By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Reluctant to start a politics thread...

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

But are the Tory's throwing this election on purpose? 

I was going to hold my nose and vote for them, because I just see Marxism as 50 shades of fail, but I didn't expect Theresa May to be this incompetent. 

They've either got this election campaign completely wrong, or they think the sh*t might be about to hit the fan and they want that to happen under Labour? 

Are they just an omnishambles or are they trying to throw the election? If they still manage to win a majority it will be in the knowledge that Hillary Benn or David Milliband would have wiped the floor with this prime minister!

Din

Din

I don't think they're throwing it on purpose, however they are doing a royal job of f*cking it up. May is lucky really that Corbyn divides a lot of people.

Although that said I will be voting Labour. I do actually like Corbyn, as a lot of people my age seem to do (I'm 21). I don't think he would be the strongest leader however I do at least believe he is honest and is actually in touch with his voters. Theresa May however is the polar opposite. She comes across as being completely in politics to serve herself, which to be fair an awful lot of Tories seem to be. I can understand why people would vote Tory at this point, however I don't agree with so much of their manifesto that I just can't vote for them. Plus I do actually resonate with a lot of Labour's ideas.

I'm sure Conservatives will win still, however I think their incompetence has been clearly demonstrated to everyone. 

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Its not just Corbyn as a person though is it, its the whole package on offer from Labour at the minute. The divided party, the dozen or so popular constituency MP's who have been driven out by the hard left of the party for daring to be centre-left, which in 2017 makes you a "Tory", Dianne Abbott in charge of MI5 and the police, organisations that she despises, a 36 year old with no GCSEs, no A Levels and no Degree being in charge of school curriculum, whilst a former teacher with a PGCE would be in charge of defense because the only shadow cabinet member with military experience also had a falling out with Corbyn. 

I had a good Labour MP, knocked on my door a couple of times in the past trying to get my vote. Not standing this time because of a fall out with Corbyn, now got some hard left 20 something with no life experience parachuted in, similar has happened elsewhere. 

the jarrold

the jarrold

I wouldn't fret if I was a Conservative. They dont look like a party under stress atm. I bet their own polling etc gives them a majority of between 70 and 90 seats. Could even be more. They do the number crunching so well  backed by lots of money and the right wing press. Theyll be fine. Its happy days for them.

G

ginjadave

I wouldn't fret if I was a Conservative. They dont look like a party under stress atm. I bet their own polling etc gives them a majority of between 70 and 90 seats. Could even be more. They do the number crunching so well  backed by lots of money and the right wing press. Theyll be fine. Its happy days for them.
lol

morty

morty

Staff member
I can't believe that Jezza couldn't win against probably the most inept election campaign ever!

Reactions: ZLF
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Need proportional representation. It would mean a few Ukippers getting into parliament, but our electoral system is a bit of a joke isn't it. 

It was fair for them to point out that they had 0 seats from 4 million votes in 2015, when the SNP had 56 from 1.5m. 

Now the DUP are going to basically be running the UK with 300k votes.

We either need major boundary reform where we divide the population of the UK by the number of MP's and work out boundaries by population (something around 100k people per MP),or we need some sort of regional PR system like we do for European elections.

Last edited by a moderator: