By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Notice: Site redesign & upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Later this week (week starts on Sunday, remember!),or early next week, I'm going to be closing up shop for a couple of days and completing a software upgrade (there will be a notice for anybody who reaches the homepage) and a redesign. 

I know that some are a little skeptical about the need for an upgrade but I'm fairly sure people will consider it an improvement. 

Initially I'm just going to upgrade the forum itself, disable all other features, and then reinstate the features over time - just to minimise the downtime and get the forum up and running again. I ideally wanted to get this done earlier in pre-season but couldn't due to a health issue leaving me short of energy (nothing too serious). 

It also allows me to sort out the issue that we're currently having with spam bots, and we can have a little relaunch to try and get a few old posters interested again (that will pretty much amount to a mass email, the twitter account becoming active again, and somebody starting a thread on the pink'un about why they still haven't upgraded their software, one year after they said they would! ;)  ).  

I've said before that I'll be rolling all of the 'non-football' sections into a single forum. And this upgrade makes the mobile site redundant, which is a huge bonus as I'd never turned it yellow and green, the site will be fully responsive so suitable for smartphones/tablets without having to use that ghastly blue thing. 

Colours will remain exactly the same, as we've never had any complaints about those. I may get a graphic designer to produce a professional logo. 

Quite a few of you have been outspoken about some changes that you'd like to see introduced, I can't remember most of them though so please consider this thread a final opportunity to make any suggestions!

Cheers! 

Last edited by a moderator:
morty

morty

Staff member
Nice one, anything I can help with, let me know!

You could well be right about the timing of this, I think the penny is slowly dropping that Archant have no intentions of upgrading the Pink un forum, its obvious that community chat bubble thing was a desperate knee jerk reaction to this place opening, I reckon someone saw people chatting here about how much they liked the chat function here, that was pure novelty, and has hardly been used since lol!

Basically the only moderation there is when someone emails them and complains about something, the multiple identities and trolling there really has reached ridiculous proportions. And to be honest, I think its stubbornness with a few thats stopping them coming here.

I think we will go from strength to strength here once the new season starts.

Reactions: Wiz
admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Nice one, anything I can help with, let me know!
You and Splutcho have helped more than enough recently with all those annoying spam posts, going to get that fixed.

I've suddenly found the motivation to sort this place out, really looking forward to getting stuck in now. 

morty

morty

Staff member
You and Splutcho have helped more than enough recently with all those annoying spam posts, going to get that fixed.

I've suddenly found the motivation to sort this place out, really looking forward to getting stuck in now. 
Good, you should keep believing that this place can succeed, in fact it already has, to be honest.

admin

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Good, you should keep believing that this place can succeed, in fact it already has, to be honest.
The 'latest posts' sidebar will be staying, you'll be glad to hear  B)

morty

morty

Staff member
The 'latest posts' sidebar will be staying, you'll be glad to hear  B)
Ah good, because I think thats what knits the forum together, and the reason why the multiple forums on the Pink un doesn't work. You look at that and click on whats new, without even registering what forum it has been posted on, otherwise stuff not on the main forum would go largely unnoticed.

Din

Din

Guaranteed that during the couple of days the site is down, we will sign 8 new players, sell Van Wolfswinkel to Ipswich, appoint Delia as under 21's manager, bring out a rainbow coloured 3rd kit, and announce that Carrow Road is going to be expanded to 60'000 seats, so in the meantime we will play our home games at Sloughbottom Park :D

The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

Thanks. My suggestion was for an 'Away Days' section in the forum, where people can post their experiences under each club listed (which hopefully would be a rolling thing throughout the fixture list) and might be fun for it to come back around a year later and evoke old memories etc

The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

I think we will go from strength to strength here once the new season starts.

I hope so, this forum had gone so quiet of late I was worried we were going to die off with a whimper - Id assumed the Pinkun had improved and people had just gone back there

dj161

dj161

Guaranteed that during the couple of days the site is down, we will sign 8 new players, sell Van Wolfswinkel to Ipswich, appoint Delia as under 21's manager, bring out a rainbow coloured 3rd kit, and announce that Carrow Road is going to be expanded to 60'000 seats, so in the meantime we will play our home games at Sloughbottom Park :D
well we gave it a go with the 3rd kit

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Best of luck with the upgrade, as soon as you are back I will alert the UAE Canaries of this site, something In should have done before. We are small in number, but every little helps if a few of them come across.  

The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

Best of luck with the upgrade, as soon as you are back I will alert the UAE Canaries of this site, something In should have done before. We are small in number, but every little helps if a few of them come across.  
I thought you meant UEA at first, then I realised!

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

Things have gone a bit quiet over the summer after the excitement of promotion, but perhaps the upgrade will get things going again.

Scott

Scott

I reckon the site and forum will become a lot more active when the season starts or when we start making a few more exciting signings! Great forum, good laugh and some decent discussions!

Status
Not open for further replies.