it will be harder because most will think we should easily beat them.

Din

Din

I wouldn't actually be opposed to moving Pukki back up front and then putting Vrancic into the number 10 role, but I do think he is more suited to playing deeper, and you can't take Rupp out of the side after his performance in the week.

You can't take any game as a given at this level, and I'm sure we won't, but Wycombe so far have looked well out of their depth, and obviously lost every game so far. Surely we can't along come Norwich this one :rolleyes:

N

Number 9

I wouldn't actually be opposed to moving Pukki back up front and then putting Vrancic into the number 10 role, but I do think he is more suited to playing deeper, and you can't take Rupp out of the side after his performance in the week.

You can't take any game as a given at this level, and I'm sure we won't, but Wycombe so far have looked well out of their depth, and obviously lost every game so far. Surely we can't along come Norwich this one :rolleyes:
I think we've been lucky past two games, can we do it three in a row?

Din

Din

I think we've been lucky past two games, can we do it three in a row?
We were lucky against Rotherham, but I think we got what we deserved against Birmingham. If we play how we did in mid-week again today then we'll win this one. But we all know how much we like to do things the hard way.

dj161

dj161

maybe us scoring three in a game isn't so unrealistic after all

also why are we still playing goal music in an empty stadium, its bizarre

Din

Din

First 10 minutes was fantastic. Early goal and creating chances to score more, I was literally thinking this could be our first thrashing of the season. Everything since then has just been abysmal. Hanley making a 2nd mistake in 3 games that has lead to a goal, and Gibson is also all over the place allowing his man a completely free header, and to be honest I think we were also lucky not to have a penalty given against us.

We just need to calm down and compose ourselves. Every time we get the ball we’re trying to force it far too much. I don’t understand where this side who were so good in the opening 10 minutes or so have gone, we’ve been a complete mess since then. Anything less than a win here isn’t really acceptable.

dj161

dj161

beautiful free kick, fully deserved win, wouldn't say we were brilliant but much the better side for the majority of the game, can't have any complaints about Idah's red card, you can't shove a player in the face right in front of the linesman and expect to get away with it

the argument for getting Mario more game time will surge on now, Brentford away next will be a tough game, but should be a good measuring stick for the progress we've made the last couple of weeks

OldRobert

OldRobert

Tbh we were appalling. Another lucky 3 points. Idah out for 3 games.silly boy. Please can we have a defence coach. I know it was the third game in 8 days, but it was WYCOMBE FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.