By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Pre season friendlies.

morty

morty

Staff member
Did anyone watch this?
I managed to see it.
Cantwell stood out as MOM for me.
I watched from about 35 minutes, as didn't realise it was on. Aye, Cantwell looked very bright! Bali Mumba also, and a youth lad that came on later, whose name I forget lol.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I thought Rupp did well and was our best player in the first half. Cantwell had that bit of quality to look better than most in the second half. Rashica and Placheta both looked rusty and a bit like they were trying a bit too hard in Rashicas case. The young lads all did well, Nizet at left back got really high up the pitch and was lively, bit strange that he’s been linked with a move back to Belgium. I also though the American lad (Tomlinson ?) looked composed. I’d like him to do well as he was turned down after a trial at Ipswich:)
It’s also very easy to think we’re only playing Kings Lynn, forgetting that they’re a conference side. They did well and certainly weren’t outclassed, taking into account it’s pre season and a game for our players to get fit. I hope they’re more successful this season.

N

Number 9

I don't like seeing inverted wingers, Rashica playing on the left, constantly spinning around to find his right foot.

Wasn't impressed by Farke using Sorensen as a defender, and Placheta as a left back. I can't tell you what I said when McGovern came on at half time.

He had a back three going on there, wondering if Farke is going to use that against the Premier League teams?

morty

morty

Staff member
I thought Rupp did well and was our best player in the first half. Cantwell had that bit of quality to look better than most in the second half. Rashica and Placheta both looked rusty and a bit like they were trying a bit too hard in Rashicas case. The young lads all did well, Nizet at left back got really high up the pitch and was lively, bit strange that he’s been linked with a move back to Belgium. I also though the American lad (Tomlinson ?) looked composed. I’d like him to do well as he was turned down after a trial at Ipswich:)
It’s also very easy to think we’re only playing Kings Lynn, forgetting that they’re a conference side. They did well and certainly weren’t outclassed, taking into account it’s pre season and a game for our players to get fit. I hope they’re more successful this season.
Nizet, thats the one I was thinking of. Yeah liked the look of him!

morty

morty

Staff member
I don't like seeing inverted wingers, Rashica playing on the left, constantly spinning around to find his right foot.

Wasn't impressed by Farke using Sorensen as a defender, and Placheta as a left back. I can't tell you what I said when McGovern came on at half time.

He had a back three going on there, wondering if Farke is going to use that against the Premier League teams?
I think Farke wanted to play three at the back last time in the Prem, but we never had 3 CB's fit at any one time! Its good to have options, last time when we beat Man City, early in the season, teams kinda worked us out after that, and we could have done with varying the tactics a bit, but like I say, we were hamstrung a bit by injuries!

morty

morty

Staff member
I missed most of the first half Frank, what did you make of Billy Gilmour?

N

Number 9

Just watched the Farke after match presser.
Giannoullllllllloiusssss out couple of weeks hamstring.
Byram out couple of weeks hamstring.

N

Number 9

I think Farke wanted to play three at the back last time in the Prem, but we never had 3 CB's fit at any one time! Its good to have options, last time when we beat Man City, early in the season, teams kinda worked us out after that, and we could have done with varying the tactics a bit, but like I say, we were hamstrung a bit by injuries!
We had changed tactics for the Manc match if I recall correctly. Also against Everton, I believe it was.
I remember being a bit peeved that tactics weren't adjusted more often, it worked on those rare occasions after all.

morty

morty

Staff member
We had changed tactics for the Manc match if I recall correctly. Also against Everton, I believe it was.
I remember being a bit peeved that tactics weren't adjusted more often, it worked on those rare occasions after all.
It was literally a patched up team for Man City, we had loads of injuries, so changes were pretty much enforced.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I missed most of the first half Frank, what did you make of Billy Gilmour?
I think he only joined the squad that morning and I thought it showed a little. Having said that, he keeps the ball moving and looks like he will be the link between the defence and attacking three. If I felt like being a bit of a smart arse I’d say he was the pivot :) He’s definitely going to be a good player and will help us, he’s certainly not a dm though so I’m not surprised we’re looking to add someone, at least I hope we are as we need a midfielder the size of a brick sh1thouse to protect the defence.

N

Number 9

Not sure if it's on YouTube but the game tomorrow against Lincoln is at 14:30.

morty

morty

Staff member
Must kick off at half 3.

fdgdf.jpg

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Love to see the young lads being given a chance