By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Pre season friendlies.

morty

morty

Staff member
Anyone going tonight? I can't quite make it..
Screenshot_20220701-092845_Samsung Internet.jpg

N

Number 9

The Marsielle game this afternoon is a tenner via NCFC but I've read that it's a fraction of that via Marsielle on twitch.
Anyone used twitch at all?

N

Number 9

My word!

• It was a friendly
  • Marseille are at least a week behind us in preparation
  • Some of the boys did very well, interesting stuff.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I thought we looked decent, although we did get away with it a couple of times in the first half, really good to see Cantwell really involved, perhaps there’s still a place for him here after all.

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

Pre-season form looks decent. Hugill is on fire. He has apparently told Dean he really wants to be involved and is out to show him why. It is good to see Cantwell appearing to be focused and doing OK. With new signings and the loan players coming back plus a few of the players on the way out the squad will look a bit different this season. Some people are droning on about Pukki 'doing a Cantwell' 'cos he 'wants away'. Apart from quotes from his agent that Teemu wants to play at the 'highest level' there have been no other hints of a problem with him. Anyone know different?

N

Number 9

We struggled to play out from the back against Cambridge and now Celtic, I guess we'll have to wait until next weekend to see what Smith thinks will survive the Championship.
I'm not sure trying to walk the ball into Pukki again will work this year.

G

gerryinromania

Can't find any match comments/commentary. only on the crap pinkun app no way will I subscribe. Are the canaries playing football this year4, or still practicing kneeling and grovelling?

N

Number 9

Can't find any match comments/commentary. only on the crap pinkun app no way will I subscribe. Are the canaries playing football this year4, or still practicing kneeling and grovelling?
Some of the preseason games have been on canaries tv, tomorrow against Hibernian is too.
I've not seen Pukki score yet but Hugill has looked interesting.
Not much has changed since last season apart from.
Todd looks lively.
Hugill too.
Sinani could possibly be ok.
Macallum as left back - has couple of touches but largely meh.

G

gerryinromania

Thanks no 9. It's kinda difficult getting the news out here. For example, today the pinkun and Edp were blocked out, yet I was allowed and encouraged to sign up for that app, The same for the Canaries site

N

Number 9

Thanks no 9. It's kinda difficult getting the news out here. For example, today the pinkun and Edp were blocked out, yet I was allowed and encouraged to sign up for that app, The same for the Canaries site
I'll be over there in a few weeks, do you see any games on the TV put there?

S

Scottish Canary

At Celtic Park today. Agree struggled to deal with high press. Celtic sharper all over the pitch, where our play laboured and predicable. Roshica great effort 1st half and we got better when Celtic brought on their reserves. Couple of good saves from Hart and onel a good drive and shot blocked late on. Pukki is a concern. starved of any service and isolated most of the game. Hibs are poor so even though a young team expected to be fielded tomorrow an easy win surely.

OldRobert

OldRobert

If Smith's 'tactic' is to continue to starve Pukki of any service, then there is no chance of finishing in the top 6. He needs to play to his strengths or sod off.