By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Season ticket rebate

morty

morty

Staff member
I have just worked out how much rebate there will be from the 3 tickets I pay for.

I will receive £328.88 for my 3 season tickets, and a further £75 for Man U tickets I had bought. I love my club as much as the next man, but highly unlikely I will be giving that amount away to the academy.

Edit - I will also likely get about 30 quid back on my away membership, the academy can have that.

morty

morty

Staff member
Oh and for the record, I couldn't care less what anyone else does regarding their own decisions. There is already beefing on Twitter about how good a fan you are, based on whether or not you donate your money to the academy, or claim it back. People should just do what is best for them, and not be judged for it.

dj161

dj161

I'm like you Morty and will be keeping the money myself, it's not like I wouldn't want to give it to the club, but right now with the amount of uncertainty in everything going on, you have to do whats best for you, and for me that's taking back what money I'm offered, fair play to those that don't need the money and keep it at the club, but right now that option isn't for me

OldRobert

OldRobert

Seeing as there has been a lot of talk of next season being behind closed doors, bloody obvious innit?

morty

morty

Staff member
Seeing as there has been a lot of talk of next season being behind closed doors, bloody obvious innit?
That would be absolutely disastrous for our club, our excellent attendances over recent years have helped keep us afloat. Looks like we may have to get used to life without Buendia, Aarons and Godfrey...

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Oh and for the record, I couldn't care less what anyone else does regarding their own decisions. There is already beefing on Twitter about how good a fan you are, based on whether or not you donate your money to the academy, or claim it back. People should just do what is best for them, and not be judged for it.

I find it distasteful when people judge what others do with their own money, that they worked hard for and paid tax on. Especially at a time when many are seeing reduced income and job insecurity.

I think the club will make it clear if things get perilous, and at that stage people can decide whether they want to contribute in some form at a later date. If somebody like you takes their £328 today, it doesn't mean that you won't decide to stick £328 into a share issue or bond in a year if it becomes clear that we're stuffed.

morty

morty

Staff member
I find it distasteful when people judge what others do with their own money, that they worked hard for and paid tax on. Especially at a time when many are seeing reduced income and job insecurity.

I think the club will make it clear if things get perilous, and at that stage people can decide whether they want to contribute in some form at a later date. If somebody like you takes their £328 today, it doesn't mean that you won't decide to stick £328 into a share issue or bond in a year if it becomes clear that we're stuffed.
With the price of oil the way it is, the oil and gas industry is in tatters. My company is talking about redundancies (though I think I'll be okay) so right now I'd much rather have that money in my bank account! I think I would be kicking myself, if I do find myself up shit creek, if I had given that kind of money away.

OldRobert

OldRobert

That would be absolutely disastrous for our club, our excellent attendances over recent years have helped keep us afloat. Looks like we may have to get used to life without Buendia, Aarons and Godfrey...

If Civid-19 didn't exist, and the season finished as normal, it is highly likely we would have been relegated. We would have been getting used to being without the players you mentioned anyway.
Imo family comes first, football is way way down the list of what matters in this life.

morty

morty

Staff member
If Civid-19 didn't exist, and the season finished as normal, it is highly likely we would have been relegated. We would have been getting used to being without the players you mentioned anyway.
Imo family comes first, football is way way down the list of what matters in this life.
Oh aye, but I have seen estimates that this crisis could cost us 30 million. It is galling that we got ourselves into such a great financial position only for this to have happened. But, that said, we are still in a lot better position than a lot of clubs.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Not as galling as if you end up losing your livelihood, whether that be your business or your job, let alone the ultimate sacrifice.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Obvious to you and me and no doubt to those on here, but reading many elsewhere, although tbf not all, there are those who seem to have lost sight of what is really important. Their world revolves around £30m, NCFC, relegation etc.etc..:rolleyes:

dj161

dj161

so has anyone actually received their rebate yet? still waiting on mine