By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich vs Spurs (away) Wed 22nd January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

Same team as started against Bournemouth obv with Hanley in for Ben.
You know better than to imagine I'm feeling positive about the result. :eek:

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Duda, Todd plus one other. Move McLean up the pitch and put someone else next to Tettey or just a like for like replacement?

G

gerryinromania

The expensive German sick note keeper with 20 odd minutes under his belt ,is injured again. Who'd a thunk it. Total and utter waste of time and money

Din

Din

With Buendia in the team I might've backed us to nick something. Spurs have been pretty poor recently and are clearly missing Kane, but even so will likely have too much for us here. Lloris is back in goal as well which will give them a boost.

Gonna be interesting to see Rupp for the 1st time. Hopefully Duda can build off his impressive performance against Bournemouth.

If we can get a win, we'll be just 3 points off safety. OTBC!

G

gerryinromania

See that nice man Cavanagh, is ref tonight. He is the var man that took so long to disallow Pukkis goal v Spurs before Christmas and was the inept ref when we played Villa. Fun and games, more food for the brown envelope var gang

dj161

dj161

so what position is Rupp, I thought he was a centre mid, but taking Emi's place looks like he'll be playing further up the field, unless we're playing 4-3-3 and Farke has opted for a 3 man central midfield to counter spurs attacking threat?

N

Number 9

so what position is Rupp, I thought he was a centre mid, but taking Emi's place looks like he'll be playing further up the field, unless we're playing 4-3-3 and Farke has opted for a 3 man central midfield to counter spurs attacking threat?
Emi's position, I didn't watch the first half but reading on Twitter that it didn't look like his natural position.
Bear in mind that Spurs were attacking down our right flank extensively.

Din

Din

Really poor goal to concede towards the end. Byram diving in and Cantwell messing around on the edge of the box when he just needs to get the ball out. A shame because we'd actually defended well, and created a couple of good opportunities. Get in at half time at 0-0 and you never know, but can't see us getting anything now.

Tettey is making me tear my hair out when he's on the ball, and I've said it for a few games but I just don't like Byram, a right footer, on the left hand side as he just doesn't give us the width we need and means we are far too narrow going forward. Rupp looks neat and tidy on the ball but clearly isn't a right winger. Need to get Duda on the ball more.

N

Number 9

65 mins, Drmic, Onel and Jamal should come on for Byram, Pukki and Cantwell

Din

Din

Such a fucking shame. Could make a case that we deserved all 3 points let alone the 1 we looked set to get before an absolutely massive stroke of luck gives Spurs a 2nd goal. That ball could go anywhere after Zimmerman makes the block but it loops inch perfectly over everyone and gives Son an open goal, as if the ball was guided by God himself.

2nd half performance was superb, to come away from today with nothing to show is so so cruel on the players.

N

Number 9

Such a fucking shame. Could make a case that we deserved all 3 points let alone the 1 we looked set to get before an absolutely massive stroke of luck gives Spurs a 2nd goal. That ball could go anywhere after Zimmerman makes the block but it loops inch perfectly over everyone and gives Son an open goal, as if the ball was guided by God himself.

2nd half performance was superb, to come away from today with nothing to show is so so cruel on the players.
I think we should have won the game.
Regards the lucky deflection, you have to go back a couple of touches and not to let him get in that position initially.

Subs should have been addressed earlier, we were on top but some players weren't contributing in a positive way.
Our subs just became a joke because he waited til we'd lost the game before changing the obvious.
If you want to consider luck, Pukki managed to get the poorest penalty into the net. That was lucky, he was definitely off his game tonight.

OldRobert

OldRobert

DF substitutes far too late to make an impact. How many times have we said that. I wonder how many points that might have cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.